GPDrive 0.5

Here's the gpDrive 0.5 source code base. Feel free to remove bugs and add features :)

All I ask is that when you are done, to update your modified version here.

darn, dont know what I'm doin wrong but I get an i/o error everytime I try to use it. Im usin win2k. Basically when I do anything

I just tried this on Linux 2.6.3.

About 50% of the time the application doesn't start, it displays "Thanks to Spiv & Firefly for there valuable contributions" and then freezes. It's been better since I wiggled my SMC card, but I've never seen that problem with any other program.

Once it is started, connecting to the PC doesn't work. The GP32 says
Code:
Received address
Request descriptor (000108)
Received address
Request descriptor (000108)
and on the PC, the kernel messages say
Code:
new full speed USB device using address 15
device descriptor read/all, error -110
new full speed USB device using address 16
device descriptor read/all, error -110
the "address" numbers change each time I try.

By the way, my PC has USB2.0 ports (EHCI/UHCI) and USB1.1 ports (OHCI). I tried both, same result.

So, it's nearly there- 110 is ETIMEDOUT, maybe just a timing issue?

Iv'e been using GPdrive to back up my work where I'm contracting (they won't let me install a writer), which means 128+MB aday. Thing is I use win98 at home, which means I have to use PClink to get the files off SMC (very slow). Has anyone tried GPdrive with linux? if so, I have a bootable distro called Xnoppix, could I boot this, run GPdrive off floppy, and get good speed this way (yes i'm a linux noob- i'm an amiga head at heart)

Hmm..
I'm using Win2K pro and it works fine, but only when with some files :l

Sometimes when i try to transfer a file (GP -> PC) I get an error (pagination ?) and it wont let me transfer it at all, and when transfering from PC to GP, I always get *corrupted* files.. corrupted as in "cant be run by the GP" but weirdly when I copy them back to the PC they are fine.

hi i think, i have foud a bug.
overwriting of a file does not really work well.
when i tried to ovrerwrite a .mod file
parts of the old file existed and it sounded really crazy.

then i tried to delete the file and it didnt work.
the file still appeared in the filelist. then i
recovered the smc and deleted the file
with windups and uploaded the file again and
it fortunately worked.

the file on the smc had aprox 280kb and the new file
had 60kb i hope that that information would help you.
its all information i have.

Works on mac, but sort of half-duplex... you can't send files to the GP because "the disk is locked"

Well, it works for me now, I just figured out windows (2000) tries to copy the next file when the first one isnt done yet (gotta copy them by hand one after the other)

Hey Squidge it's very cool

BUT...... I have 1 bad sector on an SMC because of it (and negligence)

While i was copying over a folder full of stuff (well actually was unzipping a folder into the GP32), my batteries ran out....
Next time i started the GP32 if i tried to go into the folder it would freeze the GP32, and i i tried to delete or open up the folder in windows explorer it would not let me....
I therefore had to format my GP32 to get rid of the broken folder, after i finished formatting (in Pacrom) it said 1 bad sector found....
However it is okay now...
note: my SMC did not have any bad sectors before

Obviously this is not ur fault but you could put some sort of notice when you start the program about this sort of thing happening to prevent any problems of the sort.....

Oh!!!
and keep up the good work as this is the best GP32 utility out (esp. since my school pcs have usb ports and fast internet conections heh)

edit: i just it working, it's awesome! i hope you keep improving on this already wicked prog gj!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
btw: it don't work on my win 2000 but my other comp has xp sooooo nvm

Big thanks for this its replaced my card reader as its super quick at transferring mp3s compared 2 it + it integreates into media player really well ( doesn't try to convert 2 wma all the music that passes through it ) My most used app by far except for gpmadmp3 :)

thought I'd delurk to say, never thought of using this utility until today, will be really useful for taking files to college and not having to remember to mail them to me self, also I'd be unsure if they got there due to attachments being stripped from emails

a big thankyou for this utility :D

gp32_console what a lovely emoticon

It's so nice not to have to use PCLink for file transfers anymore. :)

Thanks to Squidge for letting me include it in the next version of my Mp3 player.

V nice! No more PC Link for me now :)

Couldnt get this to work before, although I didnt realise you have to have it running before plugging the cable in.

I do hope Aquafish replaces his SMC recovery tool with this instead. (that and revert back to YAFL 0.1 as i dont want to see the system icons)

Antiriad posted on May 6 2004 at 05:26 PM said:
V nice! No more PC Link for me now :)

Couldnt get this to work before, although I didnt realise you have to have it running before plugging the cable in.

I do hope Aquafish replaces his SMC recovery tool with this instead. (that and revert back to YAFL 0.1 as i dont want to see the system icons)
Just assign stuff to catagories. Put everything in games if u want. Then it will only boot into that catagory and u wont have to see system stuff B).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back