A Nice Thread All About The Psp

I love viewtiful joe, I started playing it again yesterday, I'd almost forgotten how cool it is.

Talkin of 2d games, I bought metal slug 3 on a whim the other day (the new one for the ps2) and...well, I wasn't impressed. It was fun but it was SOOOOOOOO short.

Talkin of 2d games, I bought metal slug 3 on a whim the other day (the new one for the ps2) and...well, I wasn't impressed. It was fun but it was SOOOOOOOO short.

sorry to go off topic here, but there are some other levels in ms3 you just got to mish around, have you found the elephant with a gun attached to it yet?

and if you completed it without cheating you bow down to you skills

junker posted on Mar 16 2005 at 04:36 AM said:
capcom isn't the only company that makes 2d games nowadays.
Obviously but most made by other companies suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
c0ncept posted on Mar 16 2005 at 12:43 AM said:
I love viewtiful joe, I started playing it again yesterday, I'd almost forgotten how cool it is.

Not as good as x or 2 me thinks. But 4 and 5 are just horrid :( . Playmore you bastards "shakes fist" :(

4 and 5 weren't that bad for me, but i'm not that big of a metal slug fan anyway. my first time playing mslug at an arcade was last year at my school..aah i loved it.

Me, I was sticking my Xbox in a backpack and hauling that heavy hunk of plastic to work every night for quite a few months once I softmodded it,
hey bast.. where exactly do you work?

See BBC News Site - PSP official UK launch is delayed by MONTHS! <grr>

Guess I'll get an America one then...

argon0 posted on Mar 17 2005 at 11:54 AM said:
See BBC News Site - PSP official UK launch is delayed by MONTHS! <grr>

Guess I'll get an America one then...

You in the UK?

Dont go American, get a Japanese. The reasons are endless (see other threads).

Apart from being the same region I can't see any reasons to prefer Jap over US.

If I'd KNOWN that the date was being pushed back (as opposed to being pretty sure it would be) I'd have got one of my Japanese colleagues to pick one up on her way back - as well as Office 2k3 Japanese edition... <grr>

thats mostly it tbh, you're potentially getting the exact same unit that will eventually be released over here.

furthermore it'll be far cheaper to get it from japan, looks like the shortage could send prices in the US rocketing for a while.

yeah we've been over this a few times... there are WAY more reasons for you guys in the UK to import a Japanese one than to get an American one. Price, region coding, choice between standard and value pack.

tekt5 - I work the graveyard shift as a AAA tow truck dispatcher... it's usually dead from midnight to about 5 or 6 am so plenty of time to play games, read, watch movies or whatever. Lately I mostly play PSP and DrMD on GP 32... taking the Xbox every night in a backpack was taking it's toll on me. Otherwise I'd still take it... got over 1100 games on the thing :D enough to last me to retirement and beyond.

Before that I worked at Gamestop which was the best - job - ever IMO... but got fired because I 'let' some guy copy Xbox games onto his hard drive. "let".... bastards. Lesson learned here is, don't ever hesitate to 'snitch' on someone else who's doing something at your job that they shouldn't be because YOU are the one who's going to pay for it in the end.

yeah, sucks how you lost your job over your coworker copying games(sounds like something i would do, haha). how did they find out, by the way?
yeah, i'd love to work at a games store. seems like the guys working there just chill, play and ring up stuff. i remember trying to get a job at eb/gs/funcoland a while back, but damn, it seemed like they were never going to hire again. but thinking back...i wasn't too good at looking for jobs then.

I like my current job insofar as I can just sit there and do whatever I want for 75-90% of the time that I am there :)

Well, what happened to me at gamestop, for anyone who actually wants to read this (cue sad violin)

I was one of the assistant managers of the store. One of the regular associates, came in one day (it was a work day for him) with his modchipped Xbox to show to us. Good enough, I was personally eager to get a look at it as I was very interested in it for putting emu's on it. Anyways, while he had it there, during slow periods (most of the day) he was putting open games in it and copying them to his hard drive. I wasn't really paying attention, and finally realized what he was doing at the end of the day when it slowed way down before closing time. I told him that, while I didn't really care that he was doing it... I didn't want him doing that in the store. I mean... we had a policy at that time where you could borrow games from the store, if he wants to do it on his own time, then just dont tell me about it, but dont bring it into the store anymore.

The big problem was that our store had video camera's taping 24/7, but I wasn't too worried as no one ever checks those tapes unless something happens, a robbery or whatever.

So anyways, I told him don't bring it in anymore. Well, I found out that the next day (I was off that day) he brought it in and was doing it again. Well I didn't want to make a big deal but you know, I dont feel like having my job threatened, so I talked to my supervisor and let him know that you know, I told this guy dont just sit in the store copying games like that. So he was supposed to talk to him, write him up or whatever.

Well he never did, and someone told someone at our corporate office, and they reviewed the tapes, did a very short 'investigation', and fired everyone who worked at our store (6 people). Just like that. And even though *I* did report this to my supervisor (the store manager) they told me I was being fired because when he didn't do anything I should have gone to someone at the corporate office and told them. I had thought of that... but well... you know I wanted to be 'cool' and not be a dick, you know? You always want to try to be 'friends' with your coworkers, and I didn't want to get anyone fired... hell lord knows I may have done the same thing if I'd had a modded Xbox at the time (though I'd have been smart enough not to do it on camera!!).

So whatever... as I said, lesson learned, and I'm never going to go out of my way to be 'cool' in job situations like that again... if someone does something that is in any way putting me at risk, damn right I'm gonna snitch their ass right the f**k out... I dont care if that's being a little bitch, I got rent and bills to pay and I'm not letting any jackass screw with MY life like that you know?

ah well, in the end it was for the best, I'm making nearly twice as much per paycheck (biweekly) at this new job then I was at Gamestop, and as easy and fun as you might think working at a gamestore might be, it can be stressful too (especially if you're a manager as I was), there IS actually work to do, you know? dealing with customers can suck, dealing with corporate types ALWAYS sucks, and you always worry about being robbed or whatever. So my current job is also WAY less stressful, and of course, being able to watch movies, read, play video games or just take naps are just added perks.

But for all that, I WOULD take back my job at Gamestop if I could. I just loved working at a video game store, for the 'cool' factor if not anything else.

haha, i hear ya man. i would've done the same thing you did, or maybe not have done anything at all about that situation. but you're right, you shouldn't jeopardize your job over being 'cool' about it.

on the subject of jobs..the last place i worked at, ups, sucked big time. it wasn't really the job that sucked, but the hours(late nights at work, early mornings at school. what was i thinking??). lotta funny happenings there, though. two of my friends worked there along with me and we pretty much goofed off. it was pretty rough and monotonous and killing my school work, though, so i had to leave. man, it felt good quiting. reaaally good. good thing i have no bills to pay as well, but i'll probably have to soon :unsure:

Back