Xbox 360 Price Revealed

I don't know why people seem to be happy about this price.

The cheaper version is absolute garbage- No ethernet port for gods sake. The expensive option is really the only option.

I think I'll be waiting for it to be hacked/ significantly lowered in price before even thinking of investing.

Sony have certainly done something right i still cant figure out why people are so brand loyal its all the companies are after and you dont even make it hard for them to gain such status. Just choose which ever console ends up with the best upcoming games. I'd go for the revolution aslong as it has a quirky control method i'm all for interesting different games. As opposed to slightly updated current day games. Companies aren't like some kind friend who will lend you money they are heartless theres no point in showing them loyalty, i also feel sony has been as bad m$ for agesss for example the betamax saga.

sam fisher posted on Aug 18 2005 at 03:56 PM said:
its a port of pc port. Which coincidently is a port of the game on the steaming pile of dog turd and puke. how silly of me. you probably call it by its real name the piss station fuck knows why the fuck i own it woot emotion processor 2.

I believe you have issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
*freely translated* "the xbox360 will need (the optional) hdd for backwards compatiblity, the basic version will NOT feture backwards compatibility"

man, they are realy pulling shitt, i dont see a single reason for x1,5 but its release date anymore.

Well I think they really fucked up the system by not including at least some kind of HDD on ALL versions. Why? Because this will SEVERLY impact game quality. As everyone knows developers will only support hardware that they can count on EVERYONE having so they can sell the most games.

This will hurt because with no HDD:

All level data will need to be loaded into RAM. No more spooling data of of the HDD. So now you will have level data, sound, textures, game code all competing for space in the paltry 512 MB of RAM. This means developers will cut back content to fit.

There will be alot of load times as it will need to access the relatively slow DVD drive constantly to get game data into it's limited RAM. Every time you die you will need to re-load everything from the pokey DVD, no more fast HDD swapfile buffer, SLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

All of this extra DVD drive access will wear out the drive pre-maturely.

Because of the absence of the HDD to swap textures, textures will be made lower resolution to take up less RAM space. This means low res blurry maps. This will already come out of the gate being cut back from the comparable PC versions of games. Back are the phrases "the game is like the PC version except for lower resolution textures"

They have crippled the system to save a few bucks, STUPID!

We'll see. Thing is, like has been said above, some games are going to require a HDD - it's bound to happen. But if this can be kept to a minimum, then it shouldnt be too much of a problem. Whatever happened to those solid-state hdds that MS was talking about originally?

Axeman posted on Aug 19 2005 at 07:28 AM said:
We'll see. Thing is, like has been said above, some games are going to require a HDD - it's bound to happen. But if this can be kept to a minimum, then it shouldnt be too much of a problem. Whatever happened to those solid-state hdds that MS was talking about originally?

Flash media. But you can't use those as a HDD replacement for swap wiles, they have limited write cycles.

sam fisher posted on Aug 18 2005 at 11:24 PM said:
stop moaning. the PS3 man said 'you will need a second job to pay for the PS3' :eek:

dont think that will be true as sony wont Sell any at that price and the system will fail etc etc

Im guessing sony will sell the PS3 at a loss and make their money back on the games.

But yea £209 seems nice for the 360 :D... Xbox costs £99.99 now, I would rather wait and put an extra £109 to it and get 360

DaveC posted on Aug 19 2005 at 02:29 PM said:
We'll see.  Thing is, like has been said above, some games are going to require a HDD - it's bound to happen.  But if this can be kept to a minimum, then it shouldnt be too much of a problem.  Whatever happened to those solid-state hdds that MS was talking about originally?

Flash media. But you can't use those as a HDD replacement for swap wiles, they have limited write cycles.

If write cycles you mean write life, then its not going to matter. My company manufactures and developes different types of flash drives and all of our flash drives are guaranteed not to wear or die before 80,000 reads and writes, that is a hell of a lot of reads and writes and probably would take many years, even for a constant gamer, to wear down a flash drive.

We'll see. Thing is, like has been said above, some games are going to require a HDD - it's bound to happen. But if this can be kept to a minimum, then it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Imagine the confusion as to what games will and won't work with the "lamer" version of the system. I can see loads of after Christmas returns as XYZ game won't work with little Timmy's bargain HDD less Xbox 360.

Then you say it can be kept to a minnimum. Yeah it can be kept to a minnimum because the textures, level sizes, sound, graphic detail will also be kept to a minnimum. What a way to fuck it up :angry:

Angel posted on Aug 19 2005 at 04:04 PM said:
We'll see.  Thing is, like has been said above, some games are going to require a HDD - it's bound to happen.  But if this can be kept to a minimum, then it shouldnt be too much of a problem.  Whatever happened to those solid-state hdds that MS was talking about originally?

If write cycles you mean write life, then its not going to matter. My company manufactures and developes different types of flash drives and all of our flash drives are guaranteed not to wear or die before 80,000 reads and writes, that is a hell of a lot of reads and writes and probably would take many years, even for a constant gamer, to wear down a flash drive.

Games that use HDD swap files read and write fron the disk many times per minute. It wouldn't take long to burn a flash rom up.

Lets say the game writes 10 times per minute, and you play for 4 hours a day average. You would burn it out in a little more than half a year. I would hate to have to buy a new flash drive every 6 months or so.

sam fisher posted on Aug 18 2005 at 01:56 PM said:
its a port of pc port. Which coincidently is a port of the game on the steaming pile of dog turd and puke. how silly of me. you probably call it by its real name the piss station fuck knows why the fuck i own it woot emotion processor 2.

Fanboy.jpg

Attachments

• Fanboy.jpg
    Fanboy.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 166
funny image ^

so how crippled is the "core" system?? i thought it was the same thing sans hdd and wireless controller! the lame dvd tray of the "core" system doesn't bother me much, either..
i guess it can't be helped, i'll have to get the bundle package.

junker posted on Aug 19 2005 at 09:52 PM said:
funny image ^

so how crippled is the "core" system?? i thought it was the same thing sans hdd and wireless controller! the lame dvd tray of the "core" system doesn't bother me much, either..
i guess it can't be helped, i'll have to get the bundle package.

The core is missing any kind of hard disk. Now developers will have to pare down their games to fit all in RAM. This will likely mean lower res textures, more load times, smaller levels as they won't be able to count on everyone having a hard drive to buffer from.

That's what I said in my first post <_<

Games will be crippled by the HDD being 'optional' and there will be consumer confusion, as people won't be sure if the games they want will work w/o the HD, or will run at full capacity w/o the HD.

Developers will be crippled too, and most will probably choose NOT to include features that need the HD since this will piss off the consumers that were too cheap to buy the more expensive pack. Face it, HD did wonders for Xbox 1, it really was a great feature, and should be included in ALL consoles for the benefits it provides.

The image I've had in my head since E3, has only gotten clearer now... I see Bill Gates and J Allard digging a hole... they're digging... and digging.... and if they don't stop digging, they will bury any chances the 360 had of even being a contender this time around.

No, not the same as sstandard flash media. these were actually solid state IDE devices that were recognized and worked exactly the same way as an IDE HDD, just silently and with much less power consumption...

Back