2010 Year Of The Pandora

srusoff

Still Fresh
Just being curious, not counting the first 105 Pandoras that should ship this year.

How many of you think the remaining 3,850 Pandoras will be released sometime in the first quater of 2010.

Sorry but I've got soooooooooo bored of these type of threads. It must of been answered 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 times in god knows how many threads. The pandora might be finished this year or next year! hopefully the first one but if not the second one. I'm going to sleep now ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:

its sayd first 105 will be out in october (i dr wich of d op t members sayd so), if so i wouldnt say it would take more than a month to produce the remaining ones

add shipping u get december as tops, since we wont se any chinese holidays ntil february

Scott Rusoff said:
Just being curious, not counting the first 105 Pandoras that should ship this year.

How many of you think the remaining 3,850 Pandoras will be released sometime in the first quater of 2010.

I honestly don't know. OP will release the Pandora when it's ready, and no sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
assuming first 105 ship no later than october 31st as craig said and they package 300 a day as craig said, then that leaves over a month and a half for assembly, shipping, and couple more appearances of murphy before 2010.

as long as Two Weeks (tm) doesnt appear more than 2 more times everyone should have one under their xmas tree

but i keep thinking that since there have been so much delays OP Team should give out some sort of benefit of Pre-Orders
against After 105 Release Orders.

ill be just happy to have some sort of Phisical or Digital (signed) certificat of One of the first Pandoras. (as if the time allows it,
it would make the Panda More Valuable over the time against common second batch ones).

it sound stupid, but hey there are excentric collectors that spend so much money on first editions
why not to have 1 ed Pandora certificat? it would cost nothing to the OP Team and some of the PP will be more than just haappy to receive it
and those who doesnt care, well, they dont care.

they could just number them. hmm, will they have serial numbers on them?

There was talk of some surprise for first-batchers but that was awhile ago...

yup i remember since i started the thread,

i cant believe no one here around is a collector since the panda could become a really desireable product for collectors.

i really dont think a low serial number is good enough since everyone gets a serial number so this would be at the loss of the idea.

2011 looks more plausible, or 2012 maybe.
it's already 3 year and it's still "2 months away".

upd: sorry, now it "1 month away" :)

ps- i'm not a troll :lol: i just want my pandora before xmas)

MonkeyChops said:
There was talk of some surprise for first-batchers but that was awhile ago...

Sadly, and I think that you post hints at this, that was said before all the delays along time ago in a galaxy far far away. I don't think its realistic now.

Still I'll be happy to finally get my hands on a Pandora within the next two months[sup]TM[/sup]. If you take what we are currently told as reasonably accurate. The cases will soon be in production, Pandora's can then be assembled and FCC / EC testing done in a week, final units shipped over about a two week period, so Christmas is plausible.

But I wouldn't get my hopes up, it might be too much to hope that the gremlins that have plagued this project have got bored and gone to pick on someone else.

At the end of this month people will be receiving the first Pandoras! My prediction! I think it might be accurate

2008 was supposed to be the year of the Pandora.

2009 was supposed to be the year of the Pandora.

Why not 2010 too? :p

The endlessly lllooooooongggggg wait and desperate search for positives continues - but it will all be over soon (ish) :)

Whilst I'd very much like to see this project succeed, there must come a point where OP will become insolvent should enough pre-purchasers exercise their legal rights to a refund.

Cheers
Simon

2010 is the yeahr where also the last noob has learn to handle the pandora B)

I think, in the end of 2009, i have know, how i install quake 3 on my own pandora.. and 2010, the n64 emulator is ready to realease,
i be not so pessimistic, that i mean that the pandora cames in 2010,

i can wait until 2160, than came an big meteroid, and i cancel the pandora, because i have other problems than (if i survive so long that i can have problems)

why dos it call pandora?, if our opensource handheld realeased, the wourld gos under.. B)

centrlink said:

The endlessly lllooooooongggggg wait and desperate search for positives continues - but it will all be over soon (ish) :)

Whilst I'd very much like to see this project succeed, there must come a point where OP will become insolvent should enough pre-purchasers exercise their legal rights to a refund.

Cheers
Simon

I expect that there are a lot of us, that as frustrated as we may be can just see the money as spent and that the progress is such that there's little point pulling out now so close to the end.

Equally with the credit crunch there must be people that have to get their money back regardless of their opinion on progress. They've been a handful of posts to that effect.

Also there has been a steady stream of people at the moment buying up cancelled orders.

So unless there is a stampede the OP team should pull it off.

Edited for typo

If one women open the pandora box, thy came all bad things and suffering, etc on the erd,
what happens when 3000 geegs open 3000 pandoras boxes?

if pandoras box arived, than cames the apokalypse, if pandoras box not arive, than i cant play mario rpg, thats the diverence.. :unsure:

thats very strange..

matzesu said:
If one women open the pandora box, thy came all bad things and suffering, etc on the erd,
what happens when 3000 geegs open 3000 pandoras boxes?

if pandoras box arived, than cames the apokalypse, if pandoras box not arive, than i cant play mario rpg, thats the diverence.. :unsure:

thats very strange..
yeah, the world will be destroyed once the OP team ships out all pandora's!

Wookiee said:
centrlink said:

Cheers
Simon

I expect that there are a lot of us, that as frustrated as we may be can just see the money as spent and that the progress is such that there's little point pulling out now so close to the end.

Equally with the credit crunch there must be people that have to get their money back regardless of their opinion on progress. They've been a handful of posts to that effect.

Also there has been a steady stream of people at the moment buying up cancelled orders.

So unless there is a stampede the OP team should pull it off.

Edited for typo

I thought you were supposed to pull out when you're close to the end? ;)

Back