Worth Buyin A N-gage..

Hmm, had a look and to be honest. The only things that make it better than my gp are the things you can do with the bluetooth, the origional games (which don't interest me) and the size of it. I'll wait for something else I think.

well, if u consider this,

I always carry a mobile.

With the ngage i get a decent triband with gprs phone,
very good games (believe it they are, and they're getting better too !)
good quality mp3 player
radio
proper web access
movie player
irc client
several emulators
msn and icq (and others)

all in 1 box that i would be carrying anyway

theres plenty of ngage haters around that have never used one, suits me cos it meant the price was driven low. 50 quid brand new for all those features is mad.

If you can, borrow one and play ghost recon, tiger woods, fifa 2004, crash nitro kart etc etc.. a couple of minutes on tomb raider in a store just doesnt do it justice :)

Its not perfect by anymeans but it suits me down to the ground

Played it for a while in GAME/ Gamestation. Its the screen... its just wrong.

I need a big screen and simple button layout. Its fine for me having my GP32 in my bag and my phone in my pocket.

i have a gp32 (well actually i have about 50 of em here right now) and i love it, when i have it, its just i * always * have my phone with me. shouldnt really compare it, its a different beast.

The screen is clear, sharp and well lit. Its a little small, yes and its a bit odd playing games in portrait mode but the game designers have used this to their advantage.

I don't know too much about phones but does GPRS basically mean I can play people anywhere or just close by range?

I'm back ( .. "hey sonic! long time no see hu?" )

A couple of days ago I bought a used N-gage with a 64Mb MMC included.
I've tested a few games and apps with my girlfriend and down this page I'll give you the first version of my "N-gage pro's and con's list"

PRO's (+)

+ Nice looking unit!
+ Fits nice in my pocket (better than expected ;)
+ The screen seems(is) highres
+ Easy to navigate in the menus
+ Great Radio
+ Easy to write SMS / text! Simple and fast !
+ Excellent MP3 quality (when using headphones)
+ Listen to music/radio when writing SMS / using apps and stuff (at the same time)
+ Thps, The Sims (my gf loves it ;), Super Monkey Ball, Rayman 3 - all great games!
+ Easy to install software / connect to the computer
+ MSN/AOL/ICQ/MIRC clients available
+ Can pause in games and go to the "Phone menu" to use other apps and stuff
(+ The MMC cards is rather cheap now ^^ )

CON's (-)

- The Battery Capacity - The big CON!.. well, it's ok if you not playing games and using the Mp3/radio constantly. But when u do the battery drains out fast, way to fast.. maybe just in 3-4 hours.

- Some games are not suitable for the N-gage Screen (Sonic N as an example)
- Can't plug in ordinary headphones without using a special cable/"adaptor"
- The included handsfree is "Ok" but very very plastic
- Some of the buttons are way to "hard" for looong gaming sessions (the fingers hurts little)
- Lack of great 2D games (just love Rayman 3 though ;)

+/- Sidetalking - I think that sidetalking is not that bad that ppl says, it's ugly blabla.. sure! but it Works PERFECT and you could always use the handsfree or the built in speaker instead! But yeah, IT'S UGLY AND YOU LOOK KIND OF FUNNY SIDTALKING ;) (.. would also be ugly talking normaly cuz the N-gage is formed as a gaming device )

+/- Even though the screen is not as big as the Gp32 screen it's OK. Highres and well enlightened.. but It's kind of fucked up that it's not wider and In the same shape as a ordinary phone..

Conclusion: rather nice device after all! I have fun using the N-gage and will spend more time testing games/apps. Think I'm going to use it constantly if I get MSN and IRC to work (my SIM-card is fucked :/ ) Some of the N-gage games are really good (and some are no more then crap) and the Mp3 player/radio works really good! I've heard some rumors about better batteris for the N-gage and I'm going to check it out, maybe I can use the QD one? Going to find out cuz it's MUCH better :D Maybe someone knows anything about it?

Note: I'm NOT going to test the N-gage emulators cuz I'm rather playing my favourite old games on my Gp32! Just love the Gp32 Screen.. after using my N-gage a while the gp32 screen looks giant ;) Now I badly want a Blu ;> hehe

Edit: Sorry about my crappy english ;D Took some time writing this post even though I've not checked my spelling and stuff ;>

but considering the ngage qd sim free is half the price of the 6600 sim free i think a qd is a good deal, is the qd a lot smaller than the original ngage? im seriously thinking about getting one, i have a 5100 at the moment, its crap.

Err I am saving up for mine at the moment. It just look so damn cool! Plus Heli Attack 2 is on it(I love that game).

I finally got a qd yesterday! i couldnt believe how small it was, and the best of it is how amazing genesis emulation is on it! i strongly reccomend buying one.

Back