Some Trailers For Those Who Want

ypmuts

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hiya!

Been thinking for a long time about contirbuting to the GP32 scene, but as my gigas attempt was just too flaky to even consider [really not the creative type methinks :p ]
I decided to convert some recent quicktime movie trailers, some xfiles blooper reels [dont ask me where i got 'em 'cause i don't remember and i've never found any really good prints of these so don't slam me] plus a kylie music vid

Available from the torrentbox site as a torrent download, just don't expect rockets speeds k. i'm poor on b/w but rich on errr... can't think! haha

contents of torrent file are:-
batman begins.avi 1.08 MB droooools [sorry, wipes your monitors squeeeek]
blade trinity.avi 1.96 MB
boogeyman.avi 2.64 MB
can't get you out of my head.avi 5.53 MB <<kylie for those who didn't know :D
cars teaser.avi 2.61 MB pixar's next release
constantine.avi 1.04 MB
darkness.avi 2.19 MB
elektra.avi 2.60 MB
life aquatic.avi 3.03 MB
mindhunters.avi 2.52 MB
national treasure.avi 3.15 MB
star wars 3.avi 1.75 MB yayayyyy! yoda kicks sith butt
the last shot.avi 2.65 MB
unleashed.avi 3.35 MB jet li's newest
plus
x-files bloopers/s1.avi 17.54 MB
x-files bloopers/s2.avi 24.07 MB
x-files bloopers/s3.avi 13.10 MB
x-files bloopers/s4.avi 13.52 MB
x-files bloopers/s5.avi 10.80 MB
x-files bloopers/s6.avi 10.49 MB
x-files bloopers/s6b.avi 10.26 MB << err maybe i wasn't happy with the previous re-encode?

as most of this stuff is publically available i figure i'm not breaking any rules in advertising this little lot
anyhoo..
if peeps are interested, i'm gonna torrent some unlicensed fansubbed anime too
but only unlicensed mind! so mods, please don't kick me out yet
/me runs around screaming I HAVE SO MUCH TO GIVE!!!
even if i am a notalented village idiot

and why isn't there a decent nobrainer type smilie?!

hmm, maybe more trailers and the like as well

Very nice :)

On a side note - I notice another Hikaru No Go fan :D. Have you started to play yet, or atm just watching the anime?

funny you should mention HikaGo
it's still unlicensed sooo, maybe will be the next torrent all 75 eps + both specials
watched it twice now on my gp32 and once on my pc. maybe needs another watch on gp

as for Go/Igo. yes i play. kgs. but i've been dormant for about a month or so as xmas catches up to me. consequentally, even my go blog hasn't been updated
but soon January will be my re-rebirth [i hope]

Actually, you'd be surprised; its become licensed, I'm afraid, as of a couple of months back (I just got there in time) - just AnimeSuki hasn't realised it yet because its been subbed and unlicensed for so long.

Check the subbers page on Scarywater (link removed because I realised its still a torrent site, even if a comparatively ethical one) - you'll find they're no longer hosting torrents since its become licensed, and I think its also listed on AnimeNFO as being so (but not certain).

Howe'er. I tend to play a fair bit on KGS too... or at least, watch a fair bit. I probably play once a fornight ish (because watching is fun, I find). Say hi if you notice me online - same name as here :).

Hi Tobriand,
yep HikaGo is available on dvd in japan but not in north america or here in the england so, technically it's still unlicensed. most fansubbers only stop distro on anime series that's been licensed in north america as it's all to promote these great shows outside of japan [but not doesn't apply to all fansubbing groups]. it's the manga that got licensed, by viz and i've bought and read the 2 vols over and over.... part of viz's shojo jump series
the japanese officially don't like fansubs but unofficially they do 'cause it promotes sales and awareness outside of japan. for instance full metal alchemist or samurai 7 anyone?
anyone who's into anime or manga here in england will know what a pain it is trying to find decent shows on tape or dvd. ghost in the shell stand alone complex is only recently been put on the shelves and we have to wait until feb/mar 2005 for vol2 which sucks.
and manga translations, like viz and tokyopop, are normally only available through comic stores that import from america

i always get my info from animeondvd.com or animenewsnetwork.com as animenfo is regulated more by fans instead of 'reporters' or people who contribute to mags and such. but animeondvd usually has the what-you-need-to-know info on licensing.

