Your Conditions For Getting A Pandora

The following will cause me to buy

• Pre-order, I have faith in all aspects

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Post 1st batch, want to see how it goes

• Certain feature (emu, certain app,etc.)

• Will have to wait to get money(willing to get first batch unit)

• Combination,needs to be worth money

• Not sure, just closely following community to see what develops

• Total voters

Tobriand said:
Craigix hasn't exactly been the most punctual of people in terms of the relationship between claimed and actual times for things to happen!
A heretic in the cogworks!

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tobriand said:
Bleh. I feel like I'm digging myself a hole the more I go on, so I'll stop there. And of course, whenever it's released (within reason) I'll be ordering as soon as the email comes in!
You are not alone, Tobriad. I have very little confidence in a September shipment as well.

I will definitely be preordering, As i do have a lot of faith in the team. That, And the fact that i have been waiting for something like this baby for years, That could maybe replace my Psion series 5, And dare i say, My GP32 :eek: , Well, Maybe.

If something major does go wrong with the hardware (which i very much doubt), Or there is a major update/revisions the hardware, Because of unforseen reasons, Then i will probably get that too.

Trooper

i will be ordering within minutes of the start of pre-orders. As i understand we will be getting an early notice before the time comes, so i'll be having my paypal/bankcard and sufficient funds ready. :D

But since i'm talking about payment, any idea if iDeal payment will be possible? by far the best way to pay online here in the Netherlands. Instant payment from bank account.

And i would not be surprised either if release is in october, but i hope i'm way off ofc...

Cheers!

TaG said:
I hope that I will be among the 3000 to get one of the first batch. I have a lot more faith in the team than I have belief in the usual mega-corporation marketing.
Unfortunately though, as one result of not being a mega-corp, I'm not sure there are too many ppl on the project that are doing this as their full time Pandora-only day job. Craig's got other business ventures. I think MWeston's the only one that's doing this 24/7. is there anyone else that's doing this full time?

As for the 3000, I'm looking forward to hearing more news on that like everyone else posting. I think there must be less than a dozen of prototype boards in existence? ...far from the 100 in the first batch.

I hope one of the 3000 will be available at least before the holiday buy buy buy season comes along.

I'm going to have to wait and see what the community thinks. If units start breaking randomly or if the controls are uncomfortable, I may reconsider purchasing. I probably won't have enough cash until the second batch though. If the Pandora phails, then it's going to be the PS3 for me.

Fat Agnus said:
I think MWeston's the only one that's doing this 24/7.
No. I did some research based on the inscriptions on the prototype boards.

MWeston is fifth-grader who sells clay sculptures! The truth is out! Also his real name is Matthew Wasser, not Michael Weston!

Fat Agnus said:
TaG said:
I hope that I will be among the 3000 to get one of the first batch. I have a lot more faith in the team than I have belief in the usual mega-corporation marketing.
Unfortunately though, as one result of not being a mega-corp, I'm not sure there are too many ppl on the project that are doing this as their full time Pandora-only day job. Craig's got other business ventures. I think MWeston's the only one that's doing this 24/7. is there anyone else that's doing this full time?I'm sure I read somewhere that there were two devs on this full time, though I don't know who they are. Originally I was refering to the faith I have in the team delivering a machine that works and does what is expected of it. In terms of timing, like a lot of others I was hoping to already have it by now. I can easily forgive them the nubs issue which is the biggest dealy, and if they have arranged decent custom nubs in that timescale then I am impressed. I can't afford to buy one and then buy a mk2 if the mk1 isn't quite right so I would prefer them to get it right first time.

chad78 said:
The longer this takes - the less "best-bang-for-the-buck" the Pandora becomes.
Technology is moving so quickly, I have to agree with this statement.

If I ever order one, I am going to wait around the same amount of time I did to get a GP2X, which was just about 3 months ago. The thing is, I'd be using it almost 99% for gaming, and because of that, buying it ASAP just doesn't seem like a smart move to me. Besides, first batches ALWAYS have problems. And by the time I buy them, they are going to have to be a tad cheaper.

kuehnau said:
And by the time I buy them, they are going to have to be a tad cheaper.
Can't see the price coming down like it does with Sony or MS - not unless the sales go ballistic and they get huge quantity discounts on components. It only happens with the likes of Sony as the early adopters pay a premium that contributes to the R&D.

TaG said:
Fat Agnus said:
TaG said:
Unfortunately though, as one result of not being a mega-corp, I'm not sure there are too many ppl on the project that are doing this as their full time Pandora-only day job. Craig's got other business ventures. I think MWeston's the only one that's doing this 24/7. is there anyone else that's doing this full time?

I'm sure I read somewhere that there were two devs on this full time, though I don't know who they are. Originally

I'm pretty sure that the half dozen or so people (more hopefully?) that actually have one of the dev boards monitor this forum pretty closely. The others on Craig's waiting list for dev boards are probably even more anxious to get their hands on one.

As far as the full time thing goes, I'm sure everyone here knows what it's like...

When something cool and fun to work on comes out, you spend night and day playing/working with it. But unless this is your main source of income (or you're just independently wealthy), you're always going to defer to your day job, family responsibilities, or school coursework when push comes to shove. When the rent/mortgage is due, you're not going to bust your ass *just* as much as you did at first.

Now when this is all you've got... and your next toy, car, house, vacation, retirement plans, or whatever depends on the Pandora coming out on time and as problem free as you can. Your sphincter tightens up and you get to work.

Other than Weston, who else is doing this 24/7?

I will order one for sure, if/once it has:
Great controls and battery life, great viewing angel, perfect PSX emulation, daveC review for the controls, 3 other reviews from famous forum members, and a release date before Dec.

My conditions for getting a pandora:

A pre-order button appears somewhere that I know about or can find.

although iam dubious about buying a 1st run of anything like this, and its more or less a given that there will be hardware revisions for the next run to iron out potential problems - i will buy one as soon as theyre available.

ive been waiting since november to get my hands on one of these badboys and the prospect of not getting one as soon as theyre out, having to wait for confirmation of a next batch and waiting for those to be available is too much for me. ill take the risk and jump in straight away. i just hope i dont regret it.

I'm gonna try to buy one of the first 3000, and I highly doubt there will be any major problems with them.

pre-order for me. All this waiting is causing me pain. If the devs could finish one just for me and finish the rest later I'd be happy.

Too bad these aren't working with a chinese manufacturer or they'd be done in no time.

I'm pre-ordering with faith. Half the fun is being in at the beginning and seeing the scene develop.

Obviously I can't wait to get my hands on the kit... but I'm also looking forward to these forums having something other than fevered expectation... slowly turning to exasperation. Theres only so many pointless polls / posts on a yet to be released system before it starts to drive you mad.

PS And I do get the irony of complaining about pointless polls... in a pointless poll :D

Pre Order for me as long as it is available before Christmas (2008).

pre-order for me, although it would be good to have full psx emulation on it from the get go.... *stares off into space and starts mumbling about Final Fantasy 7 on the go*

*bump* o_O

Well, I'm not exactly sure. After having seen all the footage and infos and stuff, I really want to get one of the first batch, though I'm not exactly aware of any errors that might occur with the hardware.
Anyways, I still have to save the money to get one of those babies, so I think that I'll go with the second batch... until then I'll have the money for sure, but we'll see.

And I really hope a decent SNES Emu is out when I get my Pandora, but shouldn't be too much of a problem. :)

Back