Wiz Competition And Sdl Info.

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
Hi all,

I have been talking to GPH and they said that they will be holding a game competition soon. they will have a pot of £200,000 ( Oops it's $200,000, thanks for correcting me Ed :) ) to be spread out between the top few games. More info on this to come soon folks!

They have also said that the SDL manual will be released at the end of June.

Take care and welcome back to the boards all,
Clare.

Yup, that will truly be a cool compo.

Just some small mistake you did: It's 200.000USD, but I think that's still enough :D

That's a very impressive pot, I'm eagerly waiting for the rules and SDK now :)

Oh, and could we add the Wiz smilie back, I think it got lost during the move -
icon_wiz.gif

Holy crap, $200k. I wonder just how much that'll be distributed, how many are a "few" games. I wonder if the top place will get something relatively huge like $50k. A number like that would be large enough for even I to take notice >_>

I understood this to be that $200k was the full promotional budget, and some of that is for the competition, is it confirmed that the full $200k is just for a coding competition? That would be astonishing.

a 200k pot would attract some pretty decent scene devs we are yet to see.

if this is the real budget, then sounds like time to get me a WIZ!

The 200k is the competition budget, not alone for the prices, also for promo, as craig said.

Where do we get to place bets on devs that we think will win? This would mean that non devs get a little cash to. Ooh, you could cut the tention with a knife! Lets get some friendly rivalry going! :p

SDL Manuel - Does that include Opengl ES info? Man, I've been working on some tests/benchmarks/demos etc to run on this thing using dgles. I'm dying for some info on the 3d specs...

Edit: Just found opengles_lite.so and libWIZGLES in glquake. That's enough to start hacking away, however any more info is greatly appreciated. This competition is gonna rock!

keldecow posted on May 16 2009 at 07:11 PM said:
SDL Manuel - Does that include Opengl ES info? Man, I've been working on some tests/benchmarks/demos etc to run on this thing using dgles. I'm dying for some info on the 3d specs...

Edit: Just found opengles_lite.so and libWIZGLES in glquake. That's enough to start hacking away, however any more info is greatly appreciated. This competition is gonna rock!
I have a very short doc(ill look around for it) from gph that describes the hw. Its called a lf1000, i remember it has 2 texture units.
opengles_lite.so is the lib they provide, it expects to link to some external functionsm which are provided by libWIZGLES which I put together from an example code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back