Worst Games From Nes Onward

monkeyo2 said:
Sure, there are loads of games that are less well executed and that others may think much worse than Guitar Hero, but at least you got to kill something, blow something up, crash into something, make some blocks disappear, walk into walls, jump into a spiked pit or just type in swear words.

You can't do any of those things in Big Rigs.

marioweezer said:
Seriously, is anything worse than 'Big Rigs' for the PC? Zero collision detection!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rmhdaOiI2zs

Last edited by a moderator:
chole said:
OP might be talking about the Xbox 360 "Bionic Commando", not the NES game with the same name. It is, in fact, supposed to be fairly terrible.
Oh I see, I hadn't thought of that. Too bad it isn't very good, I'm really pleased that Capcom is taking these sort of chances. It really made my day when I found out they were making megaman 9.

Dragon's Lair ;_; I just hate it..

But about some of the worst games..
My friend had CD-i and Link : Faces of Evil, so I tried them and you know.. The game is actually really good! Sure it has akward controls, but if you ingore them, the game is actually good =)
I played it from start to end.. And whole time was thinking "What this game is actually good!"

When you say you arnt good at a game and hate it you opinion is instantly nullified.

Xardion - SNES: total. pile. of shit.

They spent more time designing the mech than they did making the actual game. It's filled with sub par programing, poor collision detection, unforgivably bad level design, horribly bland storyline with inexplicable typos/grammatical errors... Have you ever played a game that made you so angry that you wanted to dominate it's existence? Beat the thing in a single day so you could destroy it afterward? I was 85% completed with the game (cursing it to hell the entire time) When I literally got trapped in a blind deadend. I tapped the reset button on my SNES and it jumped me to the title screen "luckily" with the continue option still available (dont ask me how). I continued to play and die several more times until one time the continue option just wasnt even there! No reason, no explanation, it just seems like the game forgot it had unlimited continues. I attempted to return the game to Toys R us to get my money back saying the game was defective. They proceeded to pull out another copy and break the shrink wrap and hand it back. It was like trying to throw away a shit cover boomerang and I walked out infuriated. Eventually my God mother was nice enough to take the game and sell it to an unsuspecting patsy to finally remove it from my life.

monkeyo2 said:
Guitar Hero.

If I want to tap my finger along with a tune, I don't want a ****ing computer telling me I'm doing it wrong!

Sure, there are loads of games that are less well executed and that others may think much worse than Guitar Hero, but at least you got to kill something, blow something up, crash into something, make some blocks disappear, walk into walls, jump into a spiked pit or just type in swear words.

Guitar Hero appears to me to be the video game equivalent of standing in front of a mirror with a tennis racket and pretending you're Jimi/Slash/whoever, but not nearly as much fun. Pretending to play a guitar with a tennis racket isn't considered cool (I think), why is pretending to play a guitar with a big, stupid, overpriced game controller so popular?

Also, I'm not very good at it, but I don't care, because I think it's a stupid game and I don't like it!
MUST... FIGHT... BACK... THE... RAGE..... GUITAR... HERO.... BEST... GAME... EVAR!!!!!!

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... ok I'm better

I respectfully disagree sir.

EDIT: oh forgot my vote... waterworld was (IMO a great movie) but tragically horrible game..

on the worst console as well virtual boy... Oh how I wish I could just forget you

What about most of the awful Barbie games and games based on movies or games based on TV shows or games based on celebrities that have nothing to do with what they're popular for (shaq fu)?

here.

i had to suffer with some of those kind of games in my childhood.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tompkins355#p/

Ithink I played dragons lair and thought it was rubbish too

and guitar hero, tbh iv never properly played it, but it just looks piss poor lol - only one of those type of games runs for me and that is the classic Parapa the Rapper, that was dope

for me, ANY football manager game, sure they've been released on all systems but I can't stand them, boriiiiiiiiiing

crade said:
chole said:
OP might be talking about the Xbox 360 "Bionic Commando", not the NES game with the same name. It is, in fact, supposed to be fairly terrible.
Oh I see, I hadn't thought of that. Too bad it isn't very good, I'm really pleased that Capcom is taking these sort of chances. It really made my day when I found out they were making megaman 9.
yea i should of been more clear it was the 360 version i was talking about with your bionic arm being the center of the game it should of been very natural instead it was like trying to use an old broom shoved into your empty socket.

iprice said:
JayFoxRox said:
And why is it in the pandora section?

- Can't decide the which is the worse game, but zelda: oot seems very stupid storywise to me and the gameplay is horrible at times. I'm playing through it atm and had to burst out laughing when the domina-fairy appeared to teach me new "sword-tricks" which work because of her "magic". Also the whole game is like: walk from here to there, then go back where you came from just to get told to walk back another time etc. Its by far not the worst game, but its not too good neither.

Seriously?

