2 Months..... umm, weeks to go (2012-02-06)

If I'm informed correctly, there really is no such 'official' list, and if I remember correctly (I might be wrong on this), Ed once said that creating such a list would be extremely difficult.

That begs the question: how are pre-orders being allocated for shipment, and how have they been so far?

It's been made to sound, over many months, like they're being shipped in order (excepting 'premium' upgrades), but that - by definition - means they need to have a list (or be able to easily work it out).

It's either very confusing, or misleading.

^

This list can't happen because the Rebirth Preorders haven't paid yet. Legacy preorders now have the option to pay Premium price to jump the que as well. Some preorders like myself, have multiple units preordered from multiple ques. The list is dynamic because people are requesting refunds still from time to time even though the project is about to start making forward progress again. Every time someone upgrades to Premium, the que changes again.

It's confusion on a grand scale, but after 4000 Pandoras are produced, there will be no more Legacy preorders remaining. I don't think anyone is trying to mislead the community. It's important to keep that word in mind, community, because without investors, the project would have died in August 2011. Without the community, we would not have such great software to work with, an amazing optimized operating system that is constantly being worked on, and improved since before anyone even had a physical mass produced Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one sad thing about the two months timeframe is that I will probably get my first batch pandora right after the deadline of the pandora rebirth competition. :(

@OPT: You have my sympathies! Go on! Endspurt! :)

@ED: Please check your PM regarding my Lazarus rig. Thanks! :rolleyes:

@All other first and second batchers: Two out of three ain't bad! (Meat Loaf) - One out of three (in delivering queue positions) ain't bad either... ;)

It's been made to sound, over many months, like they're being shipped in order
That's broadly true, but remember there are two separate companies who don't have access to each other's customer data. They each have their own FIFO queue, but no common list. They might be able to merge lists, but also remember they're both in countries with basic privacy legislation: it wouldn't necessarily be the technical matters that make a unified list hard to build.

I haven't really paid much attention to earlier discussions of this, but I thought it wasn't considered "too difficult" in the sense of "nearly impossible", but in the sense of "neither easy nor important enough to justify the expense of extremely precious time".

It's been made to sound, over many months, like they're being shipped in order
That's broadly true, but remember there are two separate companies who don't have access to each other's customer data. They each have their own FIFO queue, but no common list. They might be able to merge lists, but also remember they're both in countries with basic privacy legislation: it wouldn't necessarily be the technical matters that make a unified list hard to build.

I haven't really paid much attention to earlier discussions of this, but I thought it wasn't considered "too difficult" in the sense of "nearly impossible", but in the sense of "neither easy nor important enough to justify the expense of extremely precious time".

Let ED do all the shipping.

ED gets the list from Craig and can thus merge them.

ED sends everyone a mail with current known shipping adress etc. Some people are bound to have moved.

Everyone who didn't get a mail, or his info in that mail isn't correct, knows he needs to speak up.

Potential problem solved. As I'm rather worried that with not a single mail from GBAX concerning my order since the payment receipt it'll turn out in a "Let's see who asks for his unit and don't wake sleeping dogs" scenario.

I understand that the forums are here to provide most info and we're not getting a mail every month repeating what's here just so they can also start answering a bunch of upset people over the mail as well as on the forum but no mail at all as a first batcher kind of surprises me. I think I did get something for the premium units but I believe they simply went to the complete mailing list and not to just the first batchers.

Seeing as most of my customers are in the UK I can't imagine Ed wanting to ship them all from Germany at 5* the cost.

Seeing as most of my customers are in the UK I can't imagine Ed wanting to ship them all from Germany at 5* the cost.

Are you picking them up in Germany then?

If not they have to be shipped to the UK somehow.

If it's cheaper to ship them in bulk, which I can imagine, he can still take care of merging the lists and making sure everything is up to date and everyone gets their unit in "fair" (bit of an outdated concept with all the premiums) order. Just ship them to you boxed and adressed and you'll only have to unpack the box and leave the individual packages right there at the distribution center. All the ones that can be shipped from Germany cheaper or same price he ships from there.

Keeps your hands free to keep up the good work in the iControlpad (don't have one but I believe things are going rather well there) and saves a lot of frustration all around.

edit: spelling and fixed a sentence that could be misunderstood

I will ship a big box of units to Craig... and he ships from there.

It's as easy as that ;)

Hello EvilDragon, I do hope you're "Michael". :lol:

I've preordered the Pandora on Feb 3 2011, and sent in a payment through Paypal for 30.00 USD. This is approximately 22 Euro, according to my research. This first "Preorder payment" was sent and confirmed on Feb 5 2011.

I was wondering if you could give me some sort of timeframe for where I am within the queue. I do not wish to be placed higher, or lower. I just need to know whether or not my Pandora will be one of the ones made this month, in the current production run. I've been saving for a while, and have to plan accordingly for when the final payment is due. ^_^

I will ship a big box of units to Craig... and he ships from there.

It's as easy as that ;)

Thanks, that's handy to know. One of the reasons I finally got an account here was because I was wondering whether we were supposed to bug Craig or you about changing the dispatch address...

I've preordered the Pandora on Feb 3 2011, and sent in a payment through Paypal for 30.00 USD. This is approximately 22 Euro, according to my research. This first "Preorder payment" was sent and confirmed on Feb 5 2011.

I was wondering if you could give me some sort of timeframe for where I am within the queue. I do not wish to be placed higher, or lower. I just need to know whether or not my Pandora will be one of the ones made this month, in the current production run. I've been saving for a while, and have to plan accordingly for when the final payment is due. ^_^

Pretty hard to tell, as some people might jump the boat ;)

If all current preorders keep their preorder, then you should be early of the next 1000, so approx. 1,5 months from here.

Pretty hard to tell, as some people might jump the boat ;)

If all current preorders keep their preorder, then you should be early of the next 1000, so approx. 1,5 months from here.

Sounds great to me. :D

Back