Your pandora has been shipped

Holy crap! I just my shipping confirmation about an hour ago!!!! I am in 950 - 1050 range of Craig's queue (ordered on the 1st of October at 8:37 CET).

CET is GMT+1, so you got your order confirmation at 7:37 GMT? I got mine at 3:00 GMT so I think your time is screwed up or I made a mistake. Mine should have shipped before you.

GRR, I hate time zones.

EDIT: This could mean that today I might get my e-mail though, I remember once someone on here freaked out because of this and it was apparently just that the e-mails were not sent out in order as he soon after got his e-mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap! I just my shipping confirmation about an hour ago!!!! I am in 950 - 1050 range of Craig's queue (ordered on the 1st of October at 8:37 CET).
I'm 900-1000, and ordered at 07:14 - I'm in the UK. :unsure:

No email. (and obviously no Pandora either).

I'm thinking fettouhi must be wrong somehow because I got my confirmation at 3 AM UK time so mine should have shipped also. I'm debating e-mailing the OP team right now, don't know what the whole story is.

Got mine this afternoon...my hands were shaking like mad.

Couple issues: lid bezel, L button clicks a little different, and not all four gamepad (a b x y) buttons are quite equal springyness...other than that though, it seems pretty solid. I need to get used to the nubs though.

Well, I shot off an e-mail just to be sure. If they did accidentally skip over me I would want mine to ship asap, I gave them about a day and no e-mail so I don't feel that I'm harassing them.

I emailed OP last week to ask when mine would ship - Was told "within 2 weeks) - I am 1400-1500 on the list - So go figure !! - I have waited over 2 years, so another few weeks wont kill me. I really want that e-mail though

CET is GMT+1, so you got your order confirmation at 7:37 GMT? I got mine at 3:00 GMT so I think your time is screwed up or I made a mistake. Mine should have shipped before you.

GRR, I hate time zones.

EDIT: This could mean that today I might get my e-mail though, I remember once someone on here freaked out because of this and it was apparently just that the e-mails were not sent out in order as he soon after got his e-mail.

No it is correct 8:37 CET was my order time.

GRR, I hate time zones.

No it is correct 8:37 CET was my order time.
But CET time is GMT+1? So it would have been 7:37 GMT? Mine was at around 3:00 GMT and mine has not shipped as far as I know. So my order beat yours by 4 and a half hours.

Anyway, I sent an e-mail asking if they skipped over mine by mistake.

I think you all may be applying far more precision to the ordering than actually exists. Don't split hours.

It could be that they are addressing orders within a time block or unit quantity block, not by the hour. So, they may be working a time block that would include you, but others within that time block may get one faster.

Picture it like this. If they're open up all of the orders for a 6 hour or 200 Pandora orders block and not sorting the resulting query on time, the orders within that block would not necessarily be sorted to the hour/minute.

I'd give it 6-7 days to see if the above is the case - you might still be on what gets shipped out this week or next (this block of units).

I've had my Pandora for a week or so now. Yes, I sprung for the fast get it now option. What my wife doesn't know won't hurt. ;)

So far I love it. I have not been this excited for playing with emulation and tinkering with old games in years. Emulation and I go way way back. I've been following emulation since the first releases of Nesticle.

I think you all may be applying far more precision to the ordering than actually exists. Don't split hours.

It could be that they are addressing orders within a time block or unit quantity block, not by the hour. So, they may be working a time block that would include you, but others within that time block may get one faster.

Picture it like this. If they're open up all of the orders for a 6 hour or 200 Pandora orders block and not sorting the resulting query on time, the orders within that block would not necessarily be sorted to the hour/minute.

I'd give it 6-7 days to see if the above is the case - you might still be on what gets shipped out this week or next (this block of units).
So I ordered 4 and a half hours before him and I have since waited at least 2 days longer for mine to ship and you think it is ok waiting a week or more just because they ship out in blocks? They have our order numbers I bet they are assigned in some sort of order so I doubt they just ship in blocks and the orders in those blocks are randomly sent out. I bet it is a lot more likely that I was skipped over than them not sending units out in order.

So, you think I should wait a week, a week when I was 4 and a half hours in front of him, before I contact the OP team? Then after a week if it still hasn't shipped should I wait any longer? I think this is why no one likes UPS, they F*@& up and you guys never say anything. UPS has been great for me because I complain and they fix their mistakes in my packages.

