Your pandora has been shipped

Seems kinda strange (to me) that with 2200 units produced, they've not managed to get to the 1000th queue position. Must be alot of multiple orders/rma's/premiums/ed's store or something.

Oh well... maybe someday they'll get to 1500 (I think I'm 1350-1450) and I can get mine. :)

There are different queues, yes, and we had about 300 - 400 broken boards which need to be fixed (mostly because of broken nubs) as well, so these have not been shipped to new customers yet.

Those boards leave to CC this week and will hopefully be fixed pretty fast (fixing should definately be faster than producing ;) )

There are different queues, yes, and we had about 300 - 400 broken boards which need to be fixed (mostly because of broken nubs) as well, so these have not been shipped to new customers yet.

Those boards leave to CC this week and will hopefully be fixed pretty fast (fixing should definately be faster than producing ;) )

Arrgh..

One of "those" WORDS again, every time i hear a team statement/update lately that contains one of the dreaded blasphemous utterances - hopefully, should, if, expecting etc.. i break out in a cold sweat.

I hereby propose an embargo on all future use of similar words/phrases in team posts (just make some words up guys, we will know what you mean) think of it like George Carlin's seven words you can't say on TV routine, only applied here on the boards.

I love all you guys really, just needed to depressurize a little..

Last edited by a moderator:

Arrgh..

One of "those" WORDS again, every time i hear a team statement/update lately that contains one of the dreaded blasphemous utterances - hopefully, should, if, expecting etc.. i break out in a cold sweat.

I hereby propose an embargo on all future use of similar words/phrases in team posts (just make some words up guys, we will know what you mean) think of it like George Carlin's seven words you can't say on TV routine, only applied here on the boards.

;) I wish I could wouldn't have to use those words... but with those things, nobody can give precise dates.

Big companies sipmly have a way bigger stock so you don't care about how long they need to fix broken stuff. Also, they just add a few weeks of safety time. So I could say fixing the boards will be done in 3 months, as that would be enough time to ENSURE they will be fixed.

It's awkward if you are just such a small company trying to handle such a big project.

Seems kinda strange (to me) that with 2200 units produced, they've not managed to get to the 1000th queue position. Must be alot of multiple orders/rma's/premiums/ed's store or something.

Oh well... maybe someday they'll get to 1500 (I think I'm 1350-1450) and I can get mine. :)

But how does it work?

Theres two different que's, but i suppose that both que's dont go up to 4000?, cause then 8000 units would have to be produced.

I myself am somewhere in the 3200 range, (order date: april 2009, ordered trough email with Jacky).

So is one que shorter then the other?, how long are both que's?

Arrgh..

;) I wish I could wouldn't have to use those words... but with those things, nobody can give precise dates.

Big companies sipmly have a way bigger stock so you don't care about how long they need to fix broken stuff. Also, they just add a few weeks of safety time. So I could say fixing the boards will be done in 3 months, as that would be enough time to ENSURE they will be fixed.

It's awkward if you are just such a small company trying to handle such a big project.

Of course i appreciate all that Mr Dragon, and i do understand that whatever frustrations those of us still waiting have they must be x2 for you guys.. i suppose i was just trying to alleviate some of the frustration here.. especially since i'm not allowed to kick the cat anymore!

I've never had a direct explanation as to why EvilD's queue is nearly finished and Craig's is barely started, are you guys planning on finishing EvilD's queue first or how is all of this being decided (what pandora goes to whose queue)?

I've never had a direct explanation as to why EvilD's queue is nearly finished and Craig's is barely started, are you guys planning on finishing EvilD's queue first or how is all of this being decided (what pandora goes to whose queue)?

Ed's Q is not finished at all I can assure you seen I still don't have my panda (day 2 order).

AFAIK Ed had about 1/4 of the orders and get's 1/4 of the parts... seams fair to me, no?

Ed's Q is not finished at all I can assure you seen I still don't have my panda (day 2 order).

AFAIK Ed had about 1/4 of the orders and get's 1/4 of the parts... seams fair to me, no?

That's exactly the case. I just started delivering orders from Day 2 yesterday :)

That's exactly the case. I just started delivering orders from Day 2 yesterday :)

You can probably assume that when I'll get my Pandora, ED's queue for batch 1 will be finished or near the end.