sorry if i seem overly informative but the fact that HikaGo is only available as a japanese import really pis..annoys me
it's one of my favorite shows and i'm still waiting [oh for a credit card!]
btw, i think there are still some torrent floating for HikaGo but as it's considered an old show now most fansubbers are only distro'ing via irc

anyhow, here's what the last news article said about viz on animeondvd:
Sunday, March 7th 2004
Viz & Hikaru no Go Goes On.... (08:40 AM EST): The 'controversry' over whether Viz actually has the anime rights to the series Hikaru no Go continues to be fairly well in dispute, even with this Animation World Magazine article, since they could potentially be shopping it around for the ShoPro division. This does give it a bit more legiticmacy, at least over the original announcement of it in the national Go Associations magazine. But with Viz, it's difficult to get license confirmations since they've sent out their press release announcements about the acquisition of series the month before the first volume was due out, which means it had been known about in retail solicitations for at least two months prior.

hope that clears it all up. viz are somewhat renowned for being vague
would you still want GPCinema HikaGo knowing this Tobriand?
lemme know
question open to anyone else for that matter

as for kgs
well, i think you may be right about watching. kinda has a sai-on-inet feel to it
i too play/watch using my gp nick. ypmuts is my fav nick and use it in most places including irc [where i haven't been for almost 10 mths!!! oh the shockhorror]
when 2005 comes into being i'll look out for you. maybe we can have a game
i'm about a 27k? i usually use my gp for some go gaming but i've been using smartgo on my pc. it has a great opponent fro training up
ugh i'm starting to think of go in ways of rpgs
i wanna level up and get the super uber god like armor with extra spikey bits!
wonder if the 4dan players where that stuff while online? hmmmm
oh the humanity!

ack..long reply!
many apa logies
i tend to dribble

/me retreats back into my dusty corner and zipps back into the sexy white jacket with EXTRA long sleeves that tie up oh so snuggly

gnite

Heheh - okiedoke. I doubt I would be, still, simply because I've already encoded as far as ep 60 myself, so getting repeats of most eps would seem pointless.

Barring the whole VBR problem, which I tend to find works out at around 3mins/ep, its just a case of spending half an hour plugging all the details into virtualdub and leaving it overnight. Usually works :)

getting back to topic...
a couple more torrents available now on torrentbox. not gonna tell ya what they are 'cause it's a secret that and i'm lazy :lol:

will be on the lookout for more trailers too
if anyones got any suggestions for trailers or student movies, let me know in this thread 'cause it's rare that i check my gp32 internal mailbox ok!

oh, and i try to squeeze stuff onto 1 128mb smc so make sure those student films aren't too long.

right! i'm off to find where the heck i burnt that alien vs predater vs batman film i found.
will go nicely with the superman one i found a while back.
if only the studios could make proper movies like these 5-10 min jobbys i'd be a happy monkey ;)

Will be going over to an irc channel soon, when I can find an appropriate place to park.
The torrent situation is disheartening so I gotta get my fserve or xdcc sorted out again.
Anyone who knows of a gamepark irc channel where I can serve this stuff, lemme know.

I blame all those magazine reporters for telling them about bittorrenting.
Still, that's life.

Stay posted.

my bittorrent account has locked me out so i've gone back to irc
irc.irchighway.net
#gp32cinema
try the xdcc bot but don't expect much chatting as RL is busy
for those still having problems unpacking the gpcinema2 fxe, i'll be adding that to the xdcc along with my vdub settings asap
sometimes my modem gets flaky and disconnects me but as soon as i notice i'll kick it back online
for more frequent updates that can't be displayed here go to The Gamepark (GP32) Cinema
my attempt at blogging
there's some links to virtualdub stuff and guides at the bottom of the page

i'm determined to give something to this community no matter how small an offering

TTFN

Back