Any Chance Of Aquiring One Of The "105"?

Jumpman

Advanced Member
I know the first 105 units are set to go to team members, developers, and the select media outlets which is completely fine with me! I never had a problem with that idea, as without those 3, the project wouldn't amount to much. I'm not starting this topic to start another "who should get one first debate"! Seeing how these are still prototypes, and have been "well" tested, I don't believe they should ever go out to any regular customers(without it being offered as a prototype/No warranty). I would just like to know if some are left out of that 105, if they can be made available to forum members/end users? One of my hobbies is video game collecting, and I think one of the first 105 units would make a nice collectable! Now I don't know how they could be offered without causing some kind of riot, but maybe charge $500-1000 would be one way(first come first serve), or maybe a lottery system of some kind! I'm guessing the remaining 100 should be assembled within a week or so, and besides the select few getting them, I'm sure it would be nice for some end users to be able to get some also, just as long as they know what they are getting! Now if there are none left out of the 105, then this is a moot topic, and should be closed!

Chris

Perhaps they could auction away a unit or two, and let the money go to charity. (or moar noodles and vodka for craig)

jumpman said:
I know the first 105 units are set to go to team members, developers, and the select media outlets which is completely fine with me! I never had a problem with that idea, as without those 3, the project wouldn't amount to much. I'm not starting this topic to start another "who should get one first debate"! Seeing how these are still prototypes, and have been "well" tested, I don't believe they should ever go out to any regular customers(without it being offered as a prototype/No warranty). I would just like to know if some are left out of that 105, if they can be made available to forum members/end users? One of my hobbies is video game collecting, and I think one of the first 105 units would make a nice collectable! Now I don't know how they could be offered without causing some kind of riot, but maybe charge $500-1000 would be one way(first come first serve), or maybe a lottery system of some kind! I'm guessing the remaining 100 should be assembled within a week or so, and besides the select few getting them, I'm sure it would be nice for some end users to be able to get some also, just as long as they know what they are getting! Now if there are none left out of the 105, then this is a moot topic, and should be closed!

Chris
if all dev's have their pandora, i think we should have a lottery, of only the people who will agree making videos once a day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Videos once a day? You think small, I was going to video it constantly, 24/7, both through the TV feed and a camera... honest!

NLS said:
Perhaps they could auction away a unit or two, and let the money go to charity. (or moar noodles and vodka for craig)
I like the auction idea! Charity is always good, or maybe to the developement fund? Or half and half maybe?

Chris

gadgetoid said:
Videos once a day? You think small, I was going to video it constantly, 24/7, both through the TV feed and a camera... honest!

You could probably make it pay-per-view at this point.

cobaltage said:
gadgetoid said:

I'd pay. :p

jumpman said:
NLS said:
I like the auction idea! Charity is always good, or maybe to the developement fund? Or half and half maybe?

Chris
still wanna know the suprise ED said we would have from this money...

I think the word 'moot' has gotten more use on these forums than in the entire 19th century

CodedKitty said:
cobaltage said:
gadgetoid said:

I'd pay. :p

What a great idea. I'm glad I thought of it. Does UStream support pay per view, or am I going to have to become a camwhore?

Oh yeah... what do you want Pandora to do for you today boys? Mmmm, yeaah, look at my sexy slots!

gadgetoid said:
What a great idea. I'm glad I thought of it. Does UStream support pay per view, or am I going to have to become a camwhore?

Oh yeah... what do you want Pandora to do for you today boys? Mmmm, yeaah, look at my sexy slots!
Rub some nubs, baby!

there is no pleasing you people, isnt a 1st batch panda enough?

@ DaMummy tell that to the collectors that argue over the glossy or non glossy stickers on nes maintenance station cleaning and test cartridges! or anyone that collects development consoles http://oldengineer.com/gallery/main.php

i mean CMON!!! http://oldengineer.com/gallery/v/360/ltd/360front.jpg.html

DaMummy said:
there is no pleasing you people, isnt a 1st batch panda enough?
Ask us in two months! :rolleyes:

Back