World News Thread (Politics,whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could donate his antibody-filled blood as a goodwill gesture.

194286460-194284485-ecc24d0491264d5b93591a175f775a70-t800.jpg

About that COVID-19 spike I'm expecting... This article says my county has already seen COVID-19 hospitalizations triple over the past month. Welp.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Trump will spread his immunity. He could donate his antibody-filled blood as a goodwill gesture.
You must be a huge fan of Trump to want his blood in your veins. I think that a blood transfusion is riskier than COVID-19 is.

The single greatest step we Americans could take to make life tougher for terrorists would be to ensure that all the information in myriad government databases was copied into a single, comprehensive national security database,
I do not think that giving terrorists all your information would make life harder for terrorists. I think that it would make their job much easier. Unless he's just doing PR for the government I really do not understand this kind of thinking. Has there not been enough corruption in governments to know that governments are not infallible gods but can become corrupt just like any other organisation?

I think that it would make their job much easier.
There is software, like Splunk, to wade through all the data and query exactly what you want. However, it needs STRUCTURED data, and usually, our data is not.
Should we want to index that, like google search does, then for Linux there is:
On windows, although old and unmaintained, docfetcher does all I need (http://docfetcher.sourceforge.net/en/index.html). If I search for "yabadadoo" it will find the mp3, some perl code containing a variable named $yabadabadoo, and the doc with lyrics.
I trust it more indexing my data than windows 10.

I can't find a good article about it, but televangelist Pat Robertson said God told him that Trump will win the election, and that this event will mark the beginning of the "end times".

On the plus side, I guess we no longer have to worry about climate change.

Code:
https://www.statewatch.org/media/1415/eu-council-esg-pan-european-surveillance-lewp-support-11519-20.pdf

some of the results of the zero tolerance policy from Trump -- as a parent, this just floors me. i can't believe i'm living in a world where people thought this was ok.

Interpolating the climate change, it means, it will get colder (maybe that's why we have "the pause"), but after the 100 years are over, and the sun goes warm again... I expect a large spike towards global warming (because of the accumulated greenhouse gases, in those 100 years).

Maybe we'll build more into the earth and grow huge areas of forest. That would get a lot of CO_2 bound again.

We still need a fair bit of land to grow the crops for humans and our pets. You can do that underground, but it's orders of magnitude less effective than doing it on the surface. But getting all our houses underground with piped light seems more plausible and would free up space for reforestry. We'd just need to get off using hydrocarbons for heating and cooking first, and indeed any kind of fire underground if it's full of books and computers and other things that burn well could knock a plan off it's feet quickly.

I've been told, we'd need much less area, if we stopped growing meat to eat.
Yes, that's why I said crops, rather than meat. If we still wanted housecats we'd need to rear meat I think, but hopefully that wouldn't need many farms.
We still know how to split atoms.
True, but I'd not want a RTG providing my central heating if it's all the same to you.

Spirulina comes from green-blue algae, which to the best of my knowledge get their energy from sunlight. We could reserve the surface for a mix of trees, presumably still solar panels and electric windmills, and freshwater farms growing the blue green algae for our space pills, but that's quite a dramatic shifting of our daily lives and I'm honestly not sure what the effects would be on our mental health, but thankfully for me at least I don't think I'll still be alive if this ever comes to be our real future. But as speculation of what our body needs, we'd presumably still need sources for the higher number B vitamins (spirulina is apparently for B1-B3 but not much else in the B vitamins), and other minerals like selenium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back