Another World V. 1.02 Released.

DJWillis

Random GP32/GP2X/Wiz & Pandora Moocher
Website
www.distant-earth.com
Following feedback on the 1.01 release we are pleased to announce that Another World for the GP32 version 1.02 has been released.

More info and downloads can be found on the official site:

http://www.distant-earth.co.uk/awgp32/

Main changes in this release over version 1.01 are:
  • In-game gamma (brightness) adjustment.
  • Exiting the game now causes RTEMS to reset the GP32 not just exit to a console/debug screen.
To use the new gamma code press L (Lighter) or R (Darker). There are a number of levels from dark to almost white so experiment and see what looks good on your GP32.

The gamma level is set when the screen is redrawn so during the game you need to exit a screen to see the effect.

Hint: The screen is regularly redrawn in the introduction so try using that to gauge the appearance of various gamma levels.

Thanks,

The AW/GP32 Team

Thanks once again DJWillis!
Gonna try it right now, last time I couldn't see the slugs with my FLU.

Yay! now i can play the game ive heard so much about!

thanks DJwillis!

I will have to give it a try as it was very dark for me to see on my FLU as well and I kept dying and couldn't see any thing in the begining...

Excellent news, like my fellow flu owners I also couldn't see much before, really looking forward to testing this because what I did see it looked like a great version.

Dunno if anyone wants these or has posted them already

spoiler space added to pacify locals

Level Password

1 LDKD
2 HTDC
3 CLLD
4 LBKG
5 XDDJ
6 FXLC
7 KRFK
8 KLFB
9 TTCT
10 HRTB
11 BRTD
12 TFBB
13 TXHF
14 CKJL
15 LFCK

I really don't think you need to post them. There are enough walkthroughs available on the net....

You could at least put some spoiler space in your post.... I had to avert my gaze as I typed! :D

This game... is freaking awesome. At first, I really hated the pass code system, but, after reading up on the history of the game, I'm glad they were kept intact. :D

I had this ROM on DrMD, and I never touched it. It's so much better running things natively. Thanks. :)

Anohter World... Ahhh.. the memories, cant wait to check this out after work today. I remeber sitting for hours on the Amiga 500 with this game... This will bring tears in my eyes just to hear the music and sound from this game. How about proting the follow up game, Flashback??

what was the Link to the Walkthrough Again??

Im stuck on the Level with code XDDJ... are you suposed to go the direction where the rocks are falling and then past them things that try to eat you???

All I can say about this game is "FANTASTIC". I had no idea it had been ported to the GP32. So I downloaded it and have just completed the whole game again! I loved every step. Soo much so that I even reviewed it.

You have done a fantastic job on porting this.

Thanks guys :wub:
Clare.

Steve-O posted on Jul 16 2005 at 10:06 AM said:
what was the Link to the Walkthrough Again??

Im stuck on the Level with code XDDJ... are you suposed to go the direction where the rocks are falling and then past them things that try to eat you???

Yes you need to get through the falling rocks and jump over the teeth. You will get to 3 tentacle things hanging from the ceiling with more teeth on the floor, stand close to the first tentacle thing, shoot all 3 then jump, jump over the teeth. It requires you to be in exactly the right spot. It just takes practice. You then need to blow away a wall then return this way, but the tentacles should be gone this time.

Hope that was of help.
Clare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back