Aleph One Port

whiskthecat posted on Aug 8 2006 at 08:30 PM said:
grahf posted on Aug 4 2006 at 03:07 PM said:
man, real-life save states would be the bees knees.
I didnt even know bees had knees. :lol:
Which is why it would be just as cool to have real-life save states as it would to have bees with knees. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't work on my GP2X.... I get a black screen for a couple of seconds, then get kicked back out to the main menu.

I've downloaded the alpre02 file and the M1A1 and unzipped that and put the M1A1 file in the Data folder that alpre02 created.

I'm also using firmware 2.0.0.

:huh:

Judland posted on Aug 26 2006 at 08:16 PM said:
Doesn't work on my GP2X.... I get a black screen for a couple of seconds, then get kicked back out to the main menu.

I've downloaded the alpre02 file and the M1A1 and unzipped that and put the M1A1 file in the Data folder that alpre02 created.

I'm also using firmware 2.0.0.

:huh:

I think you have to muck around with M1A1 to get it to work, there was something on the wiki if I remember rightly. tbh i've only ever tested it with the second one (naughty I know).

As soon as DaveC stops finding bugs ( :) ) in the release version of IN2X i'll be back on this and get (hopefully) release 1 out.

Cheers.....

The control scheme is terrible! How do I fix it?

[edit] read the thread. It's good to know the controls will be fixed soon, and I am hoping for a way to save my game and select between multiple scenarios.

Nemesis/112 posted on Aug 26 2006 at 06:32 PM said:
Judland posted on Aug 26 2006 at 08:16 PM said:

I think you have to muck around with M1A1 to get it to work, there was something on the wiki if I remember rightly.

I have the same problem w aleph1, altho the 2nd and 3rd seem to get up and running. But the first one is the one I want to try the most!

Could anyone give better fix advice than "muck around"?!?! Please, that's not very descriptive or helpful in the least! No offence, I just wouldn't know wharere to begin "mucking"...

Also, the menu font is EXTREMELY small, I can't make out anything, and the controls are a mystery as well. Is there some sort of doc for all this? I'd love to have a real crack at this game! Blows the shorts off Doom, thanks!

awyeah posted on Sep 2 2006 at 09:03 AM said:
For the people trying to get M1A1 working, the instructions are posted on the Aleph One GP2X Wiki

:lol:
Thanks for that info. I actually did poke around afterwards and find that. Which makes me ask, how come such *simple* info couldn't have been written into an extremely short "READTHISFIRST.txt" file? I mean, come on, renaming half a dozen files? How hard is that? That and the button config.... Has THE INTERNET (and Wikipedia) become the first-last-and-always place to store information? What is so hard about putting a little pertinent info along with the file it relates to? Sorry, just really confused. Those darn kids and their Internet, I guess I just never will understand them.

One other genuine Q, what does it mean when the little white cursor shows up? It looks like a major lock-up, or is it just an incredibly long load time? There's very little in the way of info about what's happening at any given point in this conversion/game.

gamefan999 posted on Sep 2 2006 at 06:04 PM said:
Which makes me ask at how come such *simple* info couldn't have been written into an extremely short "READTHISFIRST.txt" file? I mean, come on, renaming half a dozen files? How hard is that? That and the button config.... Has THE INTERNET (and Wikipedia) become the first-last-and-always place to store information? What is so hard about putting a little pertinent info along with the file it relates to?
There´s no official release yet. That´s why it hasn´t a proper readme.

Back