World History According to Student Bloopers

Prometheus

I just found this absolute gem, and figured it was worth sharing - it's the history of the world according to errors in students' papers.

I'm cracking up laughing at some of this stuff. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
My education was based in the public school systems of California, I'm glad to see we are all in the same boat, and didn't miss out on the fun you kids must have had in the UK. I'm sure on more then one occasion people must have told me Mark Twain was a steam boat captain who freed the slaves...

may i just say, as a personal opinion...Fuck the U.N.

carry on...

Thank you! I *loved* reading that... totally cheered me up. :D

But unfortunately I'm going to have to point out a comment from a fellow forum member in the same vein:

.. but then again if I lived in africa I probally would be used to the lions ..Point is be aware of your surrondings , no matter where you live there is always something dangerous..

You have to keep an eye out for those pesky lions on your way to work... never know when they'll jump you.

[/sarcasm]

Ironically this kind of perception evokes a similar misconception in us 'people who actualy live in Africa'... I.e. that Americans are effing idiots.

My appologies to all Americans if Budweiser isn't actually American... but I'm showing my cards in that my natural assumption when a statement like that is made... is that it was made by an American.

The moral of the story: Don't believe that what you see in the movies is anything like real life. ... especially if that movie was made in America... about a foreign country / continent.

P.s. I'm really sorry. Seriously.

P.p.s. Actually no, i"m not.

LOL, I visited South Africa awhile back, was just swapping planes to get home from Zambia (you guys have a nice airport :)

But when we landed in Zambia, my sister thought the plane turned back around to NYC. Regrettably, all that most Americans know of Africa is its wilderness, flora & fauna. They know nothing of its people, culture, or cities.

Anyhow, that article was hilarious. And for some reason, I can't fix those unnecessary italics.

here you people are, complaining about stereotypes that Africa is all lions, and Finland and Sweden are all about polar bears, while America is all about cheeseburgers and French fries...

im sorry i dont understand australian, could you please translate what you said?

"¿ǝnɹʇ ʇou sʇɐɥʇ ˙˙˙ʇıɐʍ"

Back