Wormlight guide....

thanks for the advise..maybe I ll look to ebay for the light needs....the other one I bought direct from Nyko....

Or even if you wanted me too I could modify an existing wormlight some of you who have GBA's or GB's might own.

More ideas guys...keep them coming!

Worm lights are £1.99 here but I've heard you can buy them for £1.00 from some of the Brit "Pound Shops" (I wonder what'll happen to these shops when we start using the Euro? "1.75 Euro Shop"?! Hmmm).

Anyone in the UK wanna make a load and sell them? I may be able to source a cheap place to get the lights.

that would be great...anything to lower the intial cost of the parts I need to make the wormlights. If there is a place, a link that sells them cheap.....let me see it. After that, I ll conclude whether or not its worth your time, and mine to build these lights in mass. any more ideas?

so you gonna produce em.

i still dont see though, how could the light not block the screen when it's right above it.

anywho, is it possible to twist it around the gp32 so it would come from the back of the screen?

you can angle the light from the side of the Gp32. This allows you to not have a glar or washed out dead area on the screen...plus it gives you a better clearer picture.

Hmm I emailed HJi&C but they haven't replyed :( Probabily too many people emailed them asking so there just going to ignore the emails asking now :(

TFC

you people ruined it

besides you can probaly find them on auction sites for less than $5

I am sure because EVERYBODY asked for a sample...I am sure the company won't just give you the samples any more without a price.

ALso, Seth, if you think you can find those connectors cheap on ebay or an auction...you must be dreaming. I have seen those connectors for $9 us a piece. its a little expensive. BUT if you can find them good luck.

In the mean time, I will continue to work on this light, and post some pics when I am done....if you guys are impressed, then maybe I will make a few more and sell them. I don't expect these to be in high demand though. We will just have to see how the next adaptation goes... :D :huh: :blink:

Just an update for anyone that cares ...I received the other experimental wormlight in the mail today. I will try adapting it to my GP32 and see if I can make it any brighter. I will later post pictures of this light and show you guys what it looks like. Give me about 2-4 days to throw this thing together and I ll tell you all about it in a quicky review of how it works! Later

Just an update for anyone that cares ...I received the other experimental wormlight in the mail today. I will try adapting it to my GP32 and see if I can make it any brighter. I will later post pictures of this light and show you guys what it looks like. Give me about 2-4 days to throw this thing together and I ll tell you all about it in a quicky review of how it works! Later
I will be very interested in the results :D , As i have a non-FLU GP32 :( .

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
ehich one do i buy on the link for the connector and which one works on the gp32 the cell phone connector or the other ones in the package im not sure what the hell im talking about lol. also what wormlight is good to use. also wheres the guide.

ehich one do i buy on the link for the connector and which one works on the gp32 the cell phone connector or the other ones in the package im not sure what the hell im talking about lol. also what wormlight is good to use. also wheres the guide.
Read TJFBryant posts, all the info is in there, Or at least will be. :D

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the new IMPROVED WORMLIGHT IS COMPLETE!!
and YES, Man is it brighter than before.

I wish I could post my pictures I have of this thing, but its unfortunate that I do not have a URl to post on images on. If I could copy and paste them to the message it would be so much easier.

The light is about 60 -65% BRIGHTER than my first adaptation. The clarity of the screen is about 95-100%. There is ZERO glare (unless you put the light angled directly above the screen. PLus it only causes about 2-5% of bright light washout on the screen. Its looking Damn good considering its the first time I ever soldered ANYTHING.
SO I suppose if any of you guys want to see what it looks like lit in pitch darkness, you can private message me and I ll email you 2 quick pictures. I still have 3 more connectors left, I am still deciding whether I am going to make more for people who want them and sell them, or perhaps make an even trade, (i.e a wormlight for a game or application). OR even if you guys want to understand how to make these very good lights....I can help with questions...its all up to you. I ll post a quick FULL review on the light very soon.

TJFBryant: Send me the pics and ill upload em and post them here for you :) May even post a little news on gp32emu.com once you have the review done :)

TFC

Back