2 Months..... umm, weeks to go (2012-02-06)

Here's what I think:
So what it seems to be you are saying is that you didn't understand what ledow was implying, and now you're trying to mask it with pedantic arguments about how you could technically be right. If you did understand you would see there is no ambiguity as to whether he meant to round to 1 or 2 months. If that's the case then it's ok to admit it; jokes fly over my head sometimes too.

Wow. As a 2009 pre-orderer, this topic thread is the most alarming to date. I have now lost all confidence in the project. Apparently, if I want back in at some point, I'll pay the premium price and move to the front of the line. But until production is rolling, there is no reason or benefit to me to have my money held and keep getting moved to the rear of the line, especially with confidence dipping and anger rising.

hi,

as an old preorderer I don't care, what could have been, when other decisions would have been taken. that's history.

the only question for me is: do I want a pandora ?

if yes: I'll wait or upgrade.

if no: I'll cancel my order and shut up.

life is hard, and sometimes expectations won't meet reality. so stop weeping and take the right decisions you would demand from others.

I want to get my pandora, because it's a dream that became true, as I found the description of the pandora-project on the web.

and I want this dream come true for others, too. therefore I bought a one-nubber months ago. and if necessary I will pay once more for an upgrade.

greetings

Ill eat my hat if edd doesn't knock this one out of the park.It will happen and then the next phase is weve got to sell 10,000 of those babies so then we get a pandora 2.

P1 is a gateway to P2.Nuff said.

I will ship a big box of units to Craig... and he ships from there.

It's as easy as that ;)

Famous last words :p

I'll bet you a meal and all the beers (or whatever your poison is) you can drink in my bar if everyone goes smooth versus one beer for me if I'm right that we'll get a whole drama bomb of units going to the wrong place and/or people never receiving theirs and a lot of mud throwing after that about changes of adresses that were or weren't mailed/received.

You must pass through Amsterdam sooner or later so easy free meal in a place with free WiFi for you ED! And I hope that you win as I'd love to be wrong on this one. And if you and Craig happen to be in Amsterdam together I'll also buy him the meal and the booze whilst you'll still only have to get me one beer if I'm right.

I can't believe that I'm the only one who is worried about the lack of communication for years, normally I'm the one who says things will sort itself out. :blink:

Please don't take this as me being a hater, I can understand that you might be inclined to, the only reason I'm beating this dead horse is because I see a potential problem here that could be easily solved and which will cost you and Craig more money by units ending up in the wrong hands. I am thoroughly on both your sides but at the same time I realise that neither of you is infallible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm an original pre-order without upgrades. I like the project and am a proponent of open source anything. Over the course of several years of complaints and gripes posted on these boards regarding set backs I've remained supportive of the project. So whats in it for me? I can do nothing and eventually get a Chinese Pandora with a slower board. Seems like my $330.00, patience, and support should be worth more then that.

I'd feel OK with this.

Sell or do what ever to recover your losses.

Send out pre-orders ahead of mine if thats what you need to do, I don't care.

When your all caught up, production moving along, send me a Pandora with a good case and new board. I suppose I'm asking to move down the list in exchange for a better Pandora.

If I were you I would offer this. As far as those old Pandoras, you could sell them on Ebay as seconds or you could be creative in your community by donating them to social causes here and there; might be surprised by the returns on that approach.

I can't believe that I'm the only one who is worried about the lack of communication for years, normally I'm the one who says things will sort itself out. :blink:

Umm... what lack of communication?

There were constantly blog posts, news posts, replies to questions, etc...?

Yeah, there's a huge email backlog, but I usually reply to all mails I get.

Umm... what lack of communication?

There were constantly blog posts, news posts, replies to questions, etc...?

Yeah, there's a huge email backlog, but I usually reply to all mails I get.

I understand that the forums are here to provide most info and we're not getting a mail every month repeating what's here just so they can also start answering a bunch of upset people over the mail as well as on the forum but no mail at all as a first batcher kind of surprises me. I think I did get something for the premium units but I believe they simply went to the complete mailing list and not to just the first batchers.

^^

Not a single mail from GBAX since I ordered. Basically I haven't recieved any form of conformation that my order is actually still being worked on since the payment receipt.

Although the forum is a wonderfull source of information on how the project is doing it doesn't tell me if my order is still active. If you have customers waiting for YEARS longer then promised (when I ordered I was told that it would be there in approximately two months) wouldn't it be good business practice to at least let them know personally over the mail with a order number that the order is still active and you are x in the queue of y orders and please confirm if the shipping adress is still valid?

