Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 900Mhz

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

b1ueskycomp1ex

Open Sauce Fanatic & AMD Fanboy
Website
https
Select the clock speed that most closely resembles your maximum Wiz clock speed from the poll above. This is just to roughly estimate and average the clock speed the Wiz is capable of running at. Please don't flame me, as I've seen what polls looking for rough estimates turn into around here. <_<

Edit: Added more options

Some people might even go to 900Mhz.

I don't overclock often, emulators runs already well in native speed.

EDIT: I tried PCSX4ALL @900Mhz (ridge Racer) => Black screen.

Tried again at 850Mhz, works fine, I played several minutes with no issue, but I guess Wiz will heat up very fast at this speed.

I never have any problems at 800. I've went higher on some emulators and had them lockup, so I basically stop at 800 ;).

I don't recall ever really getting much past 750mhz on my old Wiz, I can't test it now since I don't have it any more.
Just, waiting on my Caanoo now.

the choices are not really good, i doubt it makes sense to list freqs under 700 (or even750) Mhz, and the resolution is very bad above 750Mhz, for example GBA emu runs well on 800MHz for me, but PCSX4All freezes, it's stable on 790, so i'd say 790 as stable freq for my WIZ (what i can't choose...)

glezmen said:
the choices are not really good, i doubt it makes sense to list freqs under 700 (or even750) Mhz, and the resolution is very bad above 750Mhz, for example GBA emu runs well on 800MHz for me, but PCSX4All freezes, it's stable on 790, so i'd say 790 as stable freq for my WIZ (what i can't choose...)

Stable means EVERYTHING works at that clock speed, not just some things here and there. Whether it makes sense to include those or not doesn't really matter. People just won't select them. :rolleyes:

And I did say "which mostly resembles" your clock, so 775 would be appropriate (since you can't reach 800) Like I said, it's not intended to be a wholly accurate scientific poll with which the rest of the world will base their facts on. I'm just interested in what some people can get to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is an interesting poll. I'm looking forward to the results. I don't overclock mine at all, so i cannot vote (don't play emulators)

Mine can get up to 800 no problem :D

On the same note, I remember my old GP2X overclocked to 250 without crashing and felt jealous of those who could overclock theirs to 275 or (if they were extremely lucky) 300 and remain stable.

Derek said:
I voted for 775mhz but its more like 770mhz. If I go higher than that I get lockups.

800 Mhz on the dot for me, 810 mhz and I get funny colors and artifacts in games, 820 mhz and it crashes in 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back