"your Pandora Has Been Shipped"


Tom`

Very Active Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
1,168
fahrstuhl said:
YEAH! FINALLY! I've got the email at 13:54 GMT+1 and right now I'm so freaking happy I eventually decided to pay extra for UPS shipping. I'd just shoot myself if I had to wait another 6 to 12 days... It's excruciating enough having to wait for just 2 more days! (Although, if I hadn't received my shipping email, I could probably handle some more months.)
If any other Ohioans are reading this, how long did it take yours to get here from the time you got your e-mails?

I didn't pay extra - wasn't it like $50 for UPS? I guess I can get along for another ten days or so... I've avoided shooting myself so far, at least, though it's been difficult. :p
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
5,197
Age
43
Location
Ireland
Titcher said:
I finally got my Pandora today. I haven't managed to get the stylus out yet, does anyone have any tips?
someone else had this problem too.Screwdriver?Though i wouldnt recommend it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Titcher

Active Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2003
Messages
539
wrath of khan said:
someone else had this problem too.Screwdriver?Though i wouldnt recommend it.
Thanks. That worked.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Prometheus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2008
Messages
9,475
Congratulations to all of you who are finally getting your shipment confirmations. I hope you all enjoy your Pandoras.

There's certainly plenty of things to try out - I hope you've decided what to do first. :p
 

DaMummy

Soldier Paste
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
4,417
Age
34
Location
Ohio
Tom` said:
If any other Ohioans are reading this, how long did it take yours to get here from the time you got your e-mails?

I didn't pay extra - wasn't it like $50 for UPS? I guess I can get along for another ten days or so... I've avoided shooting myself so far, at least, though it's been difficult. :p
in case you dont find out, let me know how long it takes to get it in ohio as thats where mine will be shipping.....someday....some looooong happy day
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jumpman

Advanced Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
3,095
Location
Sin City
meandu229 said:
Didnt get the shipping email got a much better supprise co-worker arrived in my office with a UPS bag,, My replacement pandora :D woooo feels nice,, hinge is nice and stiff yey thanks OP
When did you send your Pandora off? Or when did they receive it? Im just trying to find out what the turn around time is. Thanks!

Chris
 
Last edited by a moderator:

meandu229

Zubeman
Joined
Mar 20, 2004
Messages
1,170
Age
33
Location
England(north east)
Website
www.zubeonline.com
jumpman said:
meandu229 said:
Didnt get the shipping email got a much better supprise co-worker arrived in my office with a UPS bag,, My replacement pandora :D woooo feels nice,, hinge is nice and stiff yey thanks OP
When did you send your Pandora off? Or when did they receive it? Im just trying to find out what the turn around time is. Thanks!

Chris
They recieved my pandora 26th novemeber,
I emailed debs ( Who has been brilliant through this) 2 weeks ago and asked if I would be in the 350 boards and she said I was right at the end of them so would be end of the 350 or start of the next ones, i guess the extra 200 boards solved that for me,
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jumpman

Advanced Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
3,095
Location
Sin City
meandu229 said:
jumpman said:
meandu229 said:
Didnt get the shipping email got a much better supprise co-worker arrived in my office with a UPS bag,, My replacement pandora :D woooo feels nice,, hinge is nice and stiff yey thanks OP
When did you send your Pandora off? Or when did they receive it? Im just trying to find out what the turn around time is. Thanks!

Chris
They recieved my pandora 26th novemeber,
I emailed debs ( Who has been brilliant through this) 2 weeks ago and asked if I would be in the 350 boards and she said I was right at the end of them so would be end of the 350 or start of the next ones, i guess the extra 200 boards solved that for me,
WOW, that was a long wait. But technically, they just got the new boards recently, so it wasn't to bad. Jackie had me wait to send mine back. I'm guessing she knew they couln't do anything until the new boards arrived, so she had me wait until the new year. My unit got to them 2 days ago, so hopefully I'll get a return email soon. Thanks for the info.

Chris
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyChops

NO! I don't play basketball
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
1,000
Age
41
Location
OHIO
DaMummy said:
Tom` said:
If any other Ohioans are reading this, how long did it take yours to get here from the time you got your e-mails?

I didn't pay extra - wasn't it like $50 for UPS? I guess I can get along for another ten days or so... I've avoided shooting myself so far, at least, though it's been difficult. :p
in case you dont find out, let me know how long it takes to get it in ohio as thats where mine will be shipping.....someday....some looooong happy day
I upgraded to the ups shipping and got it within 3 days, worth it for me. I believe I remember people within a 1 state radius waiting about 2 weeks to get it by standard mail at the time. There's also the customs I was worried about, which ups handles better than usps. Namely they pay any customs required on your behalf and then just collect it from you when they deliver to your door, whereas usps waits for you to make arrangements to pay the customs before the package moves another inch. At least that was my understanding of it about 7 months ago...

btw, congrats to all the proud new Pandora owners :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

meandu229

Zubeman
Joined
Mar 20, 2004
Messages
1,170
Age
33
Location
England(north east)
Website
www.zubeonline.com
jumpman said:
meandu229 said:
jumpman said:
meandu229 said:
Didnt get the shipping email got a much better supprise co-worker arrived in my office with a UPS bag,, My replacement pandora :D woooo feels nice,, hinge is nice and stiff yey thanks OP
When did you send your Pandora off? Or when did they receive it? Im just trying to find out what the turn around time is. Thanks!

