Recent News Of Wiz Launching

tonyhan

Still Fresh
WIZ is on the way coming to launch
I have got a recent news that WIZ would be launching on April the 30th to the buyers in Europe
Please be patient.
I know that they are really working hard for a better quality of WIZ.

WIZ would be having a

Flash Engine Version of 8.0
and
Action Script of 2.0

So they have been working really hard for this.
Let's give them time to breath.
They are seriously working hard to bring up an awsome console.

I ll be in contact with you guys and I will try to bring up updated news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two GPH guys in one year? This is a record :p.
(all this guy seems to do is spam, his is GPH, right?)

I am not exactly from GP2X WIZ
I have so much interest in WIZ that I would like to upgrades things for the users.
Is there any problem with that?

In three days I am going to upload the metal sticker of WIZ.
Its awasome!

so please be patient and wait for the WIZ.

This place is for news so I would not say nothing XXX.

Thanks then :)

I too have heard the Wiz launch is targetting the end of April.

I've also been told that GPH have been busy squashing bugs (Whether they meant hardware or software is unknown to me, however).

Most important things for now, for me:

- tearing problem corrected?
- firmware released to community?
- differencej between benchmarks of old WizOS and new WizOS?
- GPH marketing strategy
- Game releases strategy
- GPH Short-term strategy [ 2-6 months in the future ]
- battery replacement strategy, who is producing the battery , where we could buy it? Korea only or maybe from other countries?
- compatibility flash 8.0 for wiz with original flash 8.0 [ im not sure that gph build full spec flash 8.0 compatible port ]

Like Peter said firmware has to be release due to GPL, I don't think they'll do gp2x mishap again. As for the battery, I was under the impression that it was a standard Samsung, meaning you could get a new one from a phone store. Well, at least the charger was standard.

'klikklak' said:
Like Peter said firmware has to be release due to GPL, I don't think they'll do gp2x mishap again. As for the battery, I was under the impression that it was a standard Samsung, meaning you could get a new one from a phone store. Well, at least the charger was standard.
I was under impression that releasing gp2x FW sourcecode AFTER death of gp2x was prepared from the beginning, and the same situation will be on Wiz, because the main advantage GPH over chinese copies like JXD301 was well prepared Linux distro [ any other things was bought from china, copying the Hardware GP2X could be a matter of time ]. Also having flash 8.0 in Wiz FW making things difficult to manage. Flash is not OpenSourced afaik. Like Craigix said in some post / or interwview few months ago, chinese companies have fixed idea of adding the OS and software to their MP4 players / GameSystems and they basing on one linux distro in maybe 2/3 wariants. I might be wrong but we will see soon, after releasing wiz...

'klikklak' said:
The Wiz battery is larger than my Samsung phone so I doubt it ;)

klikklak said:
A version of the kernel has already made it out.

Several versions to be precise, along with the source code to a version of the menu, sdl and the rest of the GPL'd works. We can't expect them to do a source release each time they release a firmware update however. Let them finish it and release as one.

'StreaK' said:
Most important things for now, for me:

- tearing problem corrected?
- firmware released to community?
- differencej between benchmarks of old WizOS and new WizOS?
- GPH marketing strategy
- Game releases strategy
- GPH Short-term strategy [ 2-6 months in the future ]
- battery replacement strategy, who is producing the battery , where we could buy it? Korea only or maybe from other countries?
- compatibility flash 8.0 for wiz with original flash 8.0 [ im not sure that gph build full spec flash 8.0 compatible port ]
-the firmware will be at GP2X homepage it self
-the differences between the old WizOS and the new WizOS is that the buttons has been moved and changed secondly the Flash Engine 8.0 and Action Script is 2.0
-GPH marketing strategy? Please tell me your opinion in the marketing strategy
-The release date will be on the 30th of April
-NOt short term Strategy
-GP2X are producing their own batteries and you can get the batteries from the market where you have bought your WIZ.
-GP2X is amking afull spec of flash 8.0 compatible port

'Peter R' said:
'klikklak' said:
The Wiz battery is larger than my Samsung phone so I doubt it ;)

Which one would be bigger.
The WIZ or A Mobile Phone?
Which one will consume more battery?
Then you would have the answer why WIZ has a bigger battery than a mobile phone

'GP2X-INT' said:
I know the Wiz is bigger, needs a bigger battery and hence has one. I was just pointing out to the other poster that he won't be able to just buy a Samsung phone battery and replace a Wiz one with it.

'Peter R' said:
'GP2X-INT' said:
I know the Wiz is bigger, needs a bigger battery and hence has one. I was just pointing out to the other poster that he won't be able to just buy a Samsung phone battery and replace a Wiz one with it.

Thank you for your understanding.
I would like for all the interested WIZ user to share their ideas with me.
Thanks again.

'tonyhan' said:
I have so much interest in WIZ that I would like to upgrades things for the users.

You're posting from the same IP address as GP2X-INT, so if you're not the same person you're at least in the same building. If you're a GPH representative and you're trying to drum up excitement for the Wiz, that's fine. This is a Wiz forum and the people here LIKE to hear from you guys.

However, if you're a representative for GPH, it doesn't look good if you claim to just be a "fan". The English term for that is "astroturfing", and it is frowned on. If you want to stay on good terms with Wiz users, it is best to be up front about who you are and who you're working for.

'Chip' said:
'tonyhan' said:

You're posting from the same IP address as GP2X-INT, so if you're not the same person you're at least in the same building. If you're a GPH representative and you're trying to drum up excitement for the Wiz, that's fine. This is a Wiz forum and the people here LIKE to hear from you guys.

However, if you're a representative for GPH, it doesn't look good if you claim to just be a "fan". The English term for that is "astroturfing", and it is frowned on. If you want to stay on good terms with Wiz users, it is best to be up front about who you are and who you're working for.
To tell you the truth I just changed my ID because whatever the other ID says you might not trust
I am trying to give you all the UPDATES of the WIZ with another ID so you could take it.
Does that answer your questions why I have changed the ID?
I have a friend working at GP2X WIZ so I am trying to upload all the recent news to the people
who are interested in WIZ.

I wasnt trying to cheat or play games with the GP2X users.
Just trying to give real updates news.

So wait what you're saying is that you didn't think we'd trust you so you pretended to be another person?

That...does not fix your problem.

I am still certain tonyhan is a bot. No one can be SO stupid and annoying, even when using automatic translation tools :D

'GP2X-INT' said:
Which I would like for all the interested WIZ user to share their ideas with me.
There is one major hardware/software problem - diagonal tearing in 320x240 mode. Will GPH fix it? See here for more info:
www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46802&st=30
I know 240x320 mode works but it is inconvenient and can be slow.

Another major software problem is use of old ARM ABI (OABI). This forces to use old compilers. It also prevents running programs from other newer Linux devices on Wiz.

Back