LOZ:OOT is considered one of the greatest games of all time, and one of my personal faves. There's no way you can describe it as a bad game - sure you can say you don't like/enjoy it, but that doesn't make it a bad game. The way I see a bad game is that it has no redeemable gameplay of any value - something like Rise Of The Robots. Something where the whole package is so seriously flawed that you'll never go back to it. By your admission, you are sticking with LOZ:OOT, so it has something worth going back to; hence not a bad game. ;)

I played oot at a friends place when I was younger and loved it. However, I recently completed SM64 and now starting playing oot again. Both games have some similarities but SM64 is by far better as its unique and has good gameplay (sometimes you jump of a box without wanting it - but its ok). Zelda on the other hand is said to be great and lots of people love it. I have to agree: The puzzles are great and some of the challenges are fun. But in the end its a collection of ok-ish minigames, somewhat worse control than mario (because sometimes you jump off even tho you didn't want it; you can't aim at some enemies; you run into some walls with spikes on it just because the camera snaps around) and last but not least: the story is stupid. Seriously.. play it again - basicly the game starts of with you having to talk to people in your village. You can't even skip the intro before and until you are done with talking to the other characters you must have spent at least 30 minutes reading slowly appearing text which is always: "Hi ***. Do you remember me? I'm *** [and we will probably never have to do with each other again]". Very few people give you useful informations so you have to go to every person and see what they have for you - this can (and imo is) EXTREMLY boring. Once you arrive in the deku tree things get a little better - gameplay is fun, you are happy that you can get past the puzzles. But once you are out in the wild (don't know the english name 'Hylianische Steppe') its just plain boring.
You are heading to hyrule which - again - takes about 1-2 minutes which is just holding your analog stick forward (or in my case: side stepping to be faster). Once you arrive in hyrule you have to find your way to the castle to find that lon-lon farmer. The problem is: malon didn't even appear the first time so I decided to walk to a soldier to get kicked out.
Once they throw you out malon appeared for me, I talked to her and she gave me nothing the first time - I decided to spend the farmer another visit and he was still sleeping. They threw me out another time and I talked to malon another time - and only that time she gave me the egg which I was able to use to wake up her dad. But if you think about it: it takes time for the freaking egg to turn into a chicken. That was another - clueless and boring - delay.
Once you are in kakariko its like everybody wants you to go back to hyrule which takes you another 5 minutes. So basicly you spend all your time reading *boring and useless* dialogs and walking around by holding your analog in a specific direction.
[This continues almost everywhere in the game - just think about the way to jabu jabu. I almost fell asleep while that king was moving away]
This sums up the whole game to me.

Also the questions asked by the others make no sense at times. "Do I have to repeat myself?" - Well yes... because I accidently hit B which just skipped all you said. Why not just make the text appear instantly with B? I mean skipping texts in mario worked way better - why not do it similar in Zelda? Other questions are just idiotic because no-matter what you answer, the dialog changes very little but you still get the same item or informations.

"Do you want this item?" "[yes / no]"
No: "Don't be so shy - this is yours now"
Yes: "Here, that's for you"

Not to mention that it makes no sense to have something like "lasertowers" (because I lack the english term) in the zelda universe imo. It doesn't fit - at least not where they can be found.

The game is not rewarding neither - all you get is access to another region and further boring tasks. In Mario you do have the "Star Count" so you have the goal to actually find stars so you are better than your friends or just to see what you can accomplish. In zelda its just that everyone "feels" some bad force and for some strange reason everyone is sure that its caused by ganondorf - yet those fuckers are not able to collect their chickens on their own. But since nothing is wrong in the world so far there is almost no reason to do anything. The only bad thing I can think about is the stone-rain on that mountain which a scientist should check - but a child shouldn't have to do such things.

(And don't even get me started on rolling against all trees in the world to find all skultulas or the freaking owl whichs main objective seems to be to stop you from completing the game by getting you locked up in useless conversations)

darkstorm said:
Rise of the Robots.

Or street fighter 1 for DOS.
Wow, I forgot about BOTH of these. I had such high hopes for Rise of the Robots and I REALLY tried to like it.

Anyway, I always consider Yo! Noid to be one of my favorite terrible NES games.

NiGHTS - Journey of Dreams

not only an awful game but a dream-shatteringly awful sequel. :'( :(

White Van Racer - Phoenix Games - Need I say more?

There was Yaris for the Xbox 360, and then there's Super Columbine RPG.

Oi... Yikes. They need to make these 'game creator' type tools more... Advanced... *SIGH*. I am now without words.

Pleng said:
Jourdy288 said:
White Van Racer - Phoenix Games - Need I say more?

hmmm that looks suspiciously like a 3D Game Creator game!

no, darkbasic or dark sdk (is thats how they call it?) could have been possible if it wasn't for playstation. 3DGM doesn't allow you to have diagonals - its all cubes. Also you can't have menus complex as this (at-least mine can't - Yes, I admit that I own a copy. I bought it when it came out and expected more than that..)

I`ve said it before, And i`ll say it again, FATMAN the caped consumer on any system (Megadrive, Amiga and PC IIRC).
It is one of the (If not the) most completely shit games i have ever had the misfortune of playing.

Trooper

Evolution for Dreamcast sucked balls.

all the shit-ass ports of 360/ps3 games for the DS. Why do they bother?

oh and like nearly EVERY Hollywood movie based game for all systems but particularly for the DS... except some Star Wars games but even a lot of those suck. as a rule I generally steer clear of movie games.

Back