Release Yabause

Discussion in 'Software Releases' started by ari64, Jul 23, 2011.

1. cddiede

cddiede Still Fresh

Just a quick THANK YOU to Ari64 from those of us on the Maemo based Nokia N900 device who are all benefiting from his hard work and are happily able to run this Saturn emulator on our phones!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2011
  2. lifning

lifning Still Fresh

I can confirm that NiGHTS gets in-game with this version (at slideshow-speed, of course) without a BIOS dump. :) Excellent work!

3. onthebridge

onthebridge Member

After 2 years a new version of Yabause has emerged. It has a dinarec, a cocoa port, a new build system and lots of other cool stuff.

You can download it from here

4. TheGrandPubaa

TheGrandPubaa Member

Ooh, intriguing. I wonder if it's too much to hope that this could mean some better playability on the Pandora?

5. Garrett

Garrett Advanced Member

Anyone tell me where the bios have to go, there is only one: .wh..wh.orph folder within the yabause folder..?

Thanks.

EDIT:

I also have the same issue as Klaus mentions, namely a white box in the upper left hand corner of the screen that can't be removed without rebooting.. any help (with both issues) would be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
  6. sukhi2011

sukhi2011 Member

I just tried resident evil and it works,cut scene are slow and gameplay too.

7. sukhi2011

sukhi2011 Member

I can't get Nights into dreams to work without bios emulator,i'm using but it still the same as bios emulator.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
  8. scorpio16v

scorpio16v Still Fresh

The two posted versions in this thread are deleted on the filehoster's website.

Is it possible to reupload the latest one ?

9. Mygames19

Mygames19 Member

Here's r2660!

Just a slight warning... This is on my Dropbox, which means bandwidth is low, so if someone else could find a better place to host, that'd be great. :)

10. schrotflinte56

schrotflinte56 Still Fresh

11. kamui_kun

kamui_kun Member

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I've just checked the sources of the new Yabause (0.9.11.1) : http://sourceforge.net/projects/yabause/files/yabause/0.9.11/yabause-0.9.11.1.tar.gz/download

And found that it has now a dynarec, and it's arm optimised ! I'm pretty sure this should give a major speed boost compared to the old version...

And with the upcoming new 1 GHZ + Pandoras, Saturn emulation might become possible, at least for the 2D games ;)

So, I hope someone will try to compile this new version, I would have done it myself if there was a virtual box image ready SDK (I'm on windows...), but it doesnt seems to exist -.-

12. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

The first post of this very thread is introducing that "new" dynarec you are talking about..

13. kamui_kun

kamui_kun Member

Oops :p

Well I saw in the changelog in the sources this :

0.9.10 -> 0.9.11

- Added a dynamic recompiling SH2 core for x86 and ARM

The first post was posted the 23 July 2011, and the latest version of Yabause is from 12/2011, so I though it was newer... Strange -.-

Sorry about that T.T

14. Foxgod

Foxgod Active Member

Tnx for the hard work, i will give this a try, saturn got so many awesome rpg's.

Too bad that saturn is so hard to emulate compared to psx, but Yabause looks very promising.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
  15. crosspoint

crosspoint Member

Where can i find the pnd? All links are dead...

Perhaps someone can upload it to the repo...?

16. kamui_kun

kamui_kun Member

That would be great if someone could try to compile the latest SVN from here : http://sourceforge.net/projects/yabause/develop

The project seems to be very active, I don't know if there are any major changes from the old build though.

17. mamemaniac

mamemaniac Member

Yabause mantainer is Ari64 but he seems no longer visit Openpandora boards, imho there are few chances of a Yabause PND update at the moment.

18. kamui_kun

kamui_kun Member

Then I hope someone else will pick up the project, I suppose the old PND was a simple port (judging by the low FPS, I don't suppose any optimisation was made specifically for the Pandora), so anyone can make a new port from the latest SVN now...

19. Exophase

Exophase Nothing good will ever come of Exophase.

Ari64 did the SH2 to ARM dynarec for this version, making it far more than a simple port. I know you didn't mean anything bad by your comment, but I figured you should know you're giving him way too little credit. Without anything to compare it with, you can't use something's performance to try to determine how well it has been optimized. Some things are just never going to be fast enough..

This is unfortunately a common misunderstanding people make.. that leads them to look at quick ports and believe that some good optimization will make it fast enough. When it comes to emulators decent performance can depend on the design of the entire thing, not just applying some optimizations after the fact. Just the same, Ari64 did only target the CPU performance and not the GPU performance, so it's possible you could still make it a lot faster with some carefully thought out NEON optimized VDP1 and VDP2 renderers.. but good luck getting someone to do that..

20. PokeParadox

PokeParadox Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder Staff Member

Go on Exo, you know you want to! ;)