15th Preorder Confirmed?

CronoTriggerfan

Website
pixelstopolygons.com
I know it was hinted at by MWeston that we could possibly do a preorder for forum members and such on September 15th before the masses get the opportunity on the 30th. Is that going to happen? Only reason I ask is that it hasn't been mentioned in any article I read about Pandora's release date/preorder date. Anyone have any insight on this? I think there would be PLENTY of people here interested in doing something like this. :D

I think it's not announced to press because then everyone interested in preorder would just sign up to the forum...

But, But... The 15th is my Birthday. In all truth, no one is going to get it any sooner. We could all pre-order now but none will be shipped till they are done, mass produced and given the Cragix kiss of approval.

Sometime between the 15th and the 30th looks right.

We just need to establish some final mass production details before we can say 'yes, it's going to be exactly xx date'.

craigix said:

We just need to establish some final mass production details before we can say 'yes, it's going to be exactly xx date'.
I beg you to please keep the 15th as the preorder date, regardless of final release. I'm going on vacation on the 20th, and don't want to worry about where I'll be when preorders are finally taken. Heck, I'd preorder now.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:

Woohoo! And the boards go wild.

Actually, thanks for the update Craig, that is good news.

Thanks for the info Craigix. I was going to make a thread today to ask this very question. An early preorder would be handy, because me and others on this forum may not be around for the 'masses' preorder.

Thanks much for the info, Craig. I have my wallet at the ready for whenever it is that the pre-orders open (especially if this "early" one goes ahead). :D

craig,

are forum members going to be notified via a mass emailing? i don't want to miss the opportunity to get my preorder in as soon as they (preorders) start.

like another person mentioned above (their birthday), my birth date falls on Oct. 24, and i can't think of anything nicer to get myself than a Pandora preorder ;)

PolloLoco said:
I beg you to please keep the 15th as the preorder date, regardless of final release. I'm going on vacation on the 20th, and don't want to worry about where I'll be when preorders are finally taken. Heck, I'd preorder now.
As I've said many times before, just give your money and/or credit card to a trustworthy friend or family member if you're worried about not being around for pre-order. It's not that hard of a concept to come up with.

kneehighspy said:
are forum members going to be notified via a mass emailing? i don't want to miss the opportunity to get my preorder in as soon as they (preorders) start.
Go to http://www.openpandora.org/index.php and sign up for the newsletter. This has been said many, many, many, MANY times over.

craigix said:

So, uhh, I never did actually get around to buying a GP2X after registering a while back, mainly because of GPH's seemingly near-total inability to get with the program, but after reading the Slashdot story about the Wiz and finding out in the comments that the community was going to do it's own hardware, I'm totally on board.

CronoTriggerfan said:
Xisiqomelir, I think you're getting Wiz mixed up with Pandora... :lol:
No, I was just unclear in my reply, haha.

Elaborated, I read the Wiz story on /., dismissed it out of hand because

1) GPH is run by business-allergic aliens from the planet "Ignoreusers"
2) *2* Dpads? What the hell?

But then I dug into the comments, like I usually do for laughs, and there was this great comment about the community making it's own Open Handheld. I went to the openpandora site after that, and got linked back to the forum from there.

So, here I am, 2 years after doing not much but posting in DijiTao's GPL threads (oh boy those were fun, eh?), able to buy a Linux handheld with no GPH involved, and this solid community behind it. I'm very excited, and I'm also glad I only just found out because I would have died of anticipation anxiety if I'd been waiting since January like you guys :p

wow seeing all the delays of the past i expected to have more time to raise the money :p
well off to find a job that pays $200 for 2 weeks of work
anyone know of any good jobs for a tech centric 15 year old :)

Ashwin said:
wow seeing all the delays of the past i expected to have more time to raise the money :p
Hacks + CSS tournament.
I for one plan on selling my desktop to have enough money for a pandora.
Ah well.

Well, this is excellent news. In all honesty, if this whole news about preorder and release date hadn't been announced, I probably would have at least been mildly tempted by the somewhat ill-designed Wiz. Long live :pandora1: !

Ashwin said:
Check your local craigslist gigs.

Back