And I'm still waiting right now.
wink.gif

Got it!!! I'm typing this on my Pandora at this moment. Keyboard is great! I need to practice to get faster though. I'm even using all my plug-ins from fire fox, I used FEBE to move everything from my desktop to here!

I'll be making that video review in a few days, if I made it right now it would be quite a list of what doesn't work. In a few hours I've figured out quite a few things though so I'm sure that list will be very small if non-existent!

I am loving this keyboard though!

awesome!! im typing this from my pandora too, only thing i dislike about the keyboard is the del keys possition, this key is my friend. we like to be close, about the ques, maybe an estimate on number in each que would do wonders. also once eds que is finished it will be craigs all the way?

Just got mine!!!! Thank God our local Postal Office here in the States let me pick it after 5:00pm! Phew! Would have been a long night.

I'm still typing on my Macbook Air though. The Pandora is on my counter charging at the moment. Tried flashing to Hotfix 5, but for some reason when I try booting up and holding down the Right trigger button, I don't get the option to boot from the SD card. Hmmm..

THANKS OPENPANDORA FOR SHIPPING ME THE PREMIUM PANDORA AS YOU ADVERTISE. I live in Ohio, U.S.A. Not too bad on delivery - The unit shipped from Craig's shop on March 7th and I received it today (March 17th) using standard Postal Airmail.

So much to do and learn. Gotto go! Excitement!!!!

193558_1846242885449_1521973954_1960837_6455696_o.jpg

I'm still typing on my Macbook Air though. The Pandora is on my counter charging at the moment. Tried flashing to Hotfix 5, but for some reason when I try booting up and holding down the Right trigger button, I don't get the option to boot from the SD card. Hmmm..

That happens if it doesn't properly find the card.

Either format it with Panasonic SD Formatter (normally works) or try a different card.

Got mine yesterday and spent far too much time at work playing with it today!

It's fantastic, just fantastic!

I had a couple of niggles (case at the rear was a bit loose and the right hand sd card slot wouldn't eject at first) but they were solved with the keyboard test utility and a screwdriver and just perseverance for the SD card!

It took me some time to move things around on the sd cards to get things working, but I've been playing mame, zxpandy, uae4all, picodrive and scummvm (no sound ATM on that, but I'm sure I'll get there) nothing is really "plug and play" but when you try a few things out and get stuff working, it's really rewarding because what you end up with is a pocket full of fantastic games and memories.

I'm at the start of a very interesting journey here I can tell. :)

I might try Debian latter on, I think it would be easier to install most things from their repositories if the OS is running from a SD card. I'm not sure how many ARM packages are on there though but I might as well try. I wish the Gentoo Pandora project was farther along, I can't find anywhere on the Neuvoo wiki on how to run PNDs.

All the PNDs I've tried run great though, I'd just like to install from repositories that are more up to date than what Ångström's are.

Just got mine!!!! Thank God our local Postal Office here in the States let me pick it after 5:00pm! Phew! Would have been a long night.

THANKS OPENPANDORA FOR SHIPPING ME THE PREMIUM PANDORA AS YOU ADVERTISE. I live in Ohio, U.S.A. Not too bad on delivery - The unit shipped from Craig's shop on March 7th and I received it today (March 17th) using standard Postal Airmail.

Being in Akron, that makes me happy to see how long it took to ship. Mine will take 3-4 weeks now, just due to my luck. When that wait will start is anyone's guess, but still hanging in. (tougher now as today my laptop BIOS upgrade failed half way through and now I have to see if I can pull a recovery miracle.)

That happens if it doesn't properly find the card.

Either format it with Panasonic SD Formatter (normally works) or try a different card.

Thank you so much EvilDragon! That did it. Used the Panasonic SD Formatter and wuh-la!

And, thank you (and the OP Team) for such a cool device! This thing is perhaps limitless on what you can do with it.

Being in Akron, that makes me happy to see how long it took to ship. Mine will take 3-4 weeks now, just due to my luck. When that wait will start is anyone's guess, but still hanging in. (tougher now as today my laptop BIOS upgrade failed half way through and now I have to see if I can pull a recovery miracle.)

Well "Hi" neighbor! I'm in Stow. You will love this thing.

Sorry to hear about the BIOS upgrade on your laptop. That sucks. :(

Back