Wiz Is Coming!

'tonyhan' said:
Look 'StreaK' maybe you can only speak in English but I might be speaking more languages than you
Maybe because you are not that smart! thats why... hahahaha...
So have you seen WIZ before? only by pic? puh~~
you are really talking~~
Lets think a little bit before you say something.
Have you ever touched any console before? Because I dont think so
On the way you are talking it seems that you havent touched something before
hahahahaha~
Cheese Burger.... :) That was fun! how were you able to comperate like that~!
men you are awasome in talking bullshit!
I am pretty sure you are the only person who doesnt care about WIZ.
Oh~ I got it so you like Nintendo~ something that you can play when you are lonely or when you want
to play beside your mum!

Come on~ men we are not here to say something is bad or saying something bad about something.
If you havent test it dont say anything about it!
Test it! and then talk about it then I will keep quiet.
you got it my friend?
Then take it easy my friend.
Firstly , youre new "in town" :) so please if youre composing NEWS in WIZ Forum, please compose it properly. The best way is to put known facts about it, and not adding "hey people this is the awesome handheld, check it"
Secondly, im judging by the quality of GPH releases. The quality of consumer service which is non existent, and many other things that GPH never tried to change. Thats why i have soo negative opinion about GPH company , and NOT about WIZ itself. Dont forget that im not attacking WIZ Handheld, but the COMPANY.
Oh, and i really care about WIZ because i really dont try to hype WIZ and im trying to point out all the mistakes that GPH made in past.

Last edited by a moderator:
'klikklak' said:
To be honest I think GPH has a better clue about real electronics market then the pandora people. Fast release schedule is one of these things, the main competitors will be chinese electronics and they''re being released every time there is a new spec to release. Things get faster, cheaper and with better battery time all the time. This is not negotiable. The only thing that keeps people locked in a machine is software and with open source the availability of this is greatly improved even on new machines. So I think it''s a good idea to get low entry difficulty (flash games) machine out, sell it like regular electronics and not like a religious cult and when newer and better things eclipse it, release something new yourself.
If thats truth, the GPH really changes their customers target. So competition will begins with amoi , archos and any other company that sells small mp4 players with the ability to play games [ like JXD301 ]. These kind of electronics are really short lived and with minimal support from developing it comapny. Thats could be the horror for gp32x.de fans / fanboys , if you ask me.

Jumping onto chinese mainsteram of MP4 players will generate a lot of problems. One of them is the price. Korean market cant compete with chinese stuff these days.Even if the'll produce better stuff, average joe choose cheaper stuff [ 50pounds] with ability to play MP4/MP3/AVI than Wiz [ 110punds] with more of the same.

Dont forget that gamming mainstream target is different than mp3 / mp4 mainstream target. Wiz cant compete with chinese mp4 players in any matter, because main device purpose is playing games.

BTW: Craigix is the only distributor of wiz in the europe [ and ED also ], guaranted by contract [ afaik ], so if they want to make a move to the mainstream they'll need to cut of craigix contract, or renegotiate it somehow to push GPH stuff to oher distributors , right? Maybe thats why craigix created pandora? You cant be on top when everybode else could sell the same product for equal price.

BTW.v2
Credit crunch forces everybody/ every company to change tactics and looking for new ways to sell the products, if GPH feels the breath of crawling credit crunch problems behind, they will surely tries to jump to mass market , where not quality matters but quantity, and then chinese people will strike with the same weapon as GPH -> opensource handheld systems with gamming capabilities. This will be the end of GPH as we know it.

'StreaK' said:
If thats truth, the GPH really changes their customers target. So competition will begins with amoi , archos and any other company that sells small mp4 players with the ability to play games [ like JXD301 ]. These kind of electronics are really short lived and with minimal support from developing it comapny. Thats could be the horror for gp32x.de fans / fanboys , if you ask me.

Jumping onto chinese mainsteram of MP4 players will generate a lot of problems. One of them is the price. Korean market cant compete with chinese stuff these days.Even if the'll produce better stuff, average joe choose cheaper stuff [ 50pounds] with ability to play MP4/MP3/AVI than Wiz [ 110punds] with more of the same.

Dont forget that gamming mainstream target is different than mp3 / mp4 mainstream target. Wiz cant compete with chinese mp4 players in any matter, because main device purpose is playing games.
Well, it's just an educated guess of the market. I think premium pricing on handheld electronics is mostly over and commodification has started, making the market closer to PC's then premium handhelds of yore. And frankly similar market as the pc wouldn't be that bad for gaming and gamers, sure it means less optimization for a given processor architecture, but it also means being able to upgrade to better mame versions (etc) after waiting for a year or so. A company with little overhead like the GPH (or openpandora) might be able to just produce them in china and sell them with superior knowledge of the market, at least when compared to a chinese manufacturer.

Like I said, the thing that keeps people locked in to a machine is software. If it's easy to compile, it'll spread to even niche machines. As for what is gaming mainstream market, I'm pretty sure that's casual games and especially flash games and not emulators. That's what wiz is aiming at and commercially it really might be a better choice then an retrogamer ghetto. Now I don't necessarily belong in this target market, I'm mostly looking forward to strategy and rpg's on amiga.

Now as a disclaimer I have to point out that I don't have any magical crystal ball of market predictions, nor do I even claim that I'm being completely fair in my analysis, as it's a bit exaggerated.

