Release Yamagi Quake2

The mouse/nub bug is still here.

I see no speed difference in this build.

Some textures are missing (buttons, doors), it's related to set gl_ext_multitexture "0" i presume ?

I had to clear out my quake 2 appdata folder, for some reason there was a Yamagi-Quake2 folder and the regular quake2 folder.. I think somehow the config file kept on writing over the new one that has the gl_ext_multitexture "0".. Not entirely sure what was going on, but decided to nuke it from orbit, only way to be sure.

The mouse/nub bug is still here.

I see no speed difference in this build.

Some textures are missing (buttons, doors), it's related to set gl_ext_multitexture "0" i presume ?

The speed boost is not having the major lags when the multitexture code was run during explosions/lasers/etc.

Yes I also see the dark textures, which seems to be limited to movable parts of the level. I will do more testing to see if this some I introduced.

I didnt try to do anything about the nub hangup, what a wierd bug though.

Somethimes, i have some slowdown, but when i move the mouse look (right Nub in my Confic) this fix the slowdown..

On the experimental kernel, and on the normal kernel, the same slowdowns..

But the Game works great, its a bit violence in the game, shooting the strogg whit a bit more powerfull weapon mad they transform in peaces (and i saw som flys around the dead strogg budys..) ihh.

Edit: now i knew why the game was on the index in germany ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found that if I use my external mouse, the frame rate for the game drops noticeably! You can even see it when the game is playing its demo mode before you get to the main menu. It's still playable, just not as smooth...

(null)

This version has the same "sound loop" hard crash as pervious versions. I started it, it runs the demos fine left them looping through - no problems. Hit enter to start, immediate hard lock (requiring power switch & pandora key to reboot) coupled with the repeating sound loop. It does this consistently - locks up as soon as any key is hit. :(

I'll try a flash to SuperZaxxon B2.

Previously, standard Hotfix 6 v2.6 kernel.

Since about 2 mins ago, SuperZaxxon - Beta 2 v2.6 kernel.

Same result with both. Demos run through perfectly, look great.. but pressing any key locks it up with last sound looping.

I tried the experimental kernel v3.2 under SuperZaxxon, same result there too.

So weird, this is my exact bug under Slackware 3.x, but it works ok on Zaxxon 2.6...

WIth those with crashes it may be useful to hook up to the serial terminal output to see if the kernel or pvr driver spews any msg's.

Im tracking down the dark textures, it occurs on the PC so far if i use the gles.h or gles.c/.h, maybe a define is slighty off. But i did an exhaustive check on all of the other changes and none of them have the problem until i switched back to the changes above.

I have not looked into any other issues like the mouse stall.

Mouse on usb 2 port works perfectly (apart the little hangs) for me.

Mouse on usb 2 port works perfectly (apart the little hangs) for me.

My mouse works perfectly in game, it's a wireless one on a little USB hub plugged into the main USB port, it's simply that as soon aas I plug the hub in, I van see the effect on the speed of the game, the framerate drops visibly, and that's while it's still running the demo mode. I've played all the way through the first level, but the game hung when I entered the elevator, not tried it since then, had to go to work!

This engine is actually running on the caanoo :) And so far in the demos i havnt seen any textures drop out. Its a slow in parts, but im at standard cpu clock.

Got to add some controls....

Tried debugging the off shading on movable parts of the level and i havnt totally fixed it. It may just be the cost of not using multitexture.

That issue with my mouse causing the frame rate to drop seems to have been caused by the fact that it's a wireless mouse. I tried a wired mouse today, using two different hubs just to try all contingencies, and under a wired mouse the frame rate remains silky smooth!

(null)

The PND file doesn't show op on either my desktop nor the menu, although it is in the correct folder (and browsing to it on the OpenPandora shows the file). Any ideas?

Back