A bunch of pictures

Wow, this is beautiful! Basically every single feature I've missed on the Pandora but also every feature I loved. THIS is how devices should evolve!

Rumble, adequate port spacing, eSATAp, GPS, 3G, enough keys for weird keyboard layouts, bigger screen, open hardware, wonky chip, four shoulder buttons, upgradeable SoC…

Sadly, I don't think I could justify an Al case for my Pandora, especially because I don't really use it anymore :-(

What I mean is sell the interest in a case. And if enough people buy it, then they'll be made and everyone who did gets one. If not, then everyone gets the case money back.

That wonky chip! I want that on a t-shirt, in silhouette, scaled up.
This is one of my favorite things, too.  It just looks wrong to my eye, and I love that.  What is it?  Maybe we can get it on the back of the t-shirt, really big.
Yeah, that's just...I've never seen something like this before. Space must have been /really/ tight.

Probably needed to be like this to prevent wires from being too close together. Prevent crosstalk and all that.

What is the leftmost connector?

I assume next to is eSATAp ... never heard of that before, so no idea if I will ever have a use for it other than using it as an USB-port ... but who knows. This will be full USB 3.0 (5 Gbit/s), right?

Is there an overview somewhere what features are currently planned? I think whatever information I have in my head is obsolete ...

WoW thats gotta be the most stunning looking PCB I've ever seen (and I kinda collect em) - totally beautiful! PLEASE stick with the brown!!

Debian Stable is always about 2 years behind by nature (and feels like 5 xD ). Did you also test Debian Testing and Unstable? They run stable although their names suggest otherwise.

and yeah, I like the wonky chip too ; )

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff!

This is really coming together fast and looks like it will be packed with fun stuff to explore.

Keep up the good work.

(Does ED ever sleep :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the brown PCB too, and the rumble motor, and the well-spaced ports, and the wonky chip and, actually, just insert all the things people have already said here.

Really awesome work.

(Does ED ever sleep :) )
nope :p

Are there advantages and disadvantages to different colours? Of circuit board, I mean.

Are there advantages and disadvantages to different colours? Of circuit board, I mean.
Red makes the electrons go faster but is also much hotter. Green is more environmentally friendly. Blue keeps everything nice and cool.I'm pretty sure that's how colours work, right? :p

(I actually have no idea, I just know that I want one yesterday!)

I too am very excited that there is a rumble motor! Is there still a possibility of motion detection or no? I know it is not necessary but it can be useful in some cases or for some applications.

Back