You Can See A Pandora Tomorrow At Teesside University

'Consequence9' said:
'#1 GameMaster' said:
Someone needs to come to Columbus, Ohio and show it off I'd be there for sure. :D

Wow, another ohioan? I'm up near cleveland =D

On that note, I think regional pandora 'conventions' (more like get-togethers) are in order. If we could convice MWeston to come down to cleveland for a bit I'd gladly organize a space to hold it & whatnot.
Small World. I'm in Fremont, over by Toledo.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Chip' said:
As I understand it, pizza in the UK is so terrible that Dominoes is considered "good". In the US it is considered just marginally better than starving to death, and they only stay in business because they are the only place that will deliver what might charitably be considered "food" to drunks at 2AM.
Offtopic: Thanks. This made me understand a gag in "The Simpsons". I am from main land Europe, So i wouldn't understand it. We have no Dominos :)

EDIT:
To be a bit on topic: Is there any possibility that ED comes to the north of Germany (Hannover that would be)? I could arrange something here at the university. There are already some guys interested in the Pandora. And here are many technical students. At least one department is using a OMAP3 dev board for their research ATM :)

'Gruso' said:
OMG, Janitor Joe! Glad you posted. :D
:)

When I (my family) got my (our) first PC as a kid, I got a handful of 5.25" floppies with it and Janitor Joe was one... I also got Beast and a few others.

It was only a family computer briefly as my brother and I were on it non-stop.

... And we both grew up to be computer nerds. Thanks dad!

'Kramy' said:
'gp2.eXe' said:
Agree, Quasist says something every once in a while so he's not that bothersome. Asking for him to get banned would be like asking PoisonedV to get banned... of course, PoisonedV does not tell you to go piss in your Piss-Wiz section, and he's a lot more constructive... oh well...

Most of the forums I visit have zero tolerance for requesting people die. I'm surprised Quasist hasn't been banned. I do find his posts disruptive, but if he were gone he'd probably be replaced by someone else.

Oh, and PoisonedV isn't at all the same. PoisonedV has a very insulting/rude sense of humour (to some), but he isn't a troll. To put it simply, he doesn't actually care about anyone he flames. He just does it to point out to them the flaws in their posts. There's no negative emotions involved. He might flame you one day and compliment or agree with you another day.

But Quasist is different - I get the feeling he really doesn't like craigix or the Pandora. I've never seen someone drag something out for so long on forums, so he must really hate him - but maybe I've got the wrong impression.
Yeah, I was being sarcastic on that... anyway Quasist was banned IIRC for 2 weeks yesterday...

'Gruso' said:
I kicked myself hard this afternoon when I realised I should have announced this meetup on the blog. Might have boosted the numbers. Ah well, next time!
Would be nice, also that gives more chance to make arrangements and for people to charge their cam's batteries :p .

As if i missed this. I live in stockton!! Like a 15minute drive away :(

Really want to see a pandora too..

Actually its probably better i missed it - i would of stolen yours :p.

You know, something came to my mind about this... the prototype has the microphone functional? If so, couldn't Craigix have recorded the meeting as a way to test it? (Not that it matters now that it's over :p )

Maybe for the next time... :) Anyway i'm just curious.

Chip - I'd definitely be up for a small preview of the Pandora if you could arrange it; I too live in New Jersey (Monmouth County, actually)! Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

If I do schedule some sort of meetup, it will definitely be on a weekend. It is still up in the air and depends entirely on when I get a Pandora.

Are there any videos of the talk / presentation / reactions to the pandora ?

Also whilst we are on teeside uni, is it a good uni to go to to study a computor science?

Here is my account here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=716161

There was going to be a video but my battery ran out...

It was well received and I could hear people whispering behind me "oh my god it's as small as a DS"
Which is a pretty good reaction considering a lot of people there had not seen anything about Pandora before.

Where in Canada does Michael Weston live? I'm in BC and I'd love it if he did something like this.

I too live in NY (College in Bostson), so its just a quick bus-ride down to NYC. And I see that NYC would be a cheap option for airfare, which would allow most of New England to access it, as well as some of the central east coast to access it as well. Then maybe, a central/west coast event as well to cover the rest of america/canada? :p

'PSyMastR' said:
I too live in NY (College in Bostson), so its just a quick bus-ride down to NYC. And I see that NYC would be a cheap option for airfare, which would allow most of New England to access it, as well as some of the central east coast to access it as well. Then maybe, a central/west coast event as well to cover the rest of america/canada? :p
You seem to be excluding us in the Southeast, buddy.

-God Ginrai

'God Ginrai' said:
You seem to be excluding us in the Southeast, buddy.
Well I'm not driving 16 hours into Deliverance territory just so you guys can get a look at a Pandora a few weeks early. I'm still jobless, so I couldn't even afford the gas.

Northern NJ here as well... so yeah, let's do it!

Back