Your pandora has been shipped

Just got mine!!!! Thank God our local Postal Office here in the States let me pick it after 5:00pm! Phew! Would have been a long night.

I'm still typing on my Macbook Air though. The Pandora is on my counter charging at the moment. Tried flashing to Hotfix 5, but for some reason when I try booting up and holding down the Right trigger button, I don't get the option to boot from the SD card. Hmmm..

THANKS OPENPANDORA FOR SHIPPING ME THE PREMIUM PANDORA AS YOU ADVERTISE. I live in Ohio, U.S.A. Not too bad on delivery - The unit shipped from Craig's shop on March 7th and I received it today (March 17th) using standard Postal Airmail.

So much to do and learn. Gotto go! Excitement!!!!
Being in Akron, that makes me happy to see how long it took to ship. Mine will take 3-4 weeks now, just due to my luck. When that wait will start is anyone's guess, but still hanging in. (tougher now as today my laptop BIOS upgrade failed half way through and now I have to see if I can pull a recovery miracle.)

I have had to recover a bad motherboard flash before, You need another motherboard of the exact same type. Remove the BIOS chip from the socket on the the good motherboard, and replace the bad one with it.

Then boot up the computer from FDD into DOS and while the computer is live replace the BIOS chip carefully and reinstall the bad BIOS, then from DOS run the CMOS EPROM update and if flash was successful you have 2 working BIOS chips.

You obviously need another board of the same model, but who knows, maybe you can get your hands on one. I have personally done this a few times. It was fun to try too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine yesterday and spent far too much time at work playing with it today!

It's fantastic, just fantastic!

I had a couple of niggles (case at the rear was a bit loose and the right hand sd card slot wouldn't eject at first) but they were solved with the keyboard test utility and a screwdriver and just perseverance for the SD card!

It took me some time to move things around on the sd cards to get things working, but I've been playing mame, zxpandy, uae4all, picodrive and scummvm (no sound ATM on that, but I'm sure I'll get there) nothing is really "plug and play" but when you try a few things out and get stuff working, it's really rewarding because what you end up with is a pocket full of fantastic games and memories.

I'm at the start of a very interesting journey here I can tell. :)

I hope you didn't make the back too tight, it's supposed to have a slight gap or you might find you get issues later on.

I hope you didn't make the back too tight, it's supposed to have a slight gap or you might find you get issues later on.
Cheers for the warninig Craig, but no, just enough to stopthe case creaking when I moved the screen back and forth. There's still a gap, just not as big. :)

my pandora came in finally! was kind of an ordeal and 1/17 to 2/8 is kind of a long time to be in shipping if you ask me.

anyway. will post review later.

what about your review please?

upgraded my pandora order to the premium on 3/9. now just waiting for my shipping notice email. Jacquelyn has been most helpful over the last few years and she always replies back when emailed, very good lady there craig, i know she's been there for 11yrs, so don't let her go anywhere :)

You obviously need another board of the same model, but who knows, maybe you can get your hands on one. I have personally done this a few times. It was fun to try too!
My BIOS blew up a few years back. Got a new chip online. A google should turn up somewhere that will send a new one e.g. (first one I found) http://bios-repair.co.uk/

Cool thats very good to know, was the BIOS chip pre flashed? My way sounds more fun though. How the hell did you burn the chip out? :p

My BIOS blew up a few years back. Got a new chip online. A google should turn up somewhere that will send a new one e.g. (first one I found) http://bios-repair.co.uk/

Cool thats very good to know, was the BIOS chip pre flashed? My way sounds more fun though. How the hell did you burn the chip out? :p
Yep. I screwed the chip using "The very latest in flashing your BIOS technology. No need to shutdown windows, our patented program will download and flash the BIOS right from your desktop." Yeah, flashed it down the sink.

Yep. I screwed the chip using "The very latest in flashing your BIOS technology. No need to shutdown windows, our patented program will download and flash the BIOS right from your desktop." Yeah, flashed it down the sink.

You sure it burned out? I never trusted those GUI's although I have used them before. I don't like flashing things in general. The Pandora is the first device I'v not needed to worry. I had a Dual BIOS Gigabyte motherboard that apparently was protected against a bad flash too.

