Wow Anyone Saw This??????

Steve-O

http://www.hahotech.com/english/en_flu.htm

http://www.hahotech.com/english/en_pro7.htm

Then go down and theres a thing called Accessary Type Flu....
As you can see it slots into the EXT Port..... hhmmmm

proflu_ima02.gif

are these available or did they not make any?????

well what the hells up with that GP at the top of the page, for left handers??? The pads on the wrong side of the GP.

and looking at it the thing that plugs into the ext port also plugs into the screen, so a new screen would be needed. Would be nice if its easy to do yourself.

extremegamer posted on Feb 5 2004 at 04:00 PM said:
well what the hells up with that GP at the top of the page, for left handers??? The pads on the wrong side of the GP.
think thats just a drawing error or something.... anyway just noticed that You also get to keep use the EXT Port while its connected, not like when you use a home made Worm light.............

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I wonder if they let you purchase the ACTUAL FLU from them? Be great for those who want to mod their own GP32 or repair a broken FLU.
::EDIT:: They also have a brighter version. Super FLU!

bringoutthegimp posted on Feb 5 2004 at 04:47 PM said:
is that light add-on for sale? or is it just a concept
I hope to God its for Sale :D.... Looks much better than having a Worm light over the screen lol :D

Maybe Craig from GBAX has got more information... hhmmm

I sent them an email, lets hope they rely!

everyone should email them and ask contact@hahotech.com

They'll see we all want one.

its not just a light, its a light and a whole screen replacement. it plugs into the ext port, then plugs into the screen and lites up the screen that way, the lights are in the screen, its not shining on the screen

extremegamer posted on Feb 5 2004 at 05:09 PM said:
its not just a light, its a light and a whole screen replacement. it plugs into the ext port, then plugs into the screen and lites up the screen that way, the lights are in the screen, its not shining on the screen
Please tell me how you know this

Then why not just sell the first FLU screen replacement kit?
My theories are it either replaces the plastic surround, or it sticks on to it (which is my guess). Hahotech actualy fit the FLU's for gamepark, so I guess the extra easy module might actually happen.
I'm fairly sure some people sent their non-FLU's to Hahotech last year to get the light fitted. Can't remember how much it was though,Craig would know.

First of all go here flu specs see how it says 2 LED used for the light, next look at the diagram, it has the LED in the screen, not to hard to figure out when you look at the diagram, also look at the picture, where it normally says GamePark below the screen, now has a plug.

I think that is just a new surround for the screen. I don't think it will involve installing a whole new screen

the lights are in the screen, its not shining on the screen
??????????????? What???????????????? :D....... So its just a lump of plastic that you plug into your EXT Port your saying????

The pics didnt show a new screen, the description didnt mention anything about a new screen WTF ?? :blink: :blink: :blink:

VERY interesting idea. Looking at the drawings looks like you have to remove the existing acrylic protective screen and the grey bezel that fits around it, just like you were replacing the protective screen.
Then, you fit the FLU kit in its place.
The FLU kit is comprised of an LGP (Light Guiding Plate) - basically a prismatic plate that conducts light from a source (the LEDs on the side of the LGP plate) and uniformly reflects the light - only in one direction - over the LCD under it while maintaining its transparency.
The light for the LEDs comes from the EXT connector in the same way that the Wormlight does, I imagine. Pluse they included a bypass connector to keep the EXT port free.
It's a pretty simple concept and should work. I want to see when this beauty produced.
Apparently HAHOTECH even has part numbers for it.
HT-FLU035-GCB01AR - to be fitted inside the GP32 (the current FLU?)
HT-FLU035-GCB02AR - the described kit to be fitted outside the GP32.

It's definatly a new screen cover. According to the screen replacement guide...

http://www.gbax.com/screenhowto.html

it's easy to remove the screen covering then replace it with this flu with lights installed in it and plug in the connector that connects the ext power to the FLU. if you look at the picture you can see they tried to show the non native GP32 parts on the front by shading them.

And of course the obvious proof if you just look at the bottom of the unit in their diagram to see the connection.

here's a close up:
flu.jpg

I was taking an educated guess because the diagram has the LED's in the lower corners of the screen, not the screen protector, the screen itself, then it diagrams the different layers of the screen and how the light would reflect.

I hope that's real! That means I could buy a gp32 without a flood in a few months, then when june comes around (long road trip) I can get this! (as opposed to waiting until june until I have enough for a flu one :)

from what the site says, they seem to be a Korean start up company developing display technologies... The starting capital is like $420,000 so they arnt big and having applied just applied for a patent on this FLU I'd suspect they;re looking for either an investor or a partner.

If they start selling these I wouldn't be surprised to see it for for $25 - $45 (US)

Back