Your pandora has been shipped

Was it worth the 2+ year wait? I donno... probably not... but I'm extremely happy and satisfied on my purchase all things considered.

I'm very happy, thank you ED!

Well... from your .sig... you've got a pally... and an ally pally at that... so your opinion is probably suspect, anyway. :D

*sorry.. couldn't resist*. FTH!

cb

Just got mine!!!! Thank God our local Postal Office here in the States let me pick it after 5:00pm! Phew! Would have been a long night.

I'm still typing on my Macbook Air though. The Pandora is on my counter charging at the moment. Tried flashing to Hotfix 5, but for some reason when I try booting up and holding down the Right trigger button, I don't get the option to boot from the SD card. Hmmm..

THANKS OPENPANDORA FOR SHIPPING ME THE PREMIUM PANDORA AS YOU ADVERTISE. I live in Ohio, U.S.A. Not too bad on delivery - The unit shipped from Craig's shop on March 7th and I received it today (March 17th) using standard Postal Airmail.

So much to do and learn. Gotto go! Excitement!!!!
Being in Akron, that makes me happy to see how long it took to ship. Mine will take 3-4 weeks now, just due to my luck. When that wait will start is anyone's guess, but still hanging in. (tougher now as today my laptop BIOS upgrade failed half way through and now I have to see if I can pull a recovery miracle.)

I have had to recover a bad motherboard flash before, You need another motherboard of the exact same type. Remove the BIOS chip from the socket on the the good motherboard, and replace the bad one with it.

Then boot up the computer from FDD into DOS and while the computer is live replace the BIOS chip carefully and reinstall the bad BIOS, then from DOS run the CMOS EPROM update and if flash was successful you have 2 working BIOS chips.

You obviously need another board of the same model, but who knows, maybe you can get your hands on one. I have personally done this a few times. It was fun to try too!
Thanks for the tip, but it won't be of use sadly, it's a laptop and the bios is soldered on. All attempts at recovery have failed. I'm afraid it's a brick, but I'm not devastated although bummed as I loved that computer, but seeing as I had to do some strange things even shorting out the mobo at one point to resurrect it, it should have never worked at all so I got about 6 mos free usage out of it despite random blue screens here and there. Thought about buying a new chip but as they said in the support forum that gave the recovery instructions, $25 for the chip, $40,000 for the machine to solder it to the board. Easy come, easy go. There's a few more tricks I can try someday, might work, though unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeeehaw! Day 2 orderer and I am now holding a beautiful Pandora!

Mine was not an upgrade. My queue number was between 950 and 1050. I ordered Oct. 2, 2008 at 5:15 am GMT. However when I heard last week that mine was ready to ship, I paid extra for UPS 'cause my original order was airmail and I just couldn't handle more waiting.

I can't get over how CUTE this little device is. It's like someone took a ray-gun to my laptop and shrunk it down.

Can't wait to dive in!

MacGuyver

Hello ! My Pandora have just been send this morning to France ! I'm too happy ! Hope I'll have it soon ;) Thanks to all the creators of this machine :)

Hello ! My Pandora have just been send this morning to France ! I'm too happy ! Hope I'll have it soon ;) Thanks to all the creators of this machine :)
Lucky for you, but can you post your order info (date and time, premium or not).

Sorry ! :( I was in a hurry and didn't have time to post it : so it was a premium one, my order was made the 14th of march and it was send this morning. :)

well i upgraded my pandora order to premium on 3/9/11 and got my shipping email today 3/22/11 and the delivery date is showing 3/24/11 (this thursday) yay me. after these last few years, i'll finally have my pandora, shipped to me here in the u.s. from the u.k. in just two days. way to go guys, thanks to craig, Jacquelyn and the rest of the crew. i have my dual 32gb sd cards ready to go for thursday. i'm sorta giddy like i was when i was waiting for my daughter to be born. my wife and daughter were glad to hear my pandora finally shipped so i will shutup about when i'll finally get it.

They receive my payment on 16th, tracking # sent on 22nd, and shipped on 23rd. So 7 days as promised.

Expecting my Pandora today. I went with one of the "7 day" options after humming and harring since day one.

My 7th day was yesterday and up untill then I hadn't heard a thing. Then yesterday morning I received emails from both Jacquelyn and Google checkout.

Jacquelyn was sincerely apologetic but I know the guys are busy and I know they provide an excellent service for such a small company....anyway, it was an honor to receive an email from her, she's become a legend on these forums and can't be thanked enough for all her hard work!

