Picodrive On N-gage

i can't wait for n-gage to be like 20 dollars on ebay
it sounds like its worth buying just for picodrive

CrazyDesi I originally got my n-gage for 2 reasons
1/ At the time it was verry cheap (around £70 new unlocked to all networks)
2/ wanted a symbion phone because of the features

It is verry good I would recommend it to anyone the only thing i didnt like was the OK button you have to press in the Dpad (kinda awkward)

From what I have seen people that actually own it say its a very good thing to have.

I borrowed one from a mate for about a week... not bad at all... Tiny screen doesnt bother me after a while.

Like someone said... when they get cheap enough I might get one.

I actually need a phone so I might get the 6600 or the QD. Anyone played the mmorpg on ngage?

edit 2: would snes or nes ever b possible on symbian phones? coz they mega drive/ genesis. and would full speed be the same on a ericsson p800?

nes is quite good on n-gage not sure if it works on other symbian phones

CrazyDesi posted on Aug 1 2004 at 03:13 AM said:
From what I have seen people that actually own it say its a very good thing to have.
Yep. I'm pleased with mine. So you can shove your 'ngayge' pettiness where the sun doesn't shine. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
zelda doesnt work 4 me :(

guilty gear x adavnce works upto comming level screen.

edit: shit wrong topic, i had 2 windows open and this should be in the gpadv progress report tread. sorry, could sum1 please delete this post.

Im getting one when they are dirt cheap, purely to play Tomb Raider. It would never replace my gp32 though, I doubt if I would ever use it for emulation, except when I cant bring my gp32, the screen is just too small.

BTW, Great work fDave, I thought that would be impossible.

fdave posted on Aug 1 2004 at 12:38 AM said:
Huxley posted on Jul 31 2004 at 11:31 PM said:
Axeman posted on Jul 31 2004 at 11:18 PM said:
Seems to be full sound - on all games...
Man, that's just ridiculous!

A megadrive on a mobile phone...anyone ever get the feeling that we're living in future from a 1980's sci-fi film?

Hello,

Guys you do realise that's me again? This page should explain things:
http://www.finalburn.com/cyclone/ports.html
It's just another port of PicoDrive

A mobile phone has a very fast ARM chip just like the GP32, hence you can port PicoDrive to it.

It doesn't have full sound on full games, it's exactly the same as GigaDrive, except it's a bit more choppy. That's screen issues I think.

Dave.
There we go! All explained :)

Sorry dave - I thought the sound was better than it is..!

Must have tried a few games that already had sound. I'm sure I could hear the Z80-type-sound too though!!

Will have to mess around with it a bit more.

i tryied to get sensi soccer and slapfight to work on it....they get to the same place as fgen and gigadrive...and then crash.
yet sonic 3 work's on both my gp32 and nokia 6600.
bollox ah!!!

finty101 posted on Aug 1 2004 at 08:52 AM said:
Im getting one when they are dirt cheap, purely to play Tomb Raider. It would never replace my gp32 though, I doubt if I would ever use it for emulation, except when I cant bring my gp32, the screen is just too small.

BTW, Great work fDave, I thought that would be impossible.
also thank 'lars' the guy who ported picodrive to symbian series 60!

He also might have put the FM core from Gens is (the one in fGen32), hence better sound at the expense of a bit of speed? don't know

Back