Yoyo Giving Up On Gp32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

"Nobody's gay for Moleman"
Website
www.brutallyhonestgaming.com
look at the first news post on http://www.pdarcade.com/

It now looks even more clear that we can expect nothing more from YoYo for the GP32. Its sad to think that his SNES emulator may never be finished. Maybe someone else can continue his work if he releases the source.

Anyway even though this looks grim for GP32 owners, I hope he ports his emulator to pocketPC as well.

bah
damn palms

he said he doubted that he would ever finish opensnes a while ago
and this is just proof that he wont

Yeah, it all started with him winning that fucking Zodiac in the coding compo. That was the beginning of the end of SNES emulation on the GP32 :angry:

That prize (Zodiac) I think was a big mistake. Couldn't he have given out a damn MP3 player or toaster or something? :(

Angel posted on Dec 23 2004 at 02:02 PM said:
Maybe someone else can continue his work if he releases the source.

OPENsnes has always been opensource, so there is nothing stoping anybody from updating it.

Get over it people, be thankful that we got what we got from yoyo ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Dec 23 2004 at 04:16 PM said:
Yeah, it all started with him winning that fucking Zodiac in the coding compo. That was the beginning of the end of SNES emulation on the GP32 :angry:

That prize (Zodiac) I think was a big mistake. Couldn't he have given out a damn MP3 player or toaster or something? :(

I think it was a good prize to be honest, he's given a hell of alot to the GP32 already and now the Zodiac owners have it.

DaveC posted on Dec 23 2004 at 03:16 PM said:

honestly, what more can you expect, afaik its pretty much hardware issues that are holding back further work on os9xgp.

ALSO

i'm pretty sure that petty comments like that rarely make a coder feel inclined to help out the gp32 community.

i'm not a coder, but couldn't whatever Cyclone core be used in the snes emu? The same thing Gigadrive and the genesis emus use? I'm pretty sure i remember reading that osnes9x does not use the core.

it can't use cyclone because that emulates something that snes doesn't have
plus it already has an asm core
and asm sound rendering
if someone just made asm sound mixing

craigix! why didn't you give him a toaster and call it a ps3? why, why why!!!!

edit: ooh! me have idea! why don't someone port ljz and add to that!

God forbid he work on something hes enjoying! Maybe he'll do some more gp32, or maybe hw won't.. but if you cop an attitude, he surely won't. Learn to code or learn to wait ;) (Consider me.. I'm busier than most people alive, but I still find time to get some GP32 updates out when I can.. GP32 CaSTaway is functionallty identical to Palm OS/Zodiac builds. I do GP32, Palm OS/Zodiac, Pocket PC, Symbian, Windows, Mac and Unix/Linux.. its not like you have to abandon one to work on another.. you spread your time around as you see fit!)

As to Cyclone.. Genesis/Megadrive and Atari ST and Amiga and X68000 and Palm originals all share the same CPU class.

jeff

Goity posted on Dec 23 2004 at 04:20 PM said:
edit: ooh! me have idea! why don't someone port ljz and add to that!

waste of time, its merely a port of the various emus we already have, but in a tidy package.

also if we had such a thing then there'd be little room left in the ram for roms!

Where does he say hes given up on the GP32?

You know with posts like some of these i'd not want to continue something.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

either that, or it'll make him remember he was in the middle of os9xgp and finish it! :lol:

yoyo wanted to dev to an other plateform then it's not the coding compo fault.
let coders make that they want to do. They are free to dev. no ?

The gp32 was not so powerfull for yoyo i think.. ^^

what the hell was so bad about my post that per Craig, it would make him not want to continue work now, or Takers never learn.

I was just passing on something I found on a palm site. I have a palm so it makes no difference to me if he doesn't do anything for the GP32 anymore. I just thought it was interesting that he has moved to work on Palms now. And can anybody truely tell me they think that yoyo HASN"T abandoned the GP32?

All i'm saying, even if he has or hasn't abondoned the GP32, it would be nice to at least drop in and say hi.

Angel posted on Dec 23 2004 at 05:26 PM said:
what the hell was so bad about my post that per Craig, it would make him not want to continue work now, or Takers never learn.

I was just passing on something I found on a palm site. I have a palm so it makes no difference to me if he doesn't do anything for the GP32 anymore. I just thought it was interesting that he has moved to work on Palms now. And can anybody truely tell me they think that yoyo HASN"T abandoned the GP32?

All i'm saying, even if he has or hasn't abondoned the GP32, it would be nice to at least drop in and say hi.

You jump to conclusions. Wheres the proof that he said he abandoned the Gp32? When he released LJZ for the Zodiac he released a newer version of OpenSnes. He hasn't updated LJZ in a while, does that mean he abandoned it? In your post you showed no appreciation for his work.

The question isn't can anybody truly say that he hasn't abandoned the Gp32, its can anybody say he did abandon the Gp32. <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back