Chris
They recieved my pandora 26th novemeber,
I emailed debs ( Who has been brilliant through this) 2 weeks ago and asked if I would be in the 350 boards and she said I was right at the end of them so would be end of the 350 or start of the next ones, i guess the extra 200 boards solved that for me,
WOW, that was a long wait. But technically, they just got the new boards recently, so it wasn't to bad. Jackie had me wait to send mine back. I'm guessing she knew they couln't do anything until the new boards arrived, so she had me wait until the new year. My unit got to them 2 days ago, so hopefully I'll get a return email soon. Thanks for the info.

Chris
Yeh I would have waited but my LCD cable went so wasnt much use to me,
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Shaun

Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2006
Messages
278
Age
32
Location
United Kingdom
Website
www.shauncollier.com
So what are the major advantages a new Pandora would have over the first batch? If nubs/other hardware broke on a first batch Pandora it could be repaired under warranty anyway. Is there anything else in particular? I guess the bumpy bezel at the lower part of the screen has been fixed? (Which I believe was a problem for most first batch units?)
 

Chaser

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
408
Location
Manchester
I dont believe the bezel issue has been fixed as of yet. They are still using the same molds for now and probably will do for batch 2 pandoras aswell. There are some fixes/tweaks in the planning stages. Main advantage is the new nubs being way more durable according to tests and the fact zero have been found as defective at present. Lcd cables have the benefit of hindsight and a tool to place them better, plus possibly a slight redesign to make them more sturdy. Though that maybe planned not implemented at this point too (?) :)
 

Jumpman

Advanced Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
3,095
Location
Sin City
Well, I believe the bezel issue was only a problem due to the shielding material they had to put around the LCD ribbon to keep the radiation numbers down. They are now using new ribbons, but I don't know if the bezel is still present or not. The case was fine until the extra material was added, and that's what causes the problem. The shoulder buttons have been improve, which was my only real complaint, so that is good. Last of course is the nubs which have been greatly improved, and well tested. A better and more solid unit all around.

Chris
 

moxie

The voice of reason, sense and exasperation
Staff member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
2,707
Age
48
Location
South of Sweden
Got the email Tuesday, and according to UPS it is due to arrive tomorrow. Whee!
 

carlberry

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
44
They recieved my pandora 26th novemeber,
I emailed debs ( Who has been brilliant through this) 2 weeks ago and asked if I would be in the 350 boards and she said I was right at the end of them so would be end of the 350 or start of the next ones, i guess the extra 200 boards solved that for me,
WOW, that was a long wait. But technically, they just got the new boards recently, so it wasn't to bad. Jackie had me wait to send mine back. I'm guessing she knew they couln't do anything until the new boards arrived, so she had me wait until the new year. My unit got to them 2 days ago, so hopefully I'll get a return email soon. Thanks for the info.

Chris
Yeh I would have waited but my LCD cable went so wasnt much use to me,
Hmmm... they've had mine since the 18th November (knackered LCD cable here too), hopefully mine should be re-appearing soon.
 

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
16,733
jumpman said:
Well, I believe the bezel issue was only a problem due to the shielding material they had to put around the LCD ribbon to keep the radiation numbers down. They are now using new ribbons, but I don't know if the bezel is still present or not.
The bezel is unrelated to the cable. It's suspected to be a result of the paint and some shrinkage. The bezel bowing issue is still there in varying degrees on new ones being shipped, according to the reviews: some people have no issue, others see it straight away, same as before.
The LCD ribbon is believed to be responsible for the left side of the lid still being up ever so slightly when it is closed. I don't know if they are actually using the new cables or if that was still being discussed, but either way at least one review has pointed out the lid is still lifted slightly on the side when it's closed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MarkoeZ

arr matey?
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
1,183
Age
41
Website
projectinfinity.org.uk
Waahooo :)

Been a while since i visited the forum, but my replacement pandora apparently arrived at my mothers house today :D (Don't trust my neighbors here)
So seems ill be visiting here again.

I sent mine back in september / oktober i believe, long time ago anyway. Nice to have it back.
Hopefully i'll also be motivated to work on Panjoust again :)

Cheers!
 

Dunny

Exophase Approved® Forum Troll
Joined
Dec 24, 2006
Messages
1,112
Age
47
Location
Broughton, Brigg, UK
Website
www.zxspin.com
WizardStan said:
jumpman said:
Well, I believe the bezel issue was only a problem due to the shielding material they had to put around the LCD ribbon to keep the radiation numbers down. They are now using new ribbons, but I don't know if the bezel is still present or not.
The bezel bowing issue is still there in varying degrees on new ones being shipped, according to the reviews: some people have no issue, others see it straight away, same as before.
Yep, it's present on mine, but it's not noticeable - stands out less than 1mm from the screen.

D.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top