Best & Worst Game Endings ....

satanic virus

Website
Visit site
Simply, what are the best and worst game endings you have experienced on any console?

It does not matter if you cheated to get there, but what was on the screen?!

I remember finishing Shadow of The Beast on the Amiga years ago (virtually impossible game, could not do it now) and all I got was a congratulations screen - utter crap! Whereas with Double Dragon in arcade I felt I achieved something (apart from spending loads of credits <_< )

Name your best and worst endings you have seen to date ..

CONGLATURATION!
YOU HAVE COMPLETED A GREAT GAME, or something like that. From Ghostbusters on NES as seen on the angry whatever nerd video, the game is so pure shit that it makes you mad.

:lol: I know how you feel!

So many games have crap endings it is not funny. It seems like developers ran out of time/ money or else thought no one would actually complete their games!

best ending has to be ocarina of time.
worst ending has to be Turok dinosaur hunter 10 minutes of looking at a building.

wow both N64 games ...

my fondest ending has to be streets of rage where if you played 2 player and 1 says "no" at the very end you have to fight it out against the other player for the ultimate in good vs evil <_<

Worst ending: Legacy of the Wizard (NES) ... it took us months to get to the end:

legw5tu7.gif

2- frame 'dancing' animation, followed by credits. :lol:

Best was probably FF7 ... or maybe FF9.

[edit: picture removed see below

Sorry the dancing thing reminded me of the SF2 Zangief enging :lol:

yeah that one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it was in retro gamer (1 or 2 issues ago , i got left behind) as best "fight ending ever!"

For me one of the best game endings ever was the Secret of Monkey Island 2. What a funny twist to it all :)

Another good one is Spyro the Dragon, complete the game and you're taken on a little tour of the dragon kingdoms, after that you get the chance to go back and collect all the gems you missed and then you get a bonus level, and then another tour of the kingdoms.

And the worst ending was Resident Evil: Dead Aim. If I remember correctly, the game just sorta ends. I was very miffed.

Worse ending = any game that just says "To Be continued"

Even worse ending = any game that says "To Be Continued..." and never is

some game on the c64 that just crashed/reset the computer upon killing the last enemy. i'll try to remember its name

WarmFluffyUK said:
For me one of the best game endings ever was the Secret of Monkey Island 2. What a funny twist to it all :)
Do you mean the best or the worst? :blink:

For me, it's one of the worst game endings ever.

Oh, and the ending of Alex Kidd in miracle world. Great game but the ending is a text telling how happy they are now, followed by a "Game over" screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
efegea said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Do you mean the best or the worst? :blink:

For me, it's one of the worst game endings ever.

Oh, and the ending of Alex Kidd in miracle world. Great game but the ending is a text telling how happy they are now, followed by a "Game over" screen.

No that's the best ending ever, you will also note that I mentioned the worst one as well :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the Zero Wing Intro when i used to play it through my Dreamcast. 'All your base are belong to us!' Brilliant translation.

One of the worst endings in a game for me was KOTOR 2. That was terrible. And blatantly obvious that they are going to go back and make another one.

I can't remember much of it, but from what I remember I liked the ending to Beyond Good and Evil. Fantastic game. Just a shame that the sequel hinted to at the end of the first one will neevr happen. :(

Mostly all Atari XE/XL games from Poland [ LK. Avalon / Mirage / ASF prods ], have only "congratulations, you passed the game" or something similiar. That's suck, coz i spent many hr's to complete the game, and only thing the game offers me is "congratulations" text.

But the funniest game ending i saw on good ol PsOne Console , when i played "Simple 1500: The Sniper". The funniest thing is: The congratulations screen appears 10 minutes after playing [ really ], because The Sniper can be completed in 10 minutes. ...Thats sucks, really

Back