You Guys Are Not Going To Believe It

someboddy

Still Fresh
Yesterday I was telling a friend of mine about the Pandora, and can you guess what was the first thing he asked?

it was "Which company made it?"!!!

I started to freak out, and ofcourse I replied "NO COMPANY! A BUNCH OF DUDES MADE IT!"(it's in caps because I said it while freaking out).

Unfortunately, instead of saying something like "You mean, you cant really specify a manufacturer?", the guy just said "Dude, what the hell are you freaking out over?", so I told him about that thread.

True story.

Last edited by a moderator:
So... almost everyone here(including me) were pretty damn sure that people are going to care more about the machine's abilities than about the company who made it. Turn out we were wrong...

someboddy said:
I started to freak out, and ofcourse I replied "NO COMPANY! A BUNCH OF DUDES MADE IT!"(it's in caps because I said it while freaking out).
And what exactly do you think a company is??

LOL.... i guess there are a lot of companies out there that are "just a buch of dudes"... take apple for instance people bought their computers based on merit and they were just a couple guys in a garage

cb88 said:
LOL.... i guess there are a lot of companies out there that are "just a buch of dudes"... take apple for instance people bought their computers based on merit and they were just a couple guys in a garage
At etrade palo alto there is this big roll up garage door in the lobby, Christos left it there to remind us of where we came from.

And so this one time..............at BAND CAMP.....we were telling scary stories.....and I........I told them about this friend of mine, that made his own fusion reactor from spare car parts, and he was able to teleport to tokyo with it and what not....it was so cool.

:D

DSR

why would you freak out anyway? I can imagine you punching somebody in the face for asking about a company...

Hey, check out my pandora
-sweet device, who made it?
RAAAAARRRGHHHHHH!!!!! *jumps on them, and starts chewing their ear*

yeah i can see him turning into hulk

"RAAAARRRGGHHHH! HULK NO LIKE QUESTIONS ABOUT COMPANY!!!!!! AAAARRRRGHHH!!!!!!"

"This summer......someboddy is.....THE INCREDIBLY ANGRY PANDORA-LOVING, NOOB-SMASHING HULK!!!!"

someboddy said:
Yesterday I was telling a friend of mine about the Pandora, and can you guess what was the first thing he asked?

Unfortunately, instead of saying something like "You mean, you cant really specify a manufacturer?", the guy just said "Dude, what the hell are you freaking out over?", so I told him about that thread.

True story.

Hey, I remember I was eating spaghetti one time with a group of friends and I said "hey guys, ya know i'm lactose intolerant so I can't have milk with this pasta". They said "like dude, WTF LOL did you want us to go to the fridge for some soymilk for ya" and I said... "hey could someone let the dog out because, he's like, eyeing my pasta and wants some but I can't give him any because I can't drink milk AND pasta because I would be like so hungry with less food in my belly because I like dogs who go outside and not on the rug".
True Story too. :unsure:

Ah Pandora, ye makith me wait-ith for ye tender embrace. :pandora1:

Kyosys said:
why would you freak out anyway? I can imagine you punching somebody in the face for asking about a company...

Hey, check out my pandora
-sweet device, who made it?
RAAAAARRRGHHHHHH!!!!! *jumps on them, and starts chewing their ear*
I L'dOL! tears in my eyes and everything. That was great! I can just picture it....

"Sweet, what's that system called?" - "It's a Pandora - an open source gaming UMPC." "A Gaming UMPC?! That's awesome! Who ma...." "DO NOT! ASK ME THAT! {skin starting to turn green} It will make me very angry. You won't like me when I'm angry."
crap, sorry - I didn't see schnitzelboy already beat me to the Hulk reference. GMTA.

Ok, enough razzing of Someboddy - at least from me... for now - but, yeah, a company name would be nice. I think it would help - if nothing else - make the Pandora seem more real. "Craig & Co." works as far as I'm concerned - but making it Official®©™ would be nice.

Just to change the tone a little...

You're right - I can't believe it. Its made by OpenPandora so your answer was a bit lame, uninformative and not worth freaking out over. It's like 'I know of these couple of dudes set up a website just so you can look up other websites. It'll never work its just a couple of dudes'

I really shouldn't respond to threads when I get back from the gym. It winds me up and I could turn into Kyosys.
RAAAAARRRGHHHHHH!!!!! ;)

someboddy said:

True story.

someboddy said:
So... almost everyone here(including me) were pretty damn sure that people are going to care more about the machine's abilities than about the company who made it. Turn out we were wrong...
I don't see where we were wrong? All I see there is that your friend asked who it was made by, I don't see him dissing the system because it doesn't have a company backing it. All I see from your description is that your friend was a little disturbed by the fact you started freaking out.

Maybe your friend dissed it and I don't know, but if you want to prove the point that they care more about the company than capabilities, then you should've put that in your original post. Since you didn't, I assume that your friend didn't diss the system, and that means that your point is not proven.

If someone told me a new electronic device was coming out, one of the first things I'd ask them was the company, just because I'm curious.

-God Ginrai

Back