A Name For New Upcoming Pandora Zine

StreaK said:
Next sneak preview :)

pandorazine04samplevb2.jpg
I'd like to point out that this text size is kind of small for the size it will be displayed at on the Pandora. Comfortable to read on a monitor, but I'm sure will hurt my eyes if it was squished down much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
RajTakhar said:
Inside the Box is a cool title

The Zine looks great - can't wait to see it on a Pandora

My question would it be viewable on-line or off-line something like a PDF (where we could download when on-line and read on the train/bus/tube)
Basically i want to make zine similiar to Hugi Zine. ITB should be released monthly and contains [ among other things ]

- News from Pandora scene
- News from emulation scene that pandora covers - [ 8bit / 16bit / 32bit ] - example: when somebody releases new homebrew game for NES we will add some info about it in ITB, 'coz on Pandora we have a emulator PNes..
- Reviews - Mostly reviews in ITB will be reproduced under permission from various web pages [ currently we have few permissions from well known webpages ] and contains games for emulators / regular games for pandora / utilities for pandora ...
- Other fine texts - like in reviews, we have few permissions to legally use text from webpages [ for example gamesindustry.biz ]
- interviews - maybe we will gather some nice exclusive interwiews soon :p

Btw. we still looking for people to help us with the zine.

Same here, I was thinking of doing a zine myself called "the opened cube" or something, but you da man StreaK ;).

fiveseven said:
"This month in delays"
this made me chuckle ;]

How about Pandoramic or Pandorama? (plays on Panoramic)
Maybe 'The Pandoramic View' or something.

Inside The Box is alright though.

I would definitely like to help out with the zine. I'd prefer a writer/editor position, but I can do basic graphics work as well if need be. Shoot me a PM =]

"Pandora Rox My Sox"
"The Box That Craig Built"
"Infinitely Better Than Chuck Norris"

darkowl said:
Hellollo ?

Hehe, it is already famous :) Imho as good as ITB

TeaJunky said:
StreaK said:
Next sneak preview :)

I'd like to point out that this text size is kind of small for the size it will be displayed at on the Pandora. Comfortable to read on a monitor, but I'm sure will hurt my eyes if it was squished down much more.

Font will be bigger than on that screen. I've already checked it on smaller LCD and font is too small. That will be changed....

Update:
Font is too small
2n0u51j.jpg

Btw, what font you're propose to use in zine?

That font is going to be REALLY small to read. Pandora has some insane dpi on a tiny tiny screen, only 3.6 inches across. Our eyes are going to fall out.

There was a discussion about this in the dev forums... let me go find it.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45781

I went with a 9x15px bold font as the "smallest readable" for my Pandora game.

EDIT: A simulation of what this would look like on a pandora assuming you're looking at this image right now using a 72dpi monitor.

InsideTheBoxSim.jpg

Put your hands closer to your monitor as if you were holding a Pandora if you don't believe it's actually this small. :)

The font on the Pandora would be clearer, but not larger. Your font looks about 7px or smaller across. Try for 10px or more... somewhere halfway between your existing font and the font at the bottom of the page (UAE4Pandora)

Back