GPDrive 0.5

Wow, what a great little tool :) should make developing alot easier as i dont have to load crummy PC link all the time.

cheers mate!

Pirotic posted on May 6 2004 at 10:58 PM said:
Wow, what a great little tool :) should make developing alot easier as i dont have to load crummy PC link all the time.

cheers mate!
how about using DF's pclink tool and running gxb's directly through the usb cable instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
jegHegy posted on May 7 2004 at 10:25 AM said:
how about using DF's pclink tool and running gxb's directly through the usb cable instead?
Even if you use DF's PCLink gpDrive is still the tool of the gods ;).

It makes dev’ing so much more painless esp. if like me (and Pirotic I would guess) you need to keep putting more then just the GXB's/FXE's on your GP32 for testing :D.

As this is never going to get another update from me, here is the latest version in source code form. You can do whatever you want with this code as long as you don't sell it, or claim that you wrote it.

Squidge posted on May 18 2004 at 08:08 PM said:
As this is never going to get another update from me, here is the latest version in source code form. You can do whatever you want with this code as long as you don't sell it, or claim that you wrote it.
The latest version as in 0.5 ????? Yea...

Has anyone had this problem?
I am on Windows 2000 Server SP4, etc..
Small files transfer just fine, and I can delete on the card just fine.
But any file that might be a little big (I have tried 11MB and 21MB sizes)

it starts to transfer, then I get an error:

Delayed Write Failed
Windows was unable to save all teh data for the file "...." The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

Any tips?

Thanks.
DWN

Is there anything we can do to prevent data corruption? I've had to recover my backups twice already and I have no idea what to do to prevent it.... :(

DarkWolfNine:
It could be a problem with your usb cable, or something like that, that error usually comes up when there is a communication failure between Windows and the USB Device (like the GP here). I've had that msg show up with my card reader/writer and it was cuz I pulled the card while it was still working on it.

Steve-O posted on May 18 2004 at 07:54 PM said:
Anyone want to make some drivers for it for Win98 ??? :D
I don't have a copy of Windows 98 to test it with but couldn't you just download a Win98 Mass Storage Driver?

They have them on driverguide.com among other places.

go on fireflys gp32 site, it has windows 98 drivers. It took me a while to install but it works

:eek: Oh I love this...
It´s so simple and you don´t have to rename all the files..
Just put them there in the smc mapp....

Thanx very thanx...

This guy who made this program is a genius...

:p :D gp32_console :lol:

I am running W2k but i haven't got the sp4 update installed and it doesn't seem to work for me.

The removable drive registers i am able to browse the directories but lets say i click on an actual file it then freezes the whole exlorer window and i have to end task.

Any help?

Thanks

OmarNawaz posted on Aug 3 2004 at 09:10 PM said:
I am running W2k but i haven't got the sp4 update installed and it doesn't seem to work for me.

The removable drive registers i am able to browse the directories but lets say i click on an actual file it then freezes the whole exlorer window and i have to end task.

Any help?

Thanks
I think that you must have the sp4 installed....

I have windows 2000 with sp4 and it works for me...

I hope this solve your problem...

hmm i installed the update but am still having problems, i get data lost messages and i/o errors.

also when i press select it doesn't save all the time.

Back