xvideoservicethief... tool for downloading movies from all kinds of streaming providers

___

Advanced Member
this tool would come in handy on a pandora. browsers are too slow to stream a movie, but fetching a link of something cool and having a downloader to extract the stream would be awesome!

this is open source and looks promising. also it's a standalone program, it supports resuming downloads and can be set up to convert files with ffmpeg after downloading.

http://xviservicethief.sourceforge.net

Not a shady name for an application at all...
Thought that too, but it doesn't really seem shady - it just lets you download video streams from various websites featuring free to watch videos. Can't imagine this being illegal.

okay guys what the hell? this is not for watching streams, but for downloading them and saving them on the device. I think this would be a great addition. If noone else bothers, I will take a look and try to port it. also on my cc it is barely possible to stream youtube videos with the youtube-dl gui. I never had problems downloading from youtube via cli, but buffering takes forever if you want to stream. this is what this is for. or fetching episodes of your favorite webshow. i have no idea how anyone could assume this post to be spam, feels a little insulting actually... ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Back