Wiz Is Coming!

'Peter R' said:
'craigix' said:
Thanks for sharing. I shall speak to them about this immediately.
Expensive phone calls to Korea shall ensue?

...since he cannot afford/make video-conference due to inmature software on his pissdora

Last edited by a moderator:
'quasist' said:
'Peter R' said:
'craigix' said:

...since he cannot afford/make video-conference due to inmature software on his pissdora

Once we have our Pandoras, video conferencing will work with a suitable webcam. :)

'atomicthumbs' said:
'quasist' said:
'Peter R' said:
'craigix' said:

Once we have our Pandoras, video conferencing will work with a suitable webcam. :)

And also, there won't be any video conferencing software for the Wiz anyway, due to the lack of USB port, Internet connection, or a CPU that doesn't suck balls. I don't see what you're complaining about, Qausist. :p

How does the Wiz's 533mhz ARM9 suck balls? It's the ram that sucks, or the amount of ram it has. Then again it's also about $170 bucks cheaper and is less of an emulation machine.

geise69 said:
How does the Wiz's 533mhz ARM9 suck balls? It's the ram that sucks, or the amount of ram it has. Then again it's also about $170 bucks cheaper and is less of an emulation machine.
I think its general opinion now that the cache is the wiz's weak spot.

Guys don't forget that it's not the intention of GPH to put the Wiz up against the Pandora, the two machines have different goals in life, so please stop comparing them as it makes no sense!

'WarmFluffyUK' said:
Guys don't forget that it's not the intention of GPH to put the Wiz up against the Pandora, the two machines have different goals in life, so please stop comparing them as it makes no sense!
Speaking of which, I would love to see how Pickle's Quake 3 work runs on the Wiz. All trolling aside, that should give us a good idea of what kind of power we can expect from our Wizs. I for one will not be using the Wiz for anything but emulation - for homebrew and other stuff, I'll be using my pandora.

D.

'arrrgh' said:
And also, there won't be any video conferencing software for the Wiz anyway, due to the lack of USB port, Internet connection, or a CPU that doesn't suck balls. I don't see what you're complaining about, Qausist. :p
First learn to type my nickname, then go piss in your pissdora section.
WIZ do not need any of UPMC bullshit.

'Pickle' said:
'geise69' said:
I think its general opinion now that the cache is the wiz's weak spot.

I thought it was the memory speed bottleneck...

'quasist' said:
'arrrgh' said:
First learn to type my nickname, then go piss in your pissdora section.
WIZ do not need any of UPMC bullshit.

Is that what's so bad about the "pissdora"? That it has UMPC features?

Is the Pissdora a wiz emulator for the Pandora? ;)

'Game_over' said:
Is the Pissdora a wiz emulator for the Pandora? ;)
Thats so comical that it almost needs to be done :ph34r:

Edit: I can confirm that tonyhan is actually an employee of GPH who joined them recently. I don't know why he said he was a friend of an employee? Maybe a mistranslation.

Hmmh, after being happy that he wasn't a bot, hearing that he 'mistranslated' his status at the company isn't very good. Well, I suppose I should be happy that we have a representative who isn't just using google translate. And perhaps the online culture is quite different over in korea, as that might explain his erm, 'enthusiasm'.

'klikklak' said:
the online culture is quite different over in korea, as that might explain his erm, 'enthusiasm'.
White nerds from west are not army :)

It's *UMPC* not *UPMC*. How can you screw up an Acronym?

'tonyhan' said:
What do you mean by rival?
They are seriously working hard to do everything for everyone
Nobody knows what WIZ would be when they start touching it.
:p
Then lets see what comes out!
'tonyhan' said:
'tonyhan' said:
:blink:
Ok, I'm laughing so hard right now, xD

I think the poor wiz came just at the wrong time. With the Pandora being tailored to the community's specific tastes and every step of the production being shared in videos and images, there is understandably a lot of hype. When the Wiz was announced, it appeared inferior to the Pandora, and a few felt the need to prevent a 'rival' from supplanting their dream console. Millions died in the ensuing flame war :angry: . (sorry, thought I needed to lighten the mood there :p ) Still, the Pandora and Wiz can hopefully co-exist. My only question is this, how do the hardcore GP32 owners feel about all this?

Back