Anyway, will post again one received.

Oh ! I didn't received an email from Jacquelyn ! I'm jealous lol ;) (I'm joking! Even if I would have been very glad to recieve it bit I don't doubt she is VERY busy when I see all the "shipping mails" ;) )

Me It was 8 days but doesn't matter ! Tomorrow I'll have the graal delivered at my home ^^

kneehighspy : Only two days from UK to US ? "Speedy Gonzales" ^^ And so I'll be very disapointed if I can't receive it in two days in France ;)

Yeeehaw! Day 2 orderer and I am now holding a beautiful Pandora!

Mine was not an upgrade. My queue number was between 950 and 1050. I ordered Oct. 2, 2008 at 5:15 am GMT. However when I heard last week that mine was ready to ship, I paid extra for UPS 'cause my original order was airmail and I just couldn't handle more waiting.

I can't get over how CUTE this little device is. It's like someone took a ray-gun to my laptop and shrunk it down.

Can't wait to dive in!

MacGuyver

Hi all,

First at all, Hello to all Pandora World inhabitants !!

I have been following this forum for a while but never registered until now.

I am a 2 day order as well:

- Confirmation email received from openpandorasales@gmail.com (Craig's list isn't it ?)

2nd of Oct 2008, at 2h15 AM GMT +1 ...

And so far I haven't received any email from our beloved Jacquelyn (I am jalous man :p ).

My order number is [removed].

MacGuyver, could you post your order number so we can compare (if hopefully they are following each other).

The strange thing is that OP team reported that I was on the 1300-1400 range (I know this was just an approximation, but what a gap isn't ?). Could it be that during the refund/reorder stage that I lost my place on the queue? (would be strange because Jacquelyn confirmed me that she was able to make my reorder matched with the original order).

I guess we are getting closer and closer and closer, but .. I guess that I should have received something already if I am not wrong....

Anyone with any idea? Is there any other 2nd order that would have placed an order before MacGuyver and that haven't received notification (Don't want to bother Jacquelyn with this)?

ED, Craig, Jacquelyn and all folks from OP and dear active community members, keep doing an excellent job !!

PS: Guys, we all heard about Jacquelyn. Can it be possible to get a picture from here :p !! Yep, she is a legend !! (Let's be crazy .. A picture of Jacquelyn with a lot of Pandis all around !!)

Indeed, let's be fool and imagine that I receive an email ...today .. lol lol :)

Regards

- PandoraLover -

Order numbers don't mean much anymore. And if you pay an extra $150, you can upgrade to a Premium and have it shipped in 7 days.

We have been shipping quite a few, but hardly anyone posts here. They tend only to post if they have a fault/issue.
So they're being built and shipped out to regular customers at the moment? Do you know how many you've shipped out lately?

Order numbers don't mean much anymore. And if you pay an extra $150, you can upgrade to a Premium and have it shipped in 7 days.

Hi Blue Protoman.

Maybe that Order number is not that relevant, but email notification should be isn'it ? ..

And really, no way I am gonna pay an extra $150 .. I am broken bro :p .

But nevertheless sir, still it don't understand why I haven receveid news yet, and going premium is not gonna give me answers :p

- PandoraLover -

Going Premium won't give you answers, it'll remove your need for them.

Anyway, yes, e-mail notification probably is, but more and more people are upgrading. If you're broke, though, I can understand.

And REMOVE YOUR ORDER NUMBER! Do NOT make it public!

I'd edit that order number out if I were you :) . Someone might reroute your pandora :p

Going Premium won't give you answers, it'll remove your need for them.

Anyway, yes, e-mail notification probably is, but more and more people are upgrading. If you're broke, though, I can understand.

And REMOVE YOUR ORDER NUMBER! Do NOT make it public!

Yep, something I was not paying attention about ... (I saw someone posting his at some point and get this compared with an other guy which was 1 order number or 2 just after .. so I was thinking it could help me to locate my relative position to him .... but yeah let's consider that this was a potentially bad move).

Anyway Blue Protoman, don't shout at me please :p (Uppercasing)

@B-ZaR : Thanks for removing this :p

Let's wait any non-premium, 2nd day order 's feedback, in the same situation.

- PandoraLover -

B-Zar didn't remove it, Gruso did. He and EvilDragon are the only moderators on this site.

And I was shouting not because I'm pissed but because it's an urgent matter; would you want something you waited two years for shipped to somebody else?

Back