The fact that you do an update on a public forum doesn't help me in knowing if Craig still even realises he's got my money.

Have you sent your batch 1 customers any mails since the original order conformation? I can only speak about my experience with the UK shop.

I simply don't get how you wouldn't have the courtesy of sending a bulk mail every now and again with the simple statement that although there is a email backlog and people don't always get replies the order is still in queue and could you please check the delivery adress and make sure all the data is still current.

We're talking about a fully automated 10 minute job here once, let's say, every six months or so for a company that has it's administration in order.

So we have a bet? :)

Well, I can't say anything about GBAX, as I only handle the eMails and orders for my own shop (GP2X Shop).

Well, I can't say anything about GBAX, as I only handle the eMails and orders for my own shop (GP2X Shop).

Sadly, he's exact, I haven't received an "unsolicited mail" since the bank problem... the last news I got was by sending a request years ago directly to jaquelyne...

I'm an original pre-order without upgrades. I like the project and am a proponent of open source anything. Over the course of several years of complaints and gripes posted on these boards regarding set backs I've remained supportive of the project. So whats in it for me? I can do nothing and eventually get a Chinese Pandora with a slower board. Seems like my $330.00, patience, and support should be worth more then that.
(?) You'll get a german Pandora with double the RAM, probably within the next Two MonthsTM ...

Apparently, if I want back in at some point, I'll pay the premium price and move to the front of the line. But until production is rolling, there is no reason or benefit to me to have my money held and keep getting moved to the rear of the line, especially with confidence dipping and anger rising.
Not sure what information you're basing your train of thought on, but I don't think you've got this one right.

One, You don't need to get "back in", unless you've canceled your order without mentioning it in your post. You are in. Patience is a virtue :)

Two, there's no way for you to get to the front of the line. The "premium" option isn't available any more. You can stay in the middle of the (longer and possibly slower) old-price queue, or you can pay the price difference and jump to the end of the current-price queue. Both queues will have to be worked on at the same time, the idea being to shipp as many units at the old price as possible, and as many at the current-price as necessary. Since it's looking like proper mass production will begin Real Soon Now, I don't expect a huge difference in delivery dates between those two queue positions - in fact it's not clear to me which one would be faster at this point. Paying for an upgrade these days seems to be more of a donation/support thing.

In consequence (two b ), your benefit to not canceling your old preorder and rebuying is that you get to maintain your slow-motion purchase contract at the old, lower price. Disadvantages: Getting the product a couple weeks later. Or earlier. Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two, there's no way for you to get to the front of the line. The "premium" option isn't available any more. You can stay in the middle of the (longer and possibly slower) old-price queue, or you can pay the price difference and jump to the end of the current-price queue.
No, you can upgrade to jump to the front of the queue. At the same time more old preorders can be fullfilled, because there is more money from the old orders coming into the pot, so less new orders are needed in theis batch of 1000 units to finance the production of the next 1000 units.

The fact that you do an update on a public forum doesn't help me in knowing if Craig still even realises he's got my money.

I simply don't get how you wouldn't have the courtesy of sending a bulk mail every now and again with the simple statement that although there is a email backlog and people don't always get replies the order is still in queue and could you please check the delivery adress and make sure all the data is still current.
I've been wondering about this myself. I've got a couple friends who've ordered after I talked them into getting one, and both of them have little to no idea what's going on because they don't visit the forums.

Currently the status page says 1300 are left to be produced (approx), and since there's this thing now that 1 old preorder will go out for every 1 new preorder, how many old preorders are there still waiting? The math surrounding this has too many floaty numbers for me to guesstimate, so I'm not going to even try.

I'm just wondering how long it will be before I can expect mine to ship out. I've got something planned for when I get a confirmation email that my unit's been sent (to be finished by the time it arrives), but since my work schedule is erratic I'm just looking for a window of time I could look at. The 2 months that's been suggested is a wide window...

:mellow:

(?) You'll get a german Pandora with double the RAM, probably within the next Two MonthsTM ...
Thanks F_Sl

I don't follow the boards much, just check time to time to get an idea of the latest issue. If what you say is true I'm still stoked and pleased to hear of all the gains by the Pandora team.

^If your staying in line then you will indeed receive a Pandora from the new German production at Global Components with double the normal RAM and 4x the original amount intended.

@ -Tj- Love the avatar. She is looking finer than ever.

Surely your the chap responsible...?

pandoratantj2.jpg

Back