Does anyone know what we're currently waiting for? I haven't seen many people except premiums posting in this thread for ages.

is pure mathematics

imagine they produce 100 in a week

25 go to ed

75 for Craigix's equeue

Craigix sell X premiums being X < 75, the rest go to people that have wait 2 years and a half.

if it is 20 premiums per week, (if u check the forums, is not a big number), it is 55 pandoras that go to people that have wait and paid 2 years and a half ago.

that is, 55% of the production go to people in the Craigix queue, that is more or less, that when they send the pandora that should go to the last one in the batch 2, it will go to the last one in batch 1.

And still, we need to say thx to this people that jump the queue, cause without them, it will go slower.(if they are telling the truth,cause i think all this was cause they didnt have money to end this at all) (and without us, it will never exits, and one time more, 1€ two years ago and a half, is much more than 1€ nowdays.)

Also remember that those that buy the premium are people that are more likely to be people from around here already, so likely to post saying they got it. Nearly 8000 pre-orders sold and there's, what, 20 regular posters, and another couple dozen irregular posters? Let's say 60 people total that post with some consistency around here. That's a very low percentage, so unless people are signing up just to say they got their Pandora (which a few have, but not many) logic says we should see a lot more premium-get posts than preorder-get.

I've seen one person in this thread in the 1000s of the queue get their email, which is disheartening because I was supposed to be 850-950 :/. I know the queue isn't entirely accurate, but it's still really frustrating. Makes me wonder also what "quite a few" is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen one person in this thread in the 1000s of the queue get their email, which is disheartening because I was supposed to be 850-950 :/. I know the queue isn't entirely accurate, but it's still really frustrating. Makes me wonder also what "quite a few" is.

I've seen one post from someone in the 850-950 range receiving theirs. I haven't seen any in the 1000s that wasn't a bump up to Premium order.

Personally I'm thrilled to see any signs of First Batch non-premium orders shipping - it yields hope anyway.

Do you have a link to the post from the person in the 1000s? I wasn't able to find it - but there is a lot of material here.

People do tend to post up more, "I'm frustrated and feel skipped over," rather than, "I got my shipping notice / Pandora."

Relax - if you're in the 850-950 range then you're likely in the cusp of the units being built now or in the next week. If you start to see stuff from people in the 1200s - more than one - then you might want to contact OPL and find out whats up.

See all of the replies To Secondary.Exodus above.

We have been shipping quite a few, but hardly anyone posts here. They tend only to post if they have a fault/issue.

"quite a few" would be...? Round numbers would be fine, but we'd all like to know how things are going.

Ship me mine and I'll post up - of course a lot of people would freak out since I'm somewhere in the 1200s.

Would you be able to tell us something like, "We shipped out roughly X Pandora consoles (yesterday? last week?). Still going strong."

Or maybe, "We are now building units for purchases between 20:00 30/9/2008 and 01:00 1/10/2008. If your order was from before then, please contact us at ..."

Something like that could help cut down on the, "Someone got theirs first and I'm worried," posts.

We have been shipping quite a few, but hardly anyone posts here. They tend only to post if they have a fault/issue.
Ship out a few empty boxes then ;)

Even from the first day orders, I guessed we only got about 1% of shipping emails reported here, which is quite surprising given how vocal the people who actually post here are!

Just did a search for members who have posted since december and have more than 50 posts and there are only 160 of them, which when we are talking about 3800~pre-orders isnt alot of pre-orderers who will be posting when they get them

just got mine this morning, could have gotten it 3/18/11 but I didn't make it to the post in time and was out of town all weekend. Package left Germany 3/2/11 and made it to the US 16 days later.

first impression, everything works, no flaws that shouldn't be there. No bow in the bezel, no cracks, every piece of hardware tested out good and funcitonal. A "perfect unit" if you will. Played some snes, nes, sega, gameboy, n64 real quick via a pre-setup sd card. No tweaking done to any ingame settings... and I'm very impressed so far with the performance of the emulators. I don't feel the same for the interfaces of them and some other stuff. I will write up a full review after some more deep thought and testing.

Was it worth the 2+ year wait? I donno... probably not... but I'm extremely happy and satisfied on my purchase all things considered.

I'm very happy, thank you ED!

Back