I emailed OP last week to ask when mine would ship - Was told "within 2 weeks) - I am 1400-1500 on the list - So go figure !! - I have waited over 2 years, so another few weeks wont kill me. I really want that e-mail though
Which email address did you email? I tried openpandorasales@gmail.com a month ago and haven't had a reply yet...

So I ordered 4 and a half hours before him and I have since waited at least 2 days longer for mine to ship and you think it is ok waiting a week or more just because they ship out in blocks? They have our order numbers I bet they are assigned in some sort of order so I doubt they just ship in blocks and the orders in those blocks are randomly sent out. I bet it is a lot more likely that I was skipped over than them not sending units out in order.

So, you think I should wait a week, a week when I was 4 and a half hours in front of him, before I contact the OP team? Then after a week if it still hasn't shipped should I wait any longer? I think this is why no one likes UPS, they F*@& up and you guys never say anything. UPS has been great for me because I complain and they fix their mistakes in my packages.

What I'm saying is that there may be another explanation. Have you scoured/searched your spam folder?

Are we 100% certain that the other poster got their order and confirmation times right?

There have been -no- other reports of one shipping. It's not like you're being passed en-mass by a flood of other orders. Having one go out from what should be farther in the stack could simply be a fluke. If there were a half dozen people past you in ordering reporting up, that would be different. Going off the handle for sake of one posting where there is no way to confirm the claim or that there would be receipt of a unit seems a bit over the top.

I could post up that I'd received my order in the 1250 range - it would be a lie and counter productive, but nobody here would have any way to validate it. Note: I am not calling the poster a liar - I am merely dreaming up scenarios that -could- have occurred.

Frankly 5-7 days at the end of 2+ years seems like a minor thing to get jealous of and mad about. I want mine sooner than later too - we all do. Getting freaked out about 100 queue positions when they're building a few hundred at once seems a bit silly though.

If what CraigIX said above is true, we'll see a pile of shipping notifications coming out soon.

What I'm saying is that there may be another explanation. Have you scoured/searched your spam folder?

Are we 100% certain that the other poster got their order and confirmation times right?

There have been -no- other reports of one shipping. It's not like you're being passed en-mass by a flood of other orders. Having one go out from what should be farther in the stack could simply be a fluke. If there were a half dozen people past you in ordering reporting up, that would be different. Going off the handle for sake of one posting where there is no way to confirm the claim or that there would be receipt of a unit seems a bit over the top.

I could post up that I'd received my order in the 1250 range - it would be a lie and counter productive, but nobody here would have any way to validate it. Note: I am not calling the poster a liar - I am merely dreaming up scenarios that -could- have occurred.

Frankly 5-7 days at the end of 2+ years seems like a minor thing to get jealous of and mad about. I want mine sooner than later too - we all do. Getting freaked out about 100 queue positions when they're building a few hundred at once seems a bit silly though.

If what CraigIX said above is true, we'll see a pile of shipping notifications coming out soon.
I'm actually really calm about it I just didn't think there was any problem sending an e-mail, I waited a whole day before I sent one. I just feel that I pre-ordered when the Pandora didn't even exist yet so I'm thinking it is ok to send an e-mail. No reply yet but I'm not really worried about it.

fettouhi did confirm it, or his order time anyway. Eh, I'll just wait it out, if they did accidentally skip over me they have my e-mail in their in box, not much more I can do. I did call them over skype once, or their bank, I think it was their back when I was setting up the money transfer not the Pandora team. It seems a little extreme to call anyone though.

IT SHIPPED!!! Well, it hasn't yet, it will be dispatched on Monday. I got UPS shipping so I hope it gets here by Friday. Ok, so no one has to ask here is my queue position and my confirmation date and time:

850 - 950

Wed, 1 Oct 2008 03:05:23 Pandora time(um, where my Pandora was born i.e. the UK)

Wow, so we're in day two of the queue now. 3 hours into the second day. Strangely I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be, maybe it hasn't sunk in yet. Maybe I won't believe it until it is in my hands.

So I'm planning on doing a video review and posting it on youtube, got the tripod and everything.

Wow, it is actually coming. . .

Nice one second exodous. It's good to see another active board member getting the email of joy. :D

As for not being as excited as you thought you would be, just let me say that the more I use my Pandora the more wow moments I have and the more excited I get. It just gets better and better. I haven't touched my laptop in days.

IT SHIPPED!!! Well, it hasn't yet, it will be dispatched on Monday. I got UPS shipping so I hope it gets here by Friday. Ok, so no one has to ask here is my queue position and my confirmation date and time:
UPS is amazing as long as customs doesn't flag you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back