The Wiz

marmaduke

ello im thinking about pre ordering the wiz but the only thing holding me back is can they delivery anywhere in the world? and the pandora was ment to be coming out years ago will the wiz be like this? thanks

You should be able to get one delivered nearly anywhere. I think Play-Asia will ship just about anywhere, and probably other shops will too. The Wiz hardware is complete, the firmware is pretty much complete too, so there is no reason why it should drag on beyond the expected end of February/beginning of March release.

play aisa ae well can i fly there and pic it up? thanks i mean pre order it and pick it up in aisa or where ever?

and tobehonest im not sure what its all about lol i saw the pandoraon youtube and it was brill! kinda hopes the wiz is like that to. is the wiz on youtube? thanks

You could just pay the postage and get it delivered straight to your door :D.

The Wiz is a handheld video game machine which is aimed towards homebrew (i.e. it is not locked down in any way and people are free to develop whatever software they wish without paying any license fees or having to have their software approved). There are lots of very good homebrew games around, and I personally am hoping for many more new ones on the Wiz, along with ports of previously successful titles. There is no reason why somebody couldn't make it work as a PDA, do MIDI stuff with it, build a robot using the Wiz for processing, or something else entirely different.

The development tools are out there already, it is a very versatile machine and the source code to nearly all of the firmware is available (I actually have this in hand right now, so there will be no GPL issues like with the GP2X) for those who want to tinker with that.

thanks alots i was sooooo very close to getting a gp2x then i didnt that was a few years ago (which got me involved on this forum) then now i almost got a tapewave but didnt but )-8 but its reminded me about this site and now im looking at the wiz so im getting back into it all very slowly haha but i used to have a psp with all the homebrew and stuff.

Back