XRick32 v1.2 released

Sdw

Website
www.ag1976.com
Features:

* Highscore saving to SMC
* Level codes being displayed on the little intro screen that comes before each level
* A menu where you start the game, enter level codes and reset your GP32.
* Smaller in size, only 170k compared to original 400k thanks to Mr.Spiv's excellent b2fxeC, so now there is absolutely no reason NOT to have this great game on your SMC! :D

Download XRick32 v1.2 here

Awsome awsome AWSOME, this is cool Sdw, nice job, thanks :D

Not related... but see on your web page, wanted to have a look at your java distortion applets... anything i need to do to see them cause all i see is a big grey square :)

Awsome awsome AWSOME, this is cool Sdw, nice job, thanks :D

Not related... but see on your web page, wanted to have a look at your java distortion applets... anything i need to do to see them cause all i see is a big grey square :)
Hmm.. Long time since I wrote those, but I think that any java VM that supports jdk1.1 or higher should be able to run them just fine. I just tried, and it worked for me. What browser are you running? Are you using Sun's or MS's VM?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, that could be it. I think MS doens't ship any JavaVM at all with the latest versions of IE/XP, you'll have to install it yourself. Damn Microsoft!

Thats right, you have to install SP1 to get JAVA Support, but im sure
I read on ms.com that they no longer have any rights to ship JAVA
and so were pulling any installations of their JVM

so get it from sun.com

@Sdw, are you going to release the modified source code?

Finally! My only problem with this port was that there was no way of carrying on after you FINALLY got to level 2 with one life left and then got speared somewhere on the first screen!

Ah well! Cheers!

Great Job and thanks Sdw !

I will feel a little less likely to throw my GP32 through the window in frustration now. Cheers :D

Any other projects on the horizon ?

Any chance of converting your other projects to GP32 ?

Great Job and thanks Sdw !

I will feel a little less likely to throw my GP32 through the window in frustration now. Cheers :D
Yeah, I know that feeling! I still haven't even completed level 1 myself! :D

Any other projects on the horizon ?

Yeah, I have some stuff that I'm working on. I'll probably release one or two more small crap games in the near future, but I also have some more serious stuff planned. The thing is, I have so little time so it's more fun to do small projects that actually get DONE instead of working on some big project. Porting GPBlocks only took three days or so I think, and making the changes to XRick even less time (I did the highscoresaver in 20 minutes :D)

Any chance of converting your other projects to GP32 ?

Well, I don't know what you mean by my other projects, most stuff I've done is OpenGL/3D demos, and I don't think I will have much success in getting them to run at the GP32... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, that could be it. I think MS doens't ship any JavaVM at all with the latest versions of IE/XP, you'll have to install it yourself. Damn Microsoft!
[OFF TOPIC]
I usually don't back up Micro$oft, but this time, they are not the guilty ones...

It has been forbidden by some law to ship out their own java engine, since the
standard has been officially set to be the one by sun.

But Microsoft is not allowed to pack it into their Internet Exploder... so they just mention
that you need to download it.

Not too bad, though, cause I never used Microsoft Java and many sites didn't work
'cause they NEEDED Microsoft Java.

Now sites will become more compatible :)
[ON TOPIC]

Thanks for the great Rick Dangerous Port... man, how I loved that game on my Amiga...
I still remember most of the traps :)

Last edited:
Back