Would You Be Interested In Something Like This?

When can I expect to see it? Whats taking you so long? :D
Work and other projects :D I can't promise a date for this, could be as late as June, or maybe even later, who knows. I'll see how things go, right now I'm in the middle of working on some other things.

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Wipeout sucks.

I don't know what the deal is with everyone wanting wipeout. The controls were awful and floaty, the AI was unfair, the game just blew the big one. All it had going for it was speed and framerate, a nice tech demo.

You would be better off going for someting like Stunt car or anything else for that matter.

Wipeout sucks.

I don't know what the deal is with everyone wanting wipeout. The controls were awful and floaty, the AI was unfair, the game just blew the big one. All it had going for it was speed and framerate, a nice tech demo.

You would be better off going for someting like Stunt car or anything else for that matter.

Agreed - I actually meant Wipeout 2, which was much more forgiving :)

how retro will it be? - will the track twist and turn or will it predate that and have one continuous straight road dodging cars (nasty).

i vote for twists and turns people.
Twists and turns of course ;P

- Alex

What about hills and dips? I'm just not interested unless there will be hills and dips!!! :D

BTW - let me know if you need some music for it, as I would be very interested in doing something :) I think someting in the style of Krafwerk may suit it?

Alex - I've had a look at your website and seen the various incarnations of this and it looks quite promising. For me it would be great if you could recreate the feel of Revs on the BBC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REVS_(computer_game)), with a qualifying lap, and a race against other drivers. It was fairly easy to take part in a race, but to actually win was pretty hard.

I think it would be tempting to just make it a copy of pole position, but I reckon it would be worth trying to recreate something with the depth of Revs...

I think your game looks ok reminds me of S.T.U.N runner. Any chance of releasing a video so we can see roughly how fast it currently is (in general not just for gp2x).

Alex, yes. Please make this game/ finsh this! This looks great and do what was suggested from fatdad about the game being like a Wipeout racer. Would be cool. :)

No, it doesn't have hills nor dips.. the whole program is a dirty hack, if I'll come back to this I'll do a complete rewrite/reimplementation. However, with Slick and Tower Defense on my hands, I doubt this will ever see the light of day.

Gruntfuggly: you probably found the TI-89 screenshots. This version is a port of it, except that I added support for AI cars. Here's an animated screenshot of it running on the TI-89 (12mhz ;))

RRACING-ANIM0001.gif

- Alex

No, it doesn't have hills nor dips.. the whole program is a dirty hack, if I'll come back to this I'll do a complete rewrite/reimplementation. However, with Slick and Tower Defense on my hands, I doubt this will ever see the light of day.

Gruntfuggly: you probably found the TI-89 screenshots. This version is a port of it, except that I added support for AI cars. Here's an animated screenshot of it running on the TI-89 (12mhz ;))

RRACING-ANIM0001.gif

- Alex

Looks good imglad its no wipeout there boring r4eminds of of "night race®" on the vic 20 only with better graphics

Back