'Orkie' said:
'StreaK' said:
guaranted by contract [ afaik ]
Not any more.

ugh, thats what thought. Everything is clearing now slightly.

'klikklak' said:
Well, it's just an educated guess of the market. I think premium pricing on handheld electronics is mostly over and commodification has started, making the market closer to PC's then premium handhelds of yore. And frankly similar market as the pc wouldn't be that bad for gaming and gamers, sure it means less optimization for a given processor architecture, but it also means being able to upgrade to better mame versions (etc) after waiting for a year or so. A company with little overhead like the GPH (or openpandora) might be able to just produce them in china and sell them with superior knowledge of the market, at least when compared to a chinese manufacturer.
If two people doing the same things, it isnt the same :) [ linux community shows that in every aspect ]
This will generate huge fragmentation of communities like gp32x.de, and make emulation / homebrew slowdowns to the idle level.
All business is rolling because we have in here good devs that from one month to another pushing the train called gp2x very fast. What will happen if 20% devs jumps on new chnese opensource handheld , next stays with pndora and another with wiz? A big slowdown in every aspect. If community of enthusiast is bigger, development going slightly fast, in other case fragmentation kills all systems.

I would hope that you know the details of your own business without having to ask for them on a forum.

'tonyhan' said:
Look 'StreaK' maybe you can only speak in English but I might be speaking more languages than you
Maybe because you are not that smart! thats why... hahahaha...
So have you seen WIZ before? only by pic? puh~~
you are really talking~~
Lets think a little bit before you say something.
Have you ever touched any console before? Because I dont think so
On the way you are talking it seems that you havent touched something before
hahahahaha~
Cheese Burger.... :) That was fun! how were you able to comperate like that~!
men you are awasome in talking bullshit!
I am pretty sure you are the only person who doesnt care about WIZ.
Oh~ I got it so you like Nintendo~ something that you can play when you are lonely or when you want
to play beside your mum!

Come on~ men we are not here to say something is bad or saying something bad about something.
If you havent test it dont say anything about it!
Test it! and then talk about it then I will keep quiet.
you got it my friend?
Then take it easy my friend.
I think you could do with calming down a little, the forum members here know more about the Wiz than you give them credit for.

'StreaK' said:
Heh, they've failed to try to sell WIZ to me as a consumer
You cry like a child without OLPC

"failed to try" is LOL also

'quasist' said:
'StreaK' said:
Heh, they''ve failed to try to sell WIZ to me as a consumer
You cry like a child without OLPC

"failed to try" is LOL also

Im just 13yo emo kid with big head, what more can i say :)

BTW. Making business is an art, and GPH are bad artists , man.

Wow...I feel that I'm in a :pandora1: forum

'geise69' said:
Yeah, no shit. Streak needs to calm down, if he dislikes GPH so much perhaps he should ignore them (along with these subforums).

Sure, a generic Chinese MP4-player will have the same emulators as everything else, but nothing else (not to mention inferior hardware and build quality). The established handhelds like Wiz and Pandora will gain larger followings which will produce some really nice original software. Considering that this software will be largely freeware, I think paying a higher price for the handheld itself is worth it. Unless of course you breathe for emulators, in which case have fun playing Mario for the 60th time!

Maybe You're right.

CalmMode: ON
And...
Flower for Quasist und Tonyhan :)

flower.gif

'Alex.' said:
'geise69' said:
Yeah, no shit. Streak needs to calm down, if he dislikes GPH so much perhaps he should ignore them (along with these subforums).

Sure, a generic Chinese MP4-player will have the same emulators as everything else, but nothing else (not to mention inferior hardware and build quality). The established handhelds like Wiz and Pandora will gain larger followings which will produce some really nice original software. Considering that this software will be largely freeware, I think paying a higher price for the handheld itself is worth it. Unless of course you breathe for emulators, in which case have fun playing Mario for the 60th time!

+lots

:)

'StreaK' said:
Maybe You're right.

CalmMode: ON
And...
Flower for Quasist und Tonyhan :)

flower.gif
Thank you for that.
We are not here to argue how GP2X is going to run there business
It is not our problem, and even though it is not our life
So lets leave them out.
Well I would like to apologise with all the nonsense words I wrote.
Just that I am in love with the WIZ.
Lets try the WIZ and let the people know if it is good or not.
That will be the answer to conclude this arguement.

To explain one thing about the Chinese things is that they dont last long enough...
Everybody knows that.
The Chinese can copy straight one thing to another which that surprises me that they have that
knowledge. But what else?
I will try the WIZ first as soon as it comes out and I will let you know.

One questions what items do you think it should add at WIZ to become a bette console?

Comments in this.

Dont say again that I am working for somebody bla bla bla
Because I am tired of reading those forums.
Got it. Just if we are fans and interested we can give ideas to GP2X for a better console
if they are ready to listen to us

'Orkie' said:
I would hope that you know the details of your own business without having to ask for them on a forum.
I do, but I don't know what you specifically are talking about in regards to my contract with GPH.

Please explain in detail what you meant by your comments.

'craigix' said:
I do, but I don't know what you specifically are talking about in regards to my contract with GPH.

Please explain in detail what you meant by your comments.
When I asked GPH a while back about where it would be available in the UK, they said you wouldn't be an exclusive distributor for the Wiz. Enough detail for you (not that I care, I don't have any more to offer not actually being part of GPH)?

Back