GPDrive 0.5

Works on Xp Home Edition and Win2k Professionel. :lol:

Squidge you are simply the best!! ;) (with yoyofr , Rlyeh,Mr spiv.... all those who make the Gp32 scene better)

Bye

Herc. :blink:

hmm seems when i try to delete an 8MB file it just keeps repeating the same few lines. cant read it because it goes up the screen too fast. at least it doesnt disconnect me from the internet now.

- im using W2K and aqua mfw 3

:edit: sorry it does work i was just being a bit impatient :edit:

The programs has some problems for me... I use win xp and a gp32 with original firmware. When I copy files from gp->pc. Windows gives errors with some files...

Cannot copy file : cannot read from source file or disk.

I always happens with the same files. Not with all....

Keep up the excellent work !

divadsci posted on Mar 3 2004 at 05:37 PM said:
at least it doesnt disconnect me from the internet now
:blink:

It did that to you, too? It did that to me until I installed a PCI network adpater... Then it doens't mess up anymore :) (I used a Ethernet<>USB thingy)

Last edited by a moderator:
rcx21000 posted on Mar 3 2004 at 08:06 PM said:
divadsci posted on Mar 3 2004 at 05:37 PM said:
at least it doesnt disconnect me from the internet now
:blink:

It did that to you, too? It did that to me until I installed a PCI network adpater... Then it doens't mess up anymore :) (I used a Ethernet<>USB thingy)
yeah i use an alcatel speedtouch USB thingy

This one is great! It works like a charm on Windows XP SP1 + Hot fixes, Aqua MultiFW 3.1 (not 3.1B).
great job Squidge this version is even faster than Squidgelink :D

Squidge posted on Mar 3 2004 at 01:11 PM said:
Lee posted on Mar 3 2004 at 08:31 AM said:
Well, now i have this on the GP screen:

recived address
request descriptor (000108)

and my usb stack says:

device enumeration failed, sorry.
GET_DESCRIPTOR(len 18) failed: endpoint stall(4)

and no classbinding to the massstorage.class

any idea?
Any chance of a fuller/more detailed log via PM?
mmmh, what is PM?

Other question, there a special setting necesseraly for the mass.class like
simpe scsi, NAK Timeot ...
But my mp3 player or cardreader are direct binding to the massstorage.class
without any change or special drivers.

PM is Private Message - just click on the "PM" button at the bottom of one of my posts :)

It supports SCSI2 command set, but not all of it. Should be enough however for most things.

Win98 requires a driver to be written on the Windows side - something I don't have experience of, and since I don't use Win98 on any of my machines, it something that's unlikely to get written.

Top job Squidge.

This version is soooooo quick I actually thought some small files (140 odd k) had failed to copy across :) The cache system is awesome. I am in your debt sir.

cn|tux posted on Mar 4 2004 at 09:03 PM said:
someone already tested if it works on linux?
I will surely test next week Linux and Windows 2000 support.

[edit:] I've just seen that there is now Windows 2000 support, yet another great piece of news. Good work Squidge ;)

ok, i think i've found a bug, i already have an idea why it might be happening.

so here was my smc, full of stuff, only 800kB's free. i wanted to copy the new giana's return's fxe over (which is over 2MB's). it doesn't want to copy giana over because of too little free space, so i go over to the mp3 folder and delete all the mp3's, which frees up 92MB. the deletion takes quite a short time, so i'm guessing it's a cached command as well. then the free space indicator says 93MB, and i press F5 over giana to copy it over (i'm using Total Commander). this again takes only a few tenths of a second. the giana fxe appears in the filelist of the removable drive, so i press select on the gp32 and try to launch the new game, only to find out that it hasn't been copied over, and the mp3's are there too. it probably would've worked if there was free space even before deleting stuff, so i'm guessing it's a hiccup of the cache system. i hope i could describe the bug well.

Actually i just unplug my thing when i am done *i use XP* it autosaves it when it done on the computer anyway *maybe some sort of setting*

When i deleate and put files ont he removable drive the GP32 show some action, so i know it does stuff

woogal posted on Mar 5 2004 at 06:11 PM said:
jegHegy: With any removable drive you must eject or unmount otherwise the drive wont be updated. Thats probably whats happened here.
doh, that might've been it. :/ my bad then.

Back