World News Thread (Politics,whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Telegram Bug ‘Exploited’ By Chinese Agencies, Hong Kong Activists Claim
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdof...m-a-timely-warning-for-end-to-end-encryption/
according to the people behind telegram, it is not a bug. In public chats your phone number can be matched by those who already have your number in their contacts. So what the chinese goverment is doing is essentially feeding thousands of numbers into their equipment (phones? idk) and then use the number matching to identify users. This could probably be done with signal as well I'd guess, This sucks, because even if telegram restricts the synchronization to only a few entries, I am sure governments have the ressources to just load up several clients with the allowed number of contacts they already have and match those. Scale that up over a lot of phones and there is practically no stopping them, as all these services rely on the users phone number for identification. At least they are not able to break the message encryption, but in a dictatorship like china, even using telegram might get you thrown into jail or persecuted somehow.

image0.png

https://www.10tv.com/article/dont-k...-out-arkansas-woman-drowns-phone-911-2019-aug

Women swept away from parking lot by floodwaters.
991 at its best:
Stevens: I'm scared I've never had anything like this happen to me before.
Dispatcher: This will teach you next time don't drive in the water.
Stevens: Couldn't see it ma'am. I'm sorry or I wouldn't have.
Dispatcher: I don't see how you didn't see it, you had to go right over it, so.

Dispatcher: You're not going to die. I don't know why you're freaking out, it's okay. I know the water level is high.
Stevens: I'm scared. I'm sorry.
Dispatcher: I understand that but you freaking out, doing nothing but losing your oxygen up in there so calm down.
Stevens: When are they going to be here?
Dispatcher: As soon as they get there.
*drowns*

"I can-- absolutely no criminal we looked at that and she did nothing criminally wrong, I'm not even going to go so far as saying she violated policy,” he said.

Hey guys, bad news for JDTAY. Hurricane Dorian's forecasted path just shifted towards the Carolinas.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...olinas-florida-forecast-avoid-direct-n1048601

I'm far inland enough to avoid most of this. The real problem is that I haven't gotten groceries in a while, and now the grocery stores are going to be emptied of wares until after this passes. Hopefully I can hold out.

Best of luck to you!
My wife is currently on her way to Florida as she'll stay there for a week... that's an adventure trip, I take it :O

110ton Swiss electrical Dump Truck that creates more energy than
Ah, Mortal Engines... done right.
[doublepost=1567273706,1567269977][/doublepost]
Hopefully I can hold out.
You mean food delivery (take-out) also stops? (I checked the link, and it wont hit shore until tomorrow, right?)
Can't you go shopping more in-land? I live in Amsterdam, but often go to Rotterdam to shop (prices are lower, though barely make up for the trip's gasoline). Rotterdam has this big boat. Part restaurant, part hotel and part asian supermarket. And you can get, well, everything there, from vietnamese to indonesian, to chinese and korean. Veggies and deepfreeze stuff, etc. Or I can cross my street diagonally in under a minute and go to my local supermarket, open from 8 to 22. But it doesn't sell frozen dim-sum...

And a stash of cans? You know, that stuff that holds out for 2-3 years? Candles for when the electricity dies (is this how you say it? grid goes offline?)? A portable butane gas cooking device?
Also, check for edible plants in the neighborhood. At the end of the summer, many trees have edibles.
If you are not too shy: Go to your local shelter for homeless. You probably need to register, but can get a meal there.

For when in dire need, you can eat dandelions even the flowers are nice in a pancake batter.

Time to get a kite, you know...

Technically, it won't hit where I'm at 'til like Wednesday. People here get crazy about preparing for emergencies though. I'll let them have at it.

Reactions: rSl
People here get crazy
Ah, yeah. Forgot about that "black friday" mentality. Yeah, better stay save and don't go near. Don't you have a 7-11 near? Probably quiet around 22:00 and hopefully with some edibles, not too much, or you'll get mugged.

Sorry to spam this thread, but so much is happening atm.

Alec Holowka, the creator of "Aquaria" and "Night in the Woods" passed away this morning, most likely suicide following the many gaslighting and abuse allegations of the last days.
Regardless of how much of that is true, he obviously was a troubled mind.

He was completely removed from the gaming industry within hours of the accusations coming to light, everyone cut all business ties to him and all projects were canceled.
Not one ounce of due process, either because the officials didn't care about the allegations or were never contacted in the first place, I don't know.

twitter.com/derangedpoetess/status/1167855630385909760?s=19

Last edited:
@levi Account is suspended and wayback doesn't have it archived. What nature? Acusatory/just toxic?
@Klumpen: Here's a stance:

So, Zoe Quinn killed with a tweet.... then deleted the tweet as to be no evidence of the murder-weapon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

another opinion
and another informative opinion

In this day and age, with deepfakes and deepaudio... you should believe very little what's on the 'net.
(however, I honestly still believe the Pyra will come out in 2 months)

Last edited:
So, Zoe Quinn killed with a tweet.... then deleted the tweet as to be no evidence of the murder-weapon.
It sure looks like that.

From the comments:
She already has a very shady reputation. She obviously goes out of her way to get men to notice her and do stuff with her and then beginning this last year, to gain power, she digs up old relationships in the past like those Supreme Court liars going after Kavanaugh with zero proof, and she is now attacking ALL the men, one by one, who interfaced with her.

BTW: Quinn is doing this right after she wasted 40,000 dollars on a Japanese vacation instead of making the game she crowdfunded the money for. I guess her Patreon account needs a boost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back