1GHz units, Classic units, repairs and TV-Out Cables (2012-08-24)

I came back from holliday yesterday.

I can't understand what's going on here.

So much people are complaining because they don't get theire Pandora.

WHY NOW?

Now mass production is running. Spoe pages before EvilDragon said that GC can produce 100 1GHz Pandoras a week.

Those sales can finance the old preorderers.

We're as close to deliver all preorderers as we never were bevore.

Pandoras are in stock now. That might also increase the number of sales a little because people will more likely buy what's in stock than what will be produced in some weeks.

Why can't you simply be happy and wait for your Pandora?

You're as close to it as you've never been bevore.

Be patient Evil Dragon does what he can do.

Next week I'll also help with repairings and various other stuff again. We will get things done :) .

Has there been any indication for weeks that Craig is doing anything for existing pre-orders now that things are allegedly "moving."

Of course not.

That's why.

I believe it's been said before that ED only ships Craig classic pre-order units when a bunch of them are ready to send at once. The last bunch was sent several weeks ago. I imagine that a new bunch will be ready to send with the new batch of 1GHz units. Also, considering ED saying recently that the ~100 classic units he had in stock had already been paid for, I'm sure some of those will go to Craig for distribution to pre-orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
For reference:

The latest Craig's original pre-order shipment that I can find a record of is from the 8th of June, with 01/10/2008 at 21:11 as the original order date and time. The next known order is from 21:54, and apparently he (FuzzySocks) is still waiting. He's also been active Today, and he has also stated that he will certainly post when he gets his shipping mail and/or delivery.

That's three MONTHS ago. Well, there certainly is a time interval of 43 minutes between the two orders, but I doubt there are many, if any, extra orders between those.

And Craig is behind not only in classic pre-orders, but also some of the premium upgraders are still waiting. So he will have to fulfill quite a lot of those too, before continuing the classic pre-orders...

Also remember: ED and Craig have separate companies, ED can't just GIVE them for free, if he wants to stay afloat himself. Craig has to buy the Pandoras from ED (though apparently he buys them for cost value, not retail value).

edit:

Don't say "I'm sure", unless you really are, or have some concrete info at hand. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see some movement on the pre-order queue, but let's not get too optimistic yet.

For reference:

The latest Craig's original pre-order shipment that I can find a record of is from the 8th of June, with 01/10/2008 at 21:11 as the original order date and time. The next known order is from 21:54, and apparently he (FuzzySocks) is still waiting. He's also been active Today, and he has also stated that he will certainly post when he gets his shipping mail and/or delivery.

That's three MONTHS ago. Well, there certainly is a time interval of 43 minutes between the two orders, but I doubt there are many, if any, extra orders between those.

And Craig is behind not only in classic pre-orders, but also some of the premium upgraders are still waiting. So he will have to fulfill quite a lot of those too, before continuing the classic pre-orders...

Also remember: ED and Craig have separate companies, ED can't just GIVE them for free, if he wants to stay afloat himself. Craig has to buy the Pandoras from ED (though apparently he buys them for cost value, not retail value).

ED IS giving classic units for free to Craig as that was a part of the plan. However, those units are going equally to ED/Craig, so ED's queue has gone down much faster. ED has stated that Craig can also buy additional units at cost.

After 4 years of waiting I have decided to cancel my preorder when I saw Craig's twitt about submitting KS. When this will start waiting time for Pandora from Craig will shift to eternity :/

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk 2

After 4 years of waiting I have decided to cancel my preorder when I saw Craig's twitt about submitting KS. When this will start waiting time for Pandora from Craig will shift to eternity :/

The Kickstarter is for the iControlPad 2, and it doesn't have anything to do with the Pandora. The Pandora pre-orders will continue to ship as quickly as new ones are sold, independent of whatever happens with the iCP2 project.

When it's so much work to look ahead, why waste the energy thinking about the dead weight left behind?

After getting this whole shebang up and running we've been abandoned, and now Craig is just waiting for us to realise it and cancel. Every one that does is one less bead of sweat wiped from his forehead and nothing more.

If I ever order from OpenPandora again there's really only one sensible choice (two if you count ithic.com).

I'm sure if Craig wanted us all to cancel, he'd just refund everyone.

As usual, nothing changes, wild speculation due to no updated information. Somehow I suspect neither of these things will ever stop. :/

Yeah I just wish Craig was a little more forth-coming with status updates, but the ICP kickstarter is probably taking up time. AFAIK Pandoras are still shipping, but it would be nice for everyone to hear Craig mention something on this.

