"your Pandora Has Been Shipped"

Yes!!!! Just got my notice. I was 650-750 in the queue.
I'm a U.S. buyer, standard mail. Any other U.S. buyers that have a sense of how long shipping takes? Or anything I should know about customs?

Night Wind said:
I'm a U.S. buyer, standard mail. Any other U.S. buyers that have a sense of how long shipping takes? Or anything I should know about customs?
Standard shipping to the US takes about 2 weeks on average from the UK. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Customs just has to clear the item, and that normally takes 24-48hrs, unless they find some reason to check into the shipment(which can cause delays). That is very rare, and often times doesn't happen with small deliveries. So sit back, and prop your feet up, It's going to be a Looooooong 2 week wait. :lol:

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpman said:
Night Wind said:
Standard shipping to the US takes about 2 weeks on average from the UK. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Customs just has to clear the item, and that normally takes 24-48hrs, unless they find some reason to check into the shipment(which can cause delays). That is very rare, and often times doesn't happen with small deliveries. So sit back, and prop your feet up, It's going to be a Looooooong 2 week wait. :lol:

Chris

That's about what I thought. Well, alright. Here goes. Thanks for the info :)

I just got my email too! I am in postion 600-700, so those of you who are around this number I guess it shoudn't take much longer. :D

So I'm not the only one waiting impatiently for the mail to come these days, I've been taking a break from the forums about 2 weeks after I sent my Pandora in around the end of Sept. It's been a long wait for a replacement, but the upgraded nubs (and improvement to the LCD cable set-up to hopefully avoid the slow death mine experience) should make it worth the wait.

I'm hoping for one with a stiff hinge again, it made it bearable to use as more than an oversized mp3 player.

I got mine yesterday (approximately 650 - 750 in Craigs queue).

Some small issues with the case, but nothing major. I've not had much to chance to use it yet, so not able to give much of a review (and there are so many that I probably would not add much any way).

DynaMight said:
I got a email informing me mine was sent today! Ordered about 5:30pm UK time and estimated queue position was 750-850. Looking forward to tomorrow.

I'm in the 650-750 queue and I ordered 7:37 CET on the 1st of October 2008. I'm very confused now because I've not gotten any shipping conformation... :(

Got my Pandora's. So fucking sweet! 28 months totally worth it. The system is definitely raw, PND's help out but stuff still needs to get configured a good bit afterward to get it just right. But otherwise, fucking AWESOME.

Loving it. Got GINGE running and playing Cave Story for my first time. Saved up a lot of old games I never had the chance to play. Bliss.

Phawx said:
Got my Pandora's. So fucking sweet! 28 months totally worth it. The system is definitely raw, PND's help out but stuff still needs to get configured a good bit afterward to get it just right. But otherwise, fucking AWESOME.

Loving it. Got GINGE running and playing Cave Story for my first time. Saved up a lot of old games I never had the chance to play. Bliss.
Congrats Phawx!

You have been one of the regulars around here for a long time. It's real nice to see so many getting their units, and that the team didn't "Crash & Burn"! I'm glad to see it didn't disapoint you after the very long wait. Now you have one and I don't :p , but mine should be back soon. ENJOY!

Chris

jumpman said:
They are now using new ribbons

No, I believe all that has changed on the ribbons was the soldering point for the speakers, last I recall anyway.

ED posted just a short while ago that he just finished a further 400 (1000 more in his posession to do):

http://boards.openpandora.org/index...ere-2011-01-11/page__view__findpost__p__19457

In the same post he reveals that he's only just received samples of the redesigned cable, so it'll be a while before anyone is getting one of those in their unit.

Asmo said:
jumpman said:
They are now using new ribbons

No, I believe all that has changed on the ribbons was the soldering point for the speakers, last I recall anyway.

ED posted just a short while ago that he just finished a further 400 (1000 more in his posession to do):

http://boards.openpandora.org/index...ere-2011-01-11/page__view__findpost__p__19457

In the same post he reveals that he's only just received samples of the redesigned cable, so it'll be a while before anyone is getting one of those in their unit.
Yeah, I thought they had the new ones already. I guess not.

Chris

Back