A formal apology to the Moderators and Users of boards.openpandora.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen to holding Prometheus up as a perfect example of how the new mods should aspire do their job.

IMHO - if a mod is unsure regarding the sensitivity of a subject - they should just 'spoiler' that part of the post, possibly with the words (in green) - 'Hidden due to controversial subject matter'. - or words to that effect.

Then the fun isn't spoiled for the rest of us.

- just my 2 pennies worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
 I realized yesterday after reading this post that since I don't use Facebook or Twitter or anything like that, if I were in a relationship I would be really easy to dump.  Happy Valentine's Day to me!  -_-

Yup, -1 to secret censorship of DaMummy.

I despise secret moderating, whoever is hiding and censoring posts should come out and explain themselves, inside the post itself.

The other day a post of mine mysteriously disappeared, I suspect just because it contained the word "nazi". I abhor secret moderation, all mods should have to identify themselves when making changes to other peope's posts. Otherwise that is abusive in itself.

There has recently been an internal discussion about what should/shouldn’t be moderated, and we have (almost) agreed that anything not strictly against forum rules is permissible.

We also discussing how to authenticate our edits of offending posts, since there seem to have been a few cases (not naming anyone) of fake moderation - users mischievously adding green text to their own posts. All mod edits of user posts should (at least) be accompanied by the mod's name, and perhaps an explanatory PM.

And since this thread seems to be totally off topic and no longer about what it is supposed to be about , I think it's time to lock it up.   :)

An apology has been given and forgiveness given.  All in all a good day. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back