I'm sure if Craig wanted us all to cancel, he'd just refund everyone.

As usual, nothing changes, wild speculation due to no updated information. Somehow I suspect neither of these things will ever stop. :/

Oh sure, of course. And mail in rebates... if they wanted to give us the discounts, they'd just make the instant and save us the hassle, right? No, of course not. He's hoping folks just let it go forever. It's very obvious no one gives two figs about the existing pre-orders. Otherwise I'd have gotten one email in the last three years telling me what's up instead of having to come here and hunt for it like a dog.

Oh sure, of course. And mail in rebates... if they wanted to give us the discounts, they'd just make the instant and save us the hassle, right? No, of course not. He's hoping folks just let it go forever. It's very obvious no one gives two figs about the existing pre-orders. Otherwise I'd have gotten one email in the last three years telling me what's up instead of having to come here and hunt for it like a dog.

Like a dog who participated in a transaction long ago and hasn't received it yet, and because of this has gone to conference with other dogs who participated in similar transactions to check up on how much longer it'll be before this dog's end of the deal is fulfilled? So, that sort of dog.

It's certainly disheartening to a degree when I see all these news posts about progress that ED has made, as I'd assumed for a while that it included information about Craig's orders. I mean, I'm not one to care all that much about how much longer of a wait I have, though having some sort of progress report or status from Craig would certainly ease up a great deal of this tension.

Granted, as I have no concept as to what may be happening on Craig's end, I have no idea how much free time he has on his hands, and neither do I know how large his e-mail backlog is. That aside, something like a breakdown of how many old preorders are left, and maybe even some general estimate of how the new purchases are coming in on his end would at least give us something to do with our concerns, as opposed to being unsure whether it's a good idea to cancel and reorder with ED, or whatever the case may be.

as opposed to being unsure whether it's a good idea to cancel and reorder with ED, or whatever the case may be.

I think both ED and Craigix have said that that's never a good idea, especially if you've been waiting a very long time already. Ordering from ED now would put you at the back of the line, regardless of how close to coming up you were in Craigix's que. But wait, this might be nonsense, because maybe that's only if you're an original preorderer who hasn't upgraded.

as opposed to being unsure whether it's a good idea to cancel and reorder with ED, or whatever the case may be.

I think both ED and Craigix have said that that's never a good idea, especially if you've been waiting a very long time already. Ordering from ED now would put you at the back of the line, regardless of how close to coming up you were in Craigix's que. But wait, this might be nonsense, because maybe that's only if you're an original preorderer who hasn't upgraded.

Back of the line? They are in stock in ED's shop.

Back of the line? They are in stock in ED's shop.

Oh yeah... good question then.

What question? ED has the rebirth edition in stock. You would only have to wait a bit, if you ordered the 1GHz from him now.

ED IS giving classic units for free to Craig as that was a part of the plan. However, those units are going equally to ED/Craig, so ED's queue has gone down much faster. ED has stated that Craig can also buy additional units at cost.

Yes, I also recall something about this being suggested, but it also being quite vague. ED could chime in and elaborate this a little further, is this really the case? How big quantities are we talking about and how often? And are you giving them completely free of charge?

Because the current understanding I have is that each seller's number of new sales and upgrades determines each one's speed of sending units to classic pre-orderers. Also, I understood that ED (or rather the investors' money) basically funds the manufacturing, and Craig buys all the units at cost value.

The Kickstarter is for the iControlPad 2, and it doesn't have anything to do with the Pandora. The Pandora pre-orders will continue to ship as quickly as new ones are sold, independent of whatever happens with the iCP2 project.

I think you didn't get it... PokeParadox explained that problem pretty well

Okay, sowhen you trade in the 1st batch for the 1GHz, does that mean you also get the 512MB of RAM instead of the 256MB? I am in constant communication with Mark over on ithic.com. Thanks again!

~Pandora Over Anything~

<--TripleC-->

Okay, sowhen you trade in the 1st batch for the 1GHz, does that mean you also get the 512MB of RAM instead of the 256MB? I am in constant communication with Mark over on ithic.com. Thanks again!

~Pandora Over Anything~

<--TripleC-->

Yes, when you trade in you get an entirely new unit.. The processor and ram are soldered on to the PC board so upgrading your old board would be near impossible to do. The 1st batch units that are collected from these trade-ins are being put in the new platinum cases with new LCD cables and being sold as refurbished classic units for a lower price.

Back