World News Thread (Politics,whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if Onkle Donald gets "impeached" out of the White House?? , I know he isnt Präsident anymore, but will he then also get expliered (disqualifiziert) of the next elections ??

The donald's only been impeached thus far in the same way that Clinton did, it doesn't actually mean anything unless the senate comes down on him and convicts him or whatever it's called. I'm not sure if that stops anyone running for the next term, but in practice this is going to drag on so long that if he gets a second term he's going to get one before this gets decided anyway.

The funny thing, as far as I know, is that he's not actually denying anything. He just doesn't believe he did anything wrong.

I doubt anything will happen. I would be happy to be proved wrong...

It would be most likely up to the American public to decide what happens next.

Reactions: rSl
The donald's only been impeached thus far in the same way that Clinton did, it doesn't actually mean anything unless the senate comes down on him and convicts him or whatever it's called. I'm not sure if that stops anyone running for the next term, but in practice this is going to drag on so long that if he gets a second term he's going to get one before this gets decided anyway.
And Bill Clinton didn't make such a noise about the actual Impeachment unlike Donald and the Reps do. Double standards at it's best. Once, the republicans were pretty fast with the impeachment trial of Bill Clinton. And compared to what Donald did, Bill "only" had Sex with an intern. Which sounds like a normal day for Donald Trump. Now the president and the Rep. Party riot even before the decission for an impeachment even was made. Is there no Rep with moral and integrity?

Clinton's presidency was definitely in the pre-social media days though, pre-facebook even, not just pre-twitter. It's hard to say how noisy he'd be on twitter like the current incumbent. Certainly whenever he was on tv he was going on about 'not having sexual intercourse', to the degree that I think the TV channels didn't interview him that often, and I don't honestly know what fox news was like back then.

But yeah, his offence pales into insignificance compared with the kind of thing Mr Trump does on a seemingly daily basis. The only republicans I've heard so far are Mitch McConnell who seems to be trying to say he believes that practically black is white, but we'll have to see how the electorate at large take such brazenness. So far what I'm hearing is it might not matter while the economy is relatively strong somehow, even though he's not done much to help the rust belt from what I've heard.

36C3 - Technical aspects of the surveillance in and around the Ecuadorian embassy in London

more from awesome 36c3 (go watch them all!) explaining the motivation and strategies of the hongkong protesters. well done!

36C3 - What the World can learn from Hongkong

and retaliation. let's hope they de-escalate. (Trump being Trump, i don't expect that. would be nice.)

• Sad
Reactions: rSl
funny-picdump-3209-640-31.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back