Xbox 360 Who Likes It ?

Instead of going "fuck the mainstream, even if it's better", Microsoft and Sony have gone for non-retarded controllers. I respect that. If anything, I'm more of a Nintendo fanboy than anything else and graphics are not what I consider the most important; I'm typing this from a 1Ghz athlon and my newest console is a dreamcast. I hope this audacious attempt to unecessarily defy the status quo bites them in the balls though, because a single two-handed controller is the best way.

You really cant say that, seeing as you've never held the controller or played games with it.

I think they look great, and watching that official movie makes me want a revo baad!

Im pretty damn impressed with the 360, online is great fun, especially Perfect DArk, jetpacks are a laugh :p

AAAAHHH!!! The Race Of Super Intelligent 3 Year Olds From Japan Have Arrived!!!
We are doomed!
Run for your lives!!!!!

well, i have played the xbox360 at some of my friends houses and, well, i'm not too impressed. The only game that I played that seemed completely next-gen was project gotham racing 3. It looks great and is fun to play. Call of duty 2 looks good, but definitely not next-gen good. And, while it's fun to play, it isn't any killer app (oh, and it's on the PC as well) . Perfect Dark looks good, but I don't really like it. I played it for quite some time and it just didn't seem all that fun.....and in the end, graphics don't make a good game.

I think that PS3 may turn out the same way. I'm trying to stay optimistic about the revolution, but only time will tell. So, for me, my gp2x, ps2, gamecube, and DS will hold me over until I find something that is truly worth of the title "Next-gen".

These comments are kind of the same for any new console release the good games will be released maybe in 2 years :p . heh all i have is 2 dreamcasts and a PC but i think the xbox 360 is very appealing. Not because of graphics or anything just because it has xbox live and well i tend to only play old classics on my gp2x or play online games on my pc (taspring all ze way....)

Instead of going "fuck the mainstream, even if it's better", Microsoft and Sony have gone for non-retarded controllers. I respect that. If anything, I'm more of a Nintendo fanboy than anything else and graphics are not what I consider the most important; I'm typing this from a 1Ghz athlon and my newest console is a dreamcast. I hope this audacious attempt to unecessarily defy the status quo bites them in the balls though, because a single two-handed controller is the best way.
why not give the thing a chance before judging it?

Last edited by a moderator:
why not give the thing a chance before judging it?
Because I'm cynical, and if you give me a chance, also a hypocrite.

For the record, I've played that shit King Kong game on Xbox360, and it had slowdown. I wasn't impressed. But Call of Duty looked pretty cool.

Played my friends 360 today on his big ass hd tv with surround sound. I was so damn dissapointed with perfect dark, but condemned was actually really cool. All in all, however, I am NOT impressed at all. If this is what the next generation has to offer, they can keep it; nice graphics (not nearly as nice as I thought they would be) aint gonna cut it.

If nintendo can pull of this controller business, if they really make it work, we could actually be getting something special; a new way to play games, completely new concepts and the like, and not just the same old shit with a fresh coat of paint

I suppose I could probably be to blame for turning this into a thread about more than just the 360. But it shouldnt be a versus thread... but it can't be anyway because there's just no chance of the Revo beating it out anyway.

The main problem with the controller is that it's not a proven technology. The instant it becomes a hinderance to gameplay rather than an innovation the honeymoon will be over. All previous free space controllers have not lived up to the hype, most peripheral type controllers dont. Guitars, dancemats, gloves, the eye toy, they get maybe 2 games a year (well except for the 100 DDR games for dancemats and it seems like namco is the sole supporter of gun games now) There's just not going to be much for people, the support of old games is like the best thing going for it.

When somebody expresses disinterest with the controller you can't deflect that with the "have you tried it?" line because the obvious answer is "No." Have you tried it enough to know you'll like it? the answer to that is also "No." So just because you might THINK it could be an exciting change in gaming that dosent mean it actually WILL be. Admittedly the controller could come out and be fricken awesome, but untill a person tries it for themselves and can conclude it to be one or the other they can be allowed their misgivings on it and THAT can be when you say "I told you so"... assuming it's not a flop.

BACK ON TOPIC:
Anyway aside from a couple of people who I've seen be fanatical to illogical proportions towards the 360, most people I talk to simply arnt impressed. Even when seeing the system on a widescreen highdef tv it seems the only reason they're playing it is because there's a "new game" on it. Call of Duty would get the same reaponse on a public PC set up. Kameo is rather simple. If it came out on the Xbox or PS2 it;d be about as exciting a release as Vexx.

Nintendo has a relatively proven track record as far as innovation goes. D-pad, shoulder buttons, analog stick, rumble pack, the DS, and others. While no one's played it, their past successes have proven they do know how to innovate. And, in some cases, change gaming forever with them.

Naturally, this can be argued both ways. The Virtual Boy comes to mind instantly. Maybe could argue the GBA-GCN link, but I don't really think so. After all, Pac-Man Vs. may be the best multiplayer ever. They just didn't implement it enough.

We really won't know till we see it in action for real, but, seeing that their success in innovation far outweigh their failures, I'm hopeful. :)

Amazing that you morons are unable to discuss the 360 without comparing it, of all things, to the Revolution. A console with features that are still under wraps, no specs, no release date, and a completely different market to the 360 or PS3 - it's main competitor.

Take the Revolution stuff to another thread or I will split it myself.

i managed to get a 360 a few weeks ago, and like some of you i wasnt really that interested to begin with, but then my patner started to make me think we should get one, then there was the whole launch thing and you couldnt find them anywhere, then i started to look on ebay out of curiosity, which ended up with 3 nights full of bidding wars, and i eventually got a core pack and 2 games for about the price i would of payed in a shop. initially the visuals didnt really impress me but as i play different games theres little touches and effects that i notice that make me appreciate it a bit more, and especially when i got my rgb scart lead. as for hd, dont make fun of me but i dont see what the big fuss is about, on my 32" flat widescreen sony tv the 360 looks amazing.

I got mine on christmas eve by luck. I didnt actually want one. But i knew you couldnt get tehm anywhere so when i found a GAME shop with some while i was visiting a friend in cambridge i thougth i better get one.

i was goin to sell it but now decided to keep it. Has anyone tryed doa4 (US) on a uk xbox 360 ? oh and anyone knwo if you need an official xbox 360 wireless adapter or can you use any ?

ive not heard wether or not doa4 works but i think ridge racer 6 ntsc does.

are the store demos different? I "tried" to play Call of Duty II, but soon discovered that moving 3 feet in any direction from where i started in the mission that starts behind some truck, resulted in instant death. Played for maybe 5 mins and gave up. I also watched some other kids play it at a mall in some scene where a boat was getting rowed through some cliffy areas. As in both scenes, the background and detail was amazing, but for the sprites themselves, especially the boat scene, not sure if it was even COD II, they were playing, the characters didn't look any better than the first Medal of Honor on PS2.

it's weird to get mad for the fact that people are gonna riff about Revo in this thread. they are both as important, despite the fact that you can (conceivably) run ou and buy a 360 + games NOW and can't even imagine what a single game for revo'll look like. but the thing is, they both represent the next gen.. and this thread's done apretty good job of both covering it's initial intented purpose ("opinions of 360?") and also morphing into a relatively civil discussion of "will 360 hold up to the coming PS3 and revo, and what should it hope to compete with?"

anyway, my 2 cents. PS2 was really helped in the door by the fact that you could shell out 3 bills and get a next gen game system on top of a DVD player.. back before they were super-dirt cheap. nowadays no-one cares, but just a couple years ago DVD players were still not super-widespread-affordable, and honestly it seems like a lot of people were holding out to buy the two-in-one device. i'm not much for convergence, but the PS2 DVD still works fine for me and it's all I use on my TV for viewing them, it's still more than perfect for us casual users.

PS3 will likewise usher in the Blu-ray generation - "like it or not" - and it remains to be seen whether anyoen but the hardest-core of nerds really give a shit. is Blu-ray such a jump from DVD as DVD was from VHS? (that's a pretty freakin' big jump!) How many of you are psyched to re-buy your video collections AGAIN? And then versus the whole HD-DVD issue as well. Gamecube, I mean, Revo on the other hand.. nuff said. I like Nintendo, I hope they never change. Glad they are sticking to their terms as usual - and I am real happy the DS is laughing in everyone's faces. The day the big N sells out (for real) is a sad day for gaming history - it's probably inevitable though. Not yet!

A last note - any of you remember when PS2 came out? Immediately, everyone HATED it. There was nothing to play at launch of any merit besides SSX. Times have changed, their first year was a little bleah but they picked it up pretty quick as the Dreamcast quietly crumbled. 360 is BS right now, but a year from now it will look good enough. Can it stave off Blu-ray? That's for the hardcore nerds to decide. Will it get a "flagship title?"

On a final note.. I pulled out Virtua Tennis (first one) on DC and played with my friend the other night, reminding me of the most fun I have ever had with video games. Never mind the graphics, etc - it's just f u n. Some things are timeless..

PS. am i the only oen who thinks the 360 console looks absolutely freaking RETARDEDLY STUPID? I hate the design, the xbox 1 was bad enough but this thing just looks freakin' stupid. i have to stare at one 3 feet from my head every day.. sighhh

Rico, ease up. The discussion has been generally civil up to now (in this thread atleast) there's no reason to go using 36 point text like people have started flaming each other with curses and deragatory comment, especially when people are inevitablly going to have to referance other systems whether they be new upcoming ones or old 8bit systems in order to help their stance on the one currently being discussed.

For any decent disscussion to take place someone may have to say "I dont like it" and someone will ask "Why?", a decent question to which a logical responce may include referances to PS2, N64, and yes even the hypothetical models that have been presented to the public. Espcially when those public representations are bound to be this system's competition.

but really its nothin to do with ps3 or revolution. I just wondered if people who got a 360 were likeing it. I thought i would never have got an xbox 360 and just got a ps3 but im actually glad i got the 360 coz it is good :D. i dont care if the ps3 or rev will be better coz i will get them if they are anyway :p. Oh and if anyone has a 360 go get the fight night round 3 demo is feckin great. Even tho im not into boxing i love it !!

Back