Your Conditions For Getting A Pandora

The following will cause me to buy

• Pre-order, I have faith in all aspects

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Post 1st batch, want to see how it goes

• Certain feature (emu, certain app,etc.)

• Will have to wait to get money(willing to get first batch unit)

• Combination,needs to be worth money

• Not sure, just closely following community to see what develops

• Total voters

anexanhume

So, I know a lot of people on here are committed to pre-ordering or getting a 1st batch unit, but I know there are others waiting for various. Please post those as I'd like to get a "snapshot" of the community.

Preordering first batch, assuming preorders open sometime before 23rd of August (I'll be away without Internet access from then until the end of August).

I hope that I will be among the 3000 to get one of the first batch. I have a lot more faith in the team than I have belief in the usual mega-corporation marketing.

Another pre-order vote, here. The Pandora appears that it will offer everything that I ever dreamed of having in a portable computing device, and I'm confident enough that the team will deliver on these things that I would like to buy one of the first 3000 units, if at all possible. :p

I'm waiting because of my lack of funds. I may have to choose between this and the Neo Freerunner.

Not sure. I wanna get one as soon as they are released, but if there are going to be a lot of changes and hardware revisions or the equivalent of a GPH stunt like the f200, I wanna get the finalized version.

I hope I can preorder, but need to have the money which may be a problem. I have faith in it, they know what kind of things hampered the 2X, and have said all along it will be done when it's done. Remember the original estimate of release was way back. All this time has been put into making sure it isnt released a buggy, cheap mess.

This will be my first handheld since the original Game Boy brick! (aside from 4 days with a PSP- bleh!) It was painful after waiting and watching the launch of 2X, steering clear, but all of the software/hardware problems ultimately put me off. For some, like me, this device will be a very new experience. What the 2X should have been and more. Can't wait :)

Definitely pre-ordering. I've been geeked about this from the onset and it's only getting better and better.

p B)

i happen to have enough right now, and i've been wanting a new screen + video card for ages. I was going to buy this month, but since the delay to September, the LCD + GPU is looking a lot more attractive to me now. i was going to have most of the summer holidays to play with it! ah well. so is life.

It'll take me quite a while to build up the money for a pandora if i do get it (student here, meh.) Do i really want a 1st edition unit? remember the MK1 GP2Xs? there are so many more things that could go wrong in the Pandora... haha kidding ^^ but i would definitely read some reviews of the MK1 units first before buying.

I have faith to preorder - but my condition is time. If the preorder doesn't start soon (as in, the next 30 days or so), then I'm out. Or I'm at least out for this batch. The longer this takes - the less "best-bang-for-the-buck" the Pandora becomes.

I'm in with the pre-orders, and hoping they're not too far into August. Once we've seen the OS running on a unit, I'll a bit more faith that they'll actually make the release date we've communally predicted for them.

I think I have perfect faith in their ability to get the hardware right, and I have a lot of faith in the people who are actually working on the software (whether or not it's perfect at release). I don't have much faith in their ability to get it out the door when predicted, I'm afraid. Much as I like him, Craigix hasn't exactly been the most punctual of people in terms of the relationship between claimed and actual times for things to happen!

chad78 said:
The longer this takes - the less "best-bang-for-the-buck" the Pandora becomes.
On the other hand, the Pandora is nothing without the software, and that may take a while to come anyways (the killer apps I mean, not standard built-in stuff, although I'm sure that'll be great too). I think this type of system is the rare geek item that gains value over time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan to pre-order for sure. I just recently learned of the Pandora. I have a friend who is in the military and will be doing a year stay in Iraq so I gave him my F100 to take with him and was looking at an F200 to replace it when I came across the Pandora. Now I'm very excited as I had been looking for an Open UMPC and this is by far the closest. Toss in being able to use an emulator to play many of my old games and I was very excited.

Tobriand said:
Craigix hasn't exactly been the most punctual of people in terms of the relationship between claimed and actual times for things to happen!
Everything up to and including the dev kits was on time.

We are just being very cautious in regards to the final system launch.

craigix said:
Tobriand said:
Craigix hasn't exactly been the most punctual of people in terms of the relationship between claimed and actual times for things to happen!

I don't have a doubt that this machine will be everything it's said to be, so i'll be preordering asap.

craigix said:

I'm not thinking of the dev kits and the like - I'm quite certain the internal deadlines have been spot on. But you have to admit there have been several times when you've mentioned an update within a day, and it has surfaced approximately a week later. Or have mentioned that an update will happen in a month, and, whilst it has, it's been just prior to midnight on the last day of that month. The same thing can be said of GBAX competition releases; usually, they're on time, but only just, and sometimes only if you use the international date line instead of GMT! Most of these, of course, are due to events beyond your control - but that doesn't mean those events don't have a tendency to happen.

Sorry, I'm being harsh and unfair; I just wouldn't be too surprised if you end up technically shipping them in September, but only on the last day, and to arrive in early October, for instance. I'm not saying you will of course. I'm quite certain that you're going to do your absolute best to get them out the door as soon as they are, in fact, ready, and not before. But I'm afraid I wouldn't be too surprised.

Bleh. I feel like I'm digging myself a hole the more I go on, so I'll stop there. And of course, whenever it's released (within reason) I'll be ordering as soon as